Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
mcjowen

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.4 (2013-09-20)

Postby mcjowen » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 am

I get this when I try and patch
"23:03:36.929 [Thread-6] ERROR net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread - Patching failed. java.io.EOFException
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully(Unknown Source)
at net.vhati.ftldat.FTLDat$FTLPack.readLittleUInt(FTLDat.java:475)
at net.vhati.ftldat.FTLDat$FTLPack.readIndex(FTLDat.java:572)
at net.vhati.ftldat.FTLDat$FTLPack.<init>(FTLDat.java:461)
at net.vhati.ftldat.FTLDat$FTLPack.<init>(FTLDat.java:451)
at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.patch(ModPatchThread.java:160)
at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.run(ModPatchThread.java:88)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:27 am

@mcjowen
Look here
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
discobuddha

Postby discobuddha » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:04 am

Troubleshooting, I installed Slipstream to the number using VOV's video,( the new one) but every time I try to run the program a black box appears for a millisecond then nothing happens. I saw somebody else had the same problem but i could not figure it out. Any response would be GREATLY appreciated because i want to further expand my FTL experience with Mods.
discobuddha

Postby discobuddha » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:06 am

kartoFlane wrote:
ColdSuit wrote:Now I downloaded this manager, looked a VoV's video, I think I did everything right, but when I clicked on the modman app to run, it did the black code screen like in the video, but then nothing else happened, can someone please tell me what happened and what to do?

What system do you use? Was there any text at all displayed in the console (the black screen)? If not, look for modman-log.txt in SMM's directory, and post its contents here between [ code ][ /code ] tags.

@RAD-82
Sure thing - the more people learn how to use the advanced tags efficiently, the better :)

TheWarThatChanged wrote:Hello. I just downloaded your manager,but ]every time I open it even though I have mods in the folder the manager can not find them,and shows that nothing is in the folder when I try patching them in

Are you absolutely sure the folder is located in SMM's directory, next to the modman.exe, and named exactly mods?
If yes, are there any error messages in the console and/or modman-log.txt ?

I have the same problem as cold suit, my program wont even give me the option to run as an admin, even through the CMD prompt.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:11 am

@discobuddha
Alright, but can you answer the question? Tell me what system you're using (Windows / Mac / Linux), and locate the modman-log.txt file in SMM's directory, and post its contents here between [ code ][ /code ] tags.

What I can already guess, since the console disappears almost immediately, is that something's going very wrong, because the program is terminating itself even before the graphical interface is displayed. But without the information I requested above (the log, most of all), it's very hard to pinpoint the cause.
discobuddha

Postby discobuddha » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:01 am

kartoFlane wrote:@discobuddha
Alright, but can you answer the question? Tell me what system you're using (Windows / Mac / Linux), and locate the modman-log.txt file in SMM's directory, and post its contents here between [ code ][ /code ] tags.

What I can already guess, since the console disappears almost immediately, is that something's going very wrong, because the program is terminating itself even before the graphical interface is displayed. But without the information I requested above (the log, most of all), it's very hard to pinpoint the cause.

I am on windows 7, i cannot fin and modmanager.txt files other than the readme for changelods and troubleshooting this is what i see when is open the slipstream file
BAckup
mods
license.txt
modman.exe
modman.jar
Readme change log
readme for window
readme modders
discobuddha

Postby discobuddha » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:10 am

discobuddha wrote:
kartoFlane wrote:@discobuddha

I am on windows 7, i cannot fin and modmanager.txt files other than the readme for changelods and troubleshooting this is what i see when is open the slipstream file
BAckup
mods
license.txt
modman.exe
modman.jar
Readme change log
readme for window
readme modders

Wow thankyou so much i put the pieces together why i had no .txt file , the file apparently needed to be extracted not just opened with 7zip , I bet you this is Coldsuits problem. Thanks Again i can finally enjoy mods.
Editor

Postby Editor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Hey guys, having a problem with the game and mod manager.
So, I load up the Mod Manager, toggle Endless Space mod, click patch. It then says Patching failed: Java.io.EOFException

So I tried to launch FTL regardless, when the loading bar reaches the end, it comes up with a Visual c++ Runtime Library message.

Assertion Failed!

Program: ...
File: src/rapidxml/rapidxml.hpp
Line:1383
Expression:Text

So, I then try to launch FTL with the mod manager closed and it still gives me the same error.

Then I decided to verify integrity to see if that works. Finds there is a file missing, it then reinstalls the missing file and I can play, but if I try to launch the mod manager after reinstalling said missing file, it just does the same thing with the error.

I've just tried loading the mod manager, not toggling any mods and launching the game, gives me the same error.

Any help guys?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:20 am

@Editor
Look here
rhaining

enhancement request

Postby rhaining » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Sorry, not sure if this has already been suggested or not.

I like the idea of keeping separate stats for each mod. It would be awesome if the mod manager could also manage your profile/config/save files for you automatically. This could be done in one of two ways.

#1: The mod manager carries with it a base profile+config file with no stats, no history, but with all ships unlocked. (Or maybe it has 2 or 3 versions: version A is a completely fresh profile, version B is a fresh profile with all ships unlocked, and version C is a fresh profile with all ships unlocked and all achievements earned.) Whenver you patch, the mod manager "knows" what set of mods and mod order you were using before, and backs up your profile/config/save files as a set, specific to exactly that set of mods. Whenver you patch to a new set of mods that hasn't been used before, it asks you if you want to tie this config to an existing config or if you want to start with a fresh config. This way, you could have a shared profile for multiple mod configurations that are very similar (e.g. ones with or without UI-only changes).

#2: A bit more manual. Whenever you patch, the tool asks if you want to make a backup copy of your profile/config/save files, which could be a new backup or overwrite any existing backup. So, the player themselves could choose the backup names that are meaningful to them. After patching, the tool asks if you want to restore any of your backups.