[MOD] Weaponanza! (16 new Weapons) (v1.1 - UPDATED 9/23/12)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
buzzyrecky

Re: [MOD] Weaponanza! (16 new Weapons) (v1.1 - UPDATED 9/23/

Postby buzzyrecky » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:37 am

Kaizerfreak wrote:Dang, just found that secret weapon. Gotta be one of the hardest things in the game to get, but man is it worth it.
Really? I'd say Ruin is better ;D

Well that was before rebalancing I think, so I'm not so sure now.

And yeah... sorry, finding the event for the secret weapon is sorta luck-based, even if you meet all the prerequisites. If I ever get around to reworking the events, I'll change that to make it a guaranteed chance (which may make it harder rather than easier... but it'll take that luck factor out of the equation).
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Man I am enjoying this mod, thanks for making it, love the varriety of weapons
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Trainzack

Postby Trainzack » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:17 am

One havoc laser, a couple of low power ion weapons, and 2X automated reloader.
Is the best loadout ever. You can use the ion weapons to quickly overpower and suppress the shields of any ship, and the havoc laser is quick enough to disable every system on the enemy ship at the same time.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poSjx2TaGG8

This is a lets play using both Weaponanza and the Weapons of Mass Distraction Mod, Enjoy
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:46 am

buzzyrecky wrote:
Shockr wrote:I can confirm that the Panacea weapon does prevent the console in that room being 'manned' and leaves the relevant systems status as 'damaged'.

I'll see if I can find why :)

Aww, that sucks. I've never realized that while testing, even though I did test the panacea's effects on rooms with damaged systems.

I don't know if I can fix it, seeing that the entire point of the panacea is hull-healing (which is what's probably causing it, seeing that no other weapon is supposed to be able to do that to begin with).

What I'd suggest is to just ignore its system-healing effects and use it on systemless rooms, then. Sorry about that

Any progress on this? It's been reported again. Some notice that the weapon is bugged would be nice, to let players kown...
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
buzzyrecky

Postby buzzyrecky » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:01 am

UltraMantis wrote:
buzzyrecky wrote:
Shockr wrote:I can confirm that the Panacea weapon does prevent the console in that room being 'manned' and leaves the relevant systems status as 'damaged'.

I'll see if I can find why :)

Aww, that sucks. I've never realized that while testing, even though I did test the panacea's effects on rooms with damaged systems.

I don't know if I can fix it, seeing that the entire point of the panacea is hull-healing (which is what's probably causing it, seeing that no other weapon is supposed to be able to do that to begin with).

What I'd suggest is to just ignore its system-healing effects and use it on systemless rooms, then. Sorry about that

Any progress on this? It's been reported again. Some notice that the weapon is bugged would be nice, to let players kown...

Added.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:20 am

Thanks! :D
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
CrazyDave

Postby CrazyDave » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:15 am

Just gave this mod a try-out. I only found one of the new weapons (Ruin, via a quest), but I imagine I'll find more as I play more.

Let me just say - Ruin + Weapon Pre-Igniter is THE most terrifying combination of weapons I have ever seen. Not even the flagship stood a chance; it's such a powerful weapon.

SOmething interesting to note: Text is off in places for me. For example, when I'm choosing a ship, the ship's name is in very small font and is displaced upward (in this way, it's very cut off). This is in other areas, too.

Cool mod, looking forward to playing some more!
Top scores:
1. Rock A - 4385, Easy
2. Kestral B - 4203, Normal
3. Crystal A - 4115, Easy
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 am

CrazyDave wrote:SOmething interesting to note: Text is off in places for me. For example, when I'm choosing a ship, the ship's name is in very small font and is displaced upward (in this way, it's very cut off). This is in other areas, too.

Cool mod, looking forward to playing some more!

Are you running the latest release (v1.03)? The text issue is a recent bug that seems to be cropping up with the new build, and isn't related to any particular mod.

Also:
Same "Crazy Dave"? :lol:
CrazyDave

Postby CrazyDave » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:45 pm

I am running the latest version, though I wasn't aware that it was a fault of the game, instead of a mod.

Also, I'M CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!!!! (That should answer your question :mrgreen: )
Top scores:
1. Rock A - 4385, Easy
2. Kestral B - 4203, Normal
3. Crystal A - 4115, Easy