[Mod] Enemy Diversity Pack

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

[Mod] Enemy Diversity Pack

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Ever got tired of killing the same enemies over and over again? Ever wanted some challenge, other than a new ship?

Here is a simple mod that strives to accomplish this - the Enemy Diversity Pack, which expands the enemy fleets by adding a layout B to almost every enemy ship in the game - tougher and better equipped than your ordinary foes!

With the release of Sleeper Service's New Enemy Classes mod, it's unlikely this one will be expanded further (as all the things that I've wanted to include were pretty much his ideas - initially, my only intent was to provide more layouts)

Imgur album

Downloads:
Discontinued and taken over by SleeperService. Check out his Captains Edition, though!
Last edited by kartoFlane on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Jaggedmallard

Re: [Mod] Enemy Diversity Pack

Postby Jaggedmallard » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Sounds interesting.
Do you have any images of the Type B ships?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:53 am

Gah, yeah, I suppose it's pretty mandatory for every mod - I'll get some screenshots up soon-ish.
Though frankly, I've thought some people would like the surprise of seeing an enemy for the first time :)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah, the problem is sometimes, people have installed a lot of mods and they are too lazy to just erase all of em to just try something that they maybe dont like. So some screenshots are always good. I suposse this only modifies the autoblueprints.xml file and ai ships, right?

Looks interesting, lets give it a try :)

PD.: I noticed u have 2 autoblueprint files, but only 1, the autoblueprints.xml.append is valid, wats the purpose of the other one (the one that ends on xml, and not append)?
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:51 pm

The autoBlueprints.append.xml is the same as autoBleuprints.xml.append (GMM treats both the same way) - it's just that I decided to use one of them to contain all the ship blueprints, and the other to contain lists - that way, if I want to make some changes to a ship, I only have to edit one file (since EDP has two releases, vanilla and edp-only)
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:51 pm

I haven't played this much yet, but a Mantis Bomber was off center in the screen. Anyways, really liking how the ships are different but (so far) not OP at all.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 pm

I didn't say they'd be OP at all, mostly I just added a system or two, bumped hull health by several points, tweaked system min/max levels a bit, added augments to almost all of them, some received additional crew. But generally they should be in-line with vanilla ships, only slightly tougher or better equipped.

And yeah, I'm still fixing the issues with some of them being off-center. I sometimes update the mod without making any notes about doing so -- guess I'll include a readme of sorts in the download directory, to inform about the latest update, should anyone care to check it periodically (doubt that)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:20 pm

kartoFlane wrote:The autoBlueprints.append.xml is the same as autoBleuprints.xml.append (GMM treats both the same way) - it's just that I decided to use one of them to contain all the ship blueprints, and the other to contain lists - that way, if I want to make some changes to a ship, I only have to edit one file (since EDP has two releases, vanilla and edp-only)

But the game recognizes both files??? its the termination .append.xml valid??
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Yup.
From GMM's thread:
GMM wrote:Please note, both "file.xml.append" and "file.append.xml" will work, but the former may cause problems with some text editors. Use whichever works for you.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:29 pm

speedoflight wrote:But the game recognizes both files??? is the termination .append.xml valid??
Technically, it's the Mod Manager that recognizes them both.
After all mods have been applied, the game only sees autoBlueprints.xml.