[MOD] Better Planets and Backgrounds 1.3.2

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
WhiteWeasel

Re: [MOD] Better Planets and Backgrounds 1.3.1

Postby WhiteWeasel » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Hey guys, ever heard of spacescape? It's a nice nebula builder that people use to make custom sky boxes. I'm sure you can take a screen shot of the ones you make and use them as backgrounds.

Here is a screene of a nebula I made (remember the forum cuts off the picture, see it at full size!):
Derpity38

Postby Derpity38 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Could someone help me?
Every time I try to download this mod, which looks absolutely amazing, using the mirror site in the desc, I keep gettin' the wrong type of download. It's .7z, or something like that.
It's supposed to be a .ftl file, right?
I'm probably some really stupid person who doesn't know any of this (which I am), so if I could get any help, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, in advance. Hopefully.
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:05 am

Derpity38 wrote:Could someone help me?
Every time I try to download this mod, which looks absolutely amazing, using the mirror site in the desc, I keep gettin' the wrong type of download. It's .7z, or something like that.
It's supposed to be a .ftl file, right?
I'm probably some really stupid person who doesn't know any of this (which I am), so if I could get any help, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, in advance. Hopefully.

Did you open it? It has an .ftl file inside goober. :lol:
isthistaken

Postby isthistaken » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:15 am

sorry i dont know much about computers but the file type is .7z not .ftl. You said to drop the .ftl file into the mods folder. How do you make it an ftl file?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:29 am

Change the extension to .ftl
Adamski

Postby Adamski » Thu May 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello

Just like to say that I'm really enjoying all the mods and they all work fine for me. One small issue I have (hardly an "issue") is that I now no longer get the BPaB menu screen background and instead get the standard CE background with all the little drone ships and text at the top. Not a big issue at all but I really liked the BPaB menu background and was wondering if I'm doing something wrong to not get it any more or if it was intentional to not have it.

P.S- When I install BPaB on its own I do get the nice background, but as soon as CE is installed it is gone. I have also checked my mods have been installed in the correct order with the compatibility patch. I use BPaB 1.2.1 but have tried 1.3.1 as well.

Thanks
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri May 29, 2015 2:21 am

That is intended. CE has to be installed later than BPaB to work properly. CE also has its own custom menu screen, and the last mod installed takes effect above all other mods. So since CE is installed later than BPaB, its custom menu screen is used.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 29, 2015 10:05 am

You can modify the CE resource pack to no longer overwrite the BPaB menu screen: unpack the CE resource pack, delete main_base2.png in img/main_menus, zip the resource pack folders again and rename to .ftl. Using this modified resource pack will no longer overwrite the BPaB background.
Adamski

Postby Adamski » Fri May 29, 2015 10:19 am

Thanks for the quick response, I will do that now.

Thanks again for being so helpful ;)
TheDiamondZoltan

Postby TheDiamondZoltan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:29 pm

It doesn't seem to work after I patch the mod in. Does it not work for AE? I'm on Windows 8 and Steam with Slipstream installed.

Edit: Never mind, forgot to unzip it. Beautiful backgrounds!