The Spacewrights Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Awesome Warlord

The Spacewrights Mod

Postby Awesome Warlord » Tue May 26, 2015 11:19 pm

This is a formal request for someone to make the following thing(s) in ONE Spacewrights.FTL file :
(This thread will be updated every day)

Custom Accelerator
Type : Accelerator (Laser)
Cost : 50 Scrap
Power : 1
Cooldown : 12.5 Seconds
10% Fire
20% Stun
20% Breach
Ion Damage : 1
Shield Piercing : 1
Hull Damage : 1
System Damage : 1
NarnKar

Re: The Spacewrights Mod

Postby NarnKar » Wed May 27, 2015 1:39 am

Updated every day? People are only going to do free work for you maybe once or twice...

Besides, you should learn how to mod weapons yourself; it'll give you complete control over what you're doing, rather than having to ask random people for help every single day, and hoping someone does what you ask.
Awesome Warlord

Postby Awesome Warlord » Wed May 27, 2015 7:32 pm

NarnKar wrote:Updated every day? People are only going to do free work for you maybe once or twice...

Besides, you should learn how to mod weapons yourself; it'll give you complete control over what you're doing, rather than having to ask random people for help every single day, and hoping someone does what you ask.

How to mod weapons?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed May 27, 2015 10:31 pm

Awesome Warlord wrote:
How to mod weapons?

It's a long and complicated process... and I think there's a program for it, just like there's a program for shipbuilding.
Maybe I should actually try Lordrockit's weapon creator and see if it's any good.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27010

Or you could try it and see if that'll help you make a weapon.
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Thu May 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Since he's looking to make a laser it shouldn't be to hard. You can practically copy paste from the guide and then just switch around the numbers you wanna change, though I would recommend reading it as it gives you a good idea of how these things work.
Awesome Warlord

Postby Awesome Warlord » Thu May 28, 2015 10:22 pm

1. Used lordrockits weapon creater
2. Created weapon
3. opened superluminal
4. could not find weapon in weapon list (atleast not in laser list)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 28, 2015 11:57 pm

Did you install the weapon into the game or did you just create the file and assume it'd be under Superluminal?

Personally, if you want to use a custom weapon, create a ship without the custom weapon, then in the blueprints.xml.append file, add the custom weapon's blueprints and change one of the ship's guns to the name of the weapon you want to use.

Then install the mod and see if it works or defaults to the Basic Laser and crashes the game upon firing :lol:
lordrockit

Postby lordrockit » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:37 pm

Awesome Warlord wrote:1. Used lordrockits weapon creater
2. Created weapon
3. opened superluminal
4. could not find weapon in weapon list (atleast not in laser list)

First off thank you stylesrj for the shout out, second off make sure you put everything in the right folders, ill make a picuter tutorial for this when I get home(I'm out of state right now).

Second the tool is very odd for the work flow, but stylesrj is right, you need to make sure that you give the ship something like a ion burst laser then in the ship bp replace the ION_BURST (the code name of the weapon you chose, i just remembered that one) with the name of your weapon.

Third, the tool (and me) is not dead, v1.x is though due to it being hard and an incosistant work flow, the new v2.0 will be better and more user friendly

Forth (and last) v2.0 needs your help, I need people like you to(who don't know how to make pew pew happen) to comment on my thread or pm me what you want to see in v2.0
FTL lordrockit's weapon creator. Lordrockit- programer, 3d artist, gamer