The Shipyard

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: The Shipyard

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:10 pm

Made some planets I'm not going to use (since we moved on to a procedural system). Figured I might just as well dump them here. Don't think anyone will have use for these unless you want to make another planet pack akin to the better planets and backgrouds mod,- they are not quite on par with Sanmonkus stuff and they have way to thick atmospheres. :P
non procedural planets
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:58 am

The link for multiple planets only shows the first planet directly as "http://i.imgur.com/Pc5XOwk.png ", just the image.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:32 am

Hubnester wrote:Hey, so while I'm kicking myself over my lack of talent at splicing ships with an ounce of skill, could someone be kind enough to cook up a pirate version of the Engi C or Lanius A? I have plans for either one of them. Thanks in advance for your time!

Change in plans... I do not have the time to do it at all this week.

HOWEVER. I can give you some hauls I have made. Including the Engi Scout and Bomber type B and C hauls as well as them in pirate colour, being an example of your engi idea...
I do have a few federation ship hauls as well and also done many recolours of vanilla enemy ships...

I may squeeze in time to do your request however are you able to do the gibs part yourself? I will do the hull but you use the recolour hull to make the gibs... it's just very time consuming for me (more then should be necessary).
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Fireclaw27

Postby Fireclaw27 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Some stuff I made:
http://xomf.com/vbqqf
http://i.xomf.com/vbqqf.png

(I was going to make a weapon that drained crew's health, via a ability. I made the image, but coding failed miserably, so anyone can use this if they want.)
DebtlessGamer

Postby DebtlessGamer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:20 pm

steamtex wrote:Quick little hack together I did of the Kestrel and Federation cruisers. Comes in Federation Boring and Federation Blue. Maybe a cruiser, maybe a cargo ship.

All images including gibs download

I did get a bit lazy with the gibs, so there are only three, but hey.

May I gain permission to use your hull design in a ship mod I'm working on?
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:24 am

DebtlessGamer wrote:
steamtex wrote:Quick little hack together I did of the Kestrel and Federation cruisers. Comes in Federation Boring and Federation Blue. Maybe a cruiser, maybe a cargo ship.

I'll allow it.
DebtlessGamer

Postby DebtlessGamer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:35 am

steamtex wrote:
DebtlessGamer wrote:

I'll allow it.

Thank you
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:29 pm

I'd like to point out that this tutorial I made can be applied to these planets which Sleeper made (which look awesome by the way) to get them to fit in the game a little more.

Apparently FTL doesn't like lava. It works pretty well for most of them though.

There we go...

It's important to note for anyone who'd want to do this that to make Sleeper's planets the size of one of the larger FTL planets, Sleepers' size will have to be increased. A cubic interpolation works best for this, and you might consider making the image 3 by 3 larger than the original rather than 2 by 2.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:21 am

In honor of my new account, time to post some incomplete hull images that'll ill probably never use. I'll remove them if I change my mind, so these are all up for grabs.

One of my early attempts. Shading techniques are primitive and the color scheme is boring, but not too bad otherwise.

Crystal ship. I spent an agonizing amount of time putting together that tiny bit of crystal in the middle of the picture. Made before AE.

Was attempting to make something similar to the peregrine cruiser without completely ripping off its design. Decided it wasn't worth the effort and gave up.

Basically just spliced the stealth A on to a kestrel-like body without any color.

The most recent and probably the best out of the batch. Intended it to be a cargo ship and was going to write some unique events for it, but who's got time for that. Took a lot of inspiration from some of Taxi-Service's works when making it.
ImageImageImage