[MOD] Better Planets and Backgrounds 1.3.2

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
KoolTheKid

Re: [MOD] Better Planets and Backgrounds 1.0

Postby KoolTheKid » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:10 pm

sanmonku wrote:thanks.
and download is authorized :geek:

Can you do me a HUGE favor and make a mod were only the planet textures were replaced? Thanks!
Claymore64

Re: [MOD] Better Planets and Backgrounds 1.3.1

Postby Claymore64 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:56 am

I cant seem to get the mod to work in the mod manager. because when i download it it doesn't come up as a .ftl file
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:18 am

Claymore64 wrote:I cant seem to get the mod to work in the mod manager. because when i download it it doesn't come up as a .ftl file
Just rename the file to a .ftl file then. .ftl files are all just renamed .zip files. ;)

You can also go into the modman.cfg file in slipstream and set allow_zip to true.

EDIT:
sanmonku wrote:its an 7zip archive that contains the ftl file and a readme... you have to extract it with winrar or 7zip or whatever you use... you can't just rename it to .ftl
Sorry, I thought it was one of those cases where the mod was in .zip format and you had to rename it. I forgot that you put the .ftl file inside a 7zip file. :roll:
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanmonku

Postby sanmonku » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 am

its an 7zip archive that contains the ftl file and a readme... you have to extract it with winrar or 7zip or whatever you use... you can't just rename it to .ftl
19acomst

Postby 19acomst » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:04 am

why does the mod ned captains edition to work? whenever i install bpab it uses the ce station loading bar and non-textured ce weapons
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:23 am

19acomst wrote:why does the mod ned captains edition to work? whenever i install bpab it uses the ce station loading bar and non-textured ce weapons

You did just patch in the Better Planets and Backgrounds mod, right? There's another, similar mod that only works with Captain's Edition, titled "BPaB CE Compatibility Mod" or something like that. The plain old Version 1.3.1 I have works fine with vanilla.
19acomst

Postby 19acomst » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:49 pm

SgtFrog wrote:
19acomst wrote:why does the mod ned captains edition to work? whenever i install bpab it uses the ce station loading bar and non-textured ce weapons

You did just patch in the Better Planets and Backgrounds mod, right? There's another, similar mod that only works with Captain's Edition, titled "BPaB CE Compatibility Mod" or something like that. The plain old Version 1.3.1 I have works fine with vanilla.

yep i just have bpab patched and it still has broken ce elements
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:32 am

19acomst wrote:
SgtFrog wrote:

yep i just have bpab patched and it still has broken ce elements

Hmmm...and it's the newest version of BPaB? Because the Randtrel didn't work for me right because I had an old version.
MrSmite

Re: [MOD] Better Planets and Backgrounds 1.0

Postby MrSmite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:56 am

KoolTheKid wrote:Can you do me a HUGE favor and make a mod were only the planet textures were replaced? Thanks!

Came here to make the same request when I saw yours. I know your request is fairly old but I thought I'd put it out there again: Please make a planets only version of this mod. I love the planets, backgrounds are a bit too busy when you're tired ;)

Thanks!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:57 am

MrSmite wrote:
KoolTheKid wrote:Can you do me a HUGE favor and make a mod were only the planet textures were replaced? Thanks!

Came here to make the same request when I saw yours. I know your request is fairly old but I thought I'd put it out there again: Please make a planets only version of this mod. I love the planets, backgrounds are a bit too busy when you're tired ;)

Thanks!

You can do this yourself! Depending on your tools and experience (I'm sure winzip can do this but I don't use it), simply open the .ftl file, delete everything you don't want, pack it back up (if necessary) and mod it in.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."