[v1.3][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
nataryeahbuddy

[v1.3][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:31 am

EDIT: 1.4 is buggy, use 1.3 for now! Sorry :(
FTL TotalEventMod! v1.3

These Ideas Have been Implemented! Changelog below.
-Entertainment Hub, torchwood202 [COMPLETE]
-Battleship Damaged, torchwood202 [COMPLETE]
-Blue Box/Steel Crate, JeKrillick and torchwood202 [COMPLETE]
-God-like man, greetingsfromoslo, torchwood202 [COMPLETE]
-Battleship at planet with weapon locks, torchwood202 [COMPLETE]
-No Sensors Rebel Ship, snarks [COMPLETE]
More non-quest events are needed!

v1.4 is Done! (BEING FIXED) [LATEST]
Snark's No Sensors Rebel Event Added

v1.2 is Done!
Additions: You find a space station near a planet, event by einarcf

v1.1!
It features:
  • Entertainment hub with a special puzzle (1 in 4 chance I think with the eventlist)
  • You find a derelict ship at the end of every sector except for nebulas
  • Battleship event where you take a weapon
  • Floating blue box in space

MORE NON-QUEST EVENTS ARE NEEDED!

If you would like to code in the other events, PM me or post here!

Intro
Everybody loves event mods now, so I'm creating a new event mod to bring all the event mods together into one "big" event mod so that there are no compatibility issues, and add new events and replace the text on some of the existing ones. Please reply with your thoughts and event ideas! Event ideas are needed now for v1.0! If you can, it would be great if the events were already put into code, but it's OK if its not, just type what you want. Also put in code for the best events from some other mods as well!

Download
Preferred 1.3
Alternate 1.3

Ideas!
Ideas are needed!
torchwood202(-inspired me to create this :D )
alextfish-I don't know how to do quest events that work, so I'm going to try and get someone who can implement it
Last edited by nataryeahbuddy on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:37 am, edited 25 times in total.
My most popular mod! Over 290 Downloads!
Advanced Weapons and Shields!
My second most popular mod! Over 240 Downloads!
Advanced Battle Systems!
An awesome ship with custom graphics and two new weapons!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
alextfish

Re: [WIP?] FTL TotalEventMod!

Postby alextfish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:00 pm

What I'd most like to see would be some multi-part quest events. Events spread across 3 or more beacons, like some of the unlock quests like the Rock ship unlock quest. The tricky part is finding a reward good enough to be worth pursuing a quest across 3 or 4 beacons, and finding a challenge that's got any challenge to it beyond the first time (so not just choosing from text options) but isn't just fighting exactly the same kind of ships you'd fight in normal encounters.

I'd like to see some options like:

* When you arrive at the destination for one of several quest events, you can investigate a space station and find a pointer to a powerful destination: a rumoured high-tech weapons cache or similar
* Or occasionally when you capture a ship intact you find records on their navigation log that they've been to such a place
* When you get to the target coordinates, there are several possible outcomes. There might be a tricky combat that you might want to bypass if you can, using advanced sensors or cloak or similar: a nasty AI ship (bigger than the auto-assault), a vicious missile-heavy Zoltan shield, that kind of thing. Defeating them you get some rewards plus the pointer to the last stage.
* At the last stage, one idea I had is that maybe you can give up a crew member for an awesome hoard of weapons, or offer up one weapon to receive two or three valuable augments, or give up a drone or augment to get multiple useful crew (say, your choice of 2 Crystal 1 Mantis or 2 Zoltan 1 Engi 1 Slug).
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
nataryeahbuddy

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 pm

alextfish wrote:What I'd most like to see would be some multi-part quest events. Events spread across 3 or more beacons, like some of the unlock quests like the Rock ship unlock quest. The tricky part is finding a reward good enough to be worth pursuing a quest across 3 or 4 beacons, and finding a challenge that's got any challenge to it beyond the first time (so not just choosing from text options) but isn't just fighting exactly the same kind of ships you'd fight in normal encounters.

I'd like to see some options like:

* When you arrive at the destination for one of several quest events, you can investigate a space station and find a pointer to a powerful destination: a rumoured high-tech weapons cache or similar
* Or occasionally when you capture a ship intact you find records on their navigation log that they've been to such a place
* When you get to the target coordinates, there are several possible outcomes. There might be a tricky combat that you might want to bypass if you can, using advanced sensors or cloak or similar: a nasty AI ship (bigger than the auto-assault), a vicious missile-heavy Zoltan shield, that kind of thing. Defeating them you get some rewards plus the pointer to the last stage.
* At the last stage, one idea I had is that maybe you can give up a crew member for an awesome hoard of weapons, or offer up one weapon to receive two or three valuable augments, or give up a drone or augment to get multiple useful crew (say, your choice of 2 Crystal 1 Mantis or 2 Zoltan 1 Engi 1 Slug).

I don't know how to make quest events yet, but I can make it like the crystal quest (you have to find statis pod at distress, then find zoltan research at an unmarked beacon, then ancient device.)
Advanced Battle Systems!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:40 pm

EVENT IDEA
(Choices for each option are different. Ex. You choose option 1, you can get either choice 1a or choice 1b or etc...)

As you FTL to the beacon, your vision immediately blinded by a bright light white. After a few moment, you realize that it isn't just a white light, but blue...red....and.... A LOT of lights indicate a "Entertainment" Hub. One of your crew exclaims sayings of this specific hub being famous and begs you to check it out. He's not very specific on why its famous.

1. Check out the Hub and pay entrance fee. (-35 Scrap)
2. Leave, your on a mission. Theres not a moment to waste. (Leave)

1a. *Hic* Oh my *Hic* That was *Hic* some party. What was that girl's *Hic* name again? Samantha? *Hic* Mary? (Leave)

1b. As you move in to dock, your scanners indicate boarders! Your crewmate tricked you into a trap! (Lose a crew member, 2-3 enemy boarders)

1c. After a considerable good time in the hub, one of the servants there hears your travels and wishes to join you! (Gain a crew member)

1d. As you climb back onto your ship and count roll call, you realize a crew member is missing. You go back into the hub and find you crew member playing the slot machine. Turns out, he won big time! (Medium Scrap)

(Special Puzzle)
1e. Things were going great in the hub until you notice that a fight broke out. A lot of people are getting into it. What do you do?

131. Get out of there (Leave)

1e2. Have your Rockman stop the fight (Blue option)
Your Rockman, being the only Rockman here, quickly uses his bulk a presence to stop the fight. After things settle down, a man comes up to you and tosses you a bag of scrap. You try to ask him why, but he hurries off. You feel as though the fight was his fault in the first place. (Medium Scrap)

1e3. Have your Engi kill the lights (Blue Option)
Your Engi remotely blinks out the lights. You hear sounds of confusion as you run out of there. In the confusion, you lost a crew member! Its to dangerous to go back. (Lose a crew member)

1e4. Have your Zoltan establish peace (Blue Option)
Your Zoltan begins to give a great speech on Galactic law 2,3306,360 when he is interrupted by a punch in the face.
Suddenly, dozens of Zoltan officials materialize in front of the fight. They quickly sort it out and after some questioning, they release you and your crew. You check your watch and realize you were in there for too long! (+2 Rebel movement)

1e5. Have your slug mind control the strongest-looking fighter in the crowd. (Blue option)
Your slug mind controls a extremely burly looking Rockman and he immediately goes into battle. You use this to your advantage and make bets with those who are watching the fight. Turns out, the Rockman won, and you leave with pockets a little heavier. (High Scrap)
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:52 pm

As you FTL into the next beacon, you notice a Battleship-size vessel. The ship looks to have won a fight with heavy damages, and dozens of repair drones orbit around it. There is a weapon that appears to have drifted off the construction site. The ship appears to have not noticed you yet. What do you do?

1. Take the weapon.
2. Leave, its too risky.
3. Have your Engi hack into the repair drones (Blue option)
4. Use your cloaking to take the weapon (Blue option)

1a. You get the weapon and attach it onto your ship, all without the Battleship noticing. You'll doubt they'll miss it. (Random weapon)

1b. You move towards the weapon, but you detect the battleship's weapons activating. You casually drift past and wait for the FTL drive to charge. (Nothing happens)

1c. You move towards the weapon. Suddenly, the Battleship fires a few shots at you! You take some damage, but you get out in time. (Take low-medium hull damage)

2. Your better then the rebels. Stealing is wrong, you think as you wait for the FTL drive to charge. (Leave)

3. Your Engi successfully hacks into the repair drones. Suddenly, the drones tear apart the ship into scrap. You feel a bit bad for the crew, as you collect the scrap and the weapon. (Random weapon and medium-high scrap)

4. You successfully steal and equip the weapon with your stealth. (Random weapon)
nataryeahbuddy

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'm working on it! :D
Advanced Battle Systems!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:01 pm

I will not post any more events until some other people post ideas. I dont want to hog it all!
JeKrillick

Postby JeKrillick » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:49 am

As your FTL powers down you bump into something, as you pass around, you see what appears to be a blue box! A strange looking engi declares himself as a Doctor who appears to be travelling with a cute human girl. How odd. Anyways you invite them to join your crew.

-Get engi (name doctor), and human female (random name)
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:11 am

When you arrive onto the beacon, you notice a steel crate just floating in space. It looks air-tight. What do you do?

1. Bring it aboard and crack it open
2. Leave it. (Leave)
3. Have your slug crew member search for life in the crate (Blue option)

1a. You manage to crack open the crate, just as 2 pirates jump out! (Two enemy boarders)
1b. You manage to crack open the crate, and you find a weapon! (Random weapon)
1c. You manage to crack open the crate, and you find some scrap! (Low-medium scrap)

3a. Your slug crew member detects no life aboard the crate. You bring it aboard and find some scrap! (Medium scrap)
3b.Your slug crew member detects two life forms aboard the crate, armed. Its best to leave them alone. (Leave)
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:13 am

Hey Natar, can you make custom weapons and augmentations? Maybe some events could use those if you can :D