[SHIP][WIP]USS Defiant

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
y0sho

[SHIP][WIP]USS Defiant

Postby y0sho » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Hey guys!

I just made a ship! I love this game and thought I would try to contribute in some way. Thanks to the developers for make this game, and the community for helping me make this ship.

This is the first ship I have built. So it took me a while and I am still working on it. But all feedback is welcome, thanks.

Here are some screens..

This ship takes the place of the Kestral. The layout is to as close to the actual ship as I could get it. I also did not include drones in this layout.

I know there is still a lot of work to be done, but thought I would post what I have completed so far.

Thanks to everyone who has given it a try. Your input is invaluable.

New Version .63!

Download here: https://www.box.com/s/gpm16spdzx22c35mzw3o

Changes;
Changed room layout
Added customer room images for bridge, engine room, cloak, shields, and weapons room
Room are now manned correctly
Added phaser cannon weapons

In development;
adjustment of cloak and shield images
shading ship image
weapons and weapon images

Known issues;
phaser cannons show no projectile
miniship image not working
Last edited by y0sho on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
UltraMantis

Re: [WIP][SHIP]USS Defiant

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Looks impressive! Very nice work, keep it up.

This is just nitpicking on my part, but that 1x4 room is going to have one problem. The low oxygen stripes will not show up in the entire room. Because the stripes only exist as 1x2, 2x1 and 2x2 sprites. You could get around this by creating two 1x2 rooms.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Darkshadowmark

Postby Darkshadowmark » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 pm

I really like the design for the ship. I'll make sure to try it out today.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 pm

while it looks fun, having a new weapon would be nice, something to make it unique
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:12 pm

As far as i can tell, the engine room cant be manned - the guy just stands there not working and the status says not manned.

And the medroom can only have 1 patient at at time in it. Lost a game against 4 invading mantis cause of that^^
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
y0sho

Postby y0sho » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:03 pm

UltraMantis wrote:This is just nitpicking on my part, but that 1x4 room is going to have one problem. The low oxygen stripes will not show up in the entire room. Because the stripes only exist as 1x2, 2x1 and 2x2 sprites. You could get around this by creating two 1x2 rooms.

Thanks for the heads up, I would have never known that. I think I will leave the long hallway tho, the two rooms look weird to me. ;P

BrenTenkage wrote:while it looks fun, having a new weapon would be nice, something to make it unique

That's a great idea! I added phaser cannons on the latest update, and plan to add photons and phaser beams. Thanks for the input!

Metzelmax wrote:As far as i can tell, the engine room cant be manned - the guy just stands there not working and the status says not manned.

And the medroom can only have 1 patient at at time in it. Lost a game against 4 invading mantis cause of that^^

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that it wasn't being manned. This information brought me to the realization that many of the rooms were wrong. I have since changed the layout and adjusted the positioning of the stations. Should be better now. Thanks for pointing that out! :)
asorel

Re: [SHIP][WIP]USS Defiant

Postby asorel » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Although I like the idea of adding a new weapon, I would suggest giving the Defiant two Burst Laser IIIs until the proper visuals have been created. Also, would it be possible to make Phasers a standalone weapon, rather than a replacer of Burst Laser III? In addition, having these weapons at the beginning of the game is a bit overpowered. What about an energy weapon and a torpedo launcher?
BadgersCanSpace

Postby BadgersCanSpace » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:45 pm

That looks really good!
arcuspilot

Now this is a fantastic ship!

Postby arcuspilot » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 am

Man, I love this ship! The default weapons are just right. The layout with the airlocks at the back are perfect. I love how the gunner sits in the nose and the pilot behind him - just like in an Apache Gunship.
Thanks so much for your work and effort!

Using this ship I play in the style of a pirate hunter - no prisoners! (unless I get to rescue somebody to add to my crew in return for letting the pirates live :) )

Do you take requests? If so, then would it be possible to release a version of the ship where it's the same olive drab green that the army use? That would make it am awesome military looking ship for me.

Again - great job!
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:58 pm

can't wait for all the bugs to be ironed out, because I do want to play this, (just fix the gaphical problem with the blasts and I'll play this)
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269