[MOD] Starcraft Conversion v0.5: 18 new ships!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
xenitro

Re: [MOD] Starcraft Conversion v0.5: 18 new ships!

Postby xenitro » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:17 am

Thanks for the quick fixes =) I ll let you know when I encounter more bugs.
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Posted a minor update. The changes I think are all graphical. I fixed the cloak images: now when a Starcraft ship cloaks, you should get a nice blue wireframe like with normal FTL ships, and not a big black box.

As far as I know the only place you should ever see black boxes left with this mod is on the highscore screen for the Type B ships. That'll be an easy fix, but I've not done it yet.

However, I did create a flashy title screen, just for the lolz :P

You can get these changes by redownloading the ships mod, from the same place as before: http://www.toothycat.net/~hologram/FTL/SC2Ships.ftl

(If you're using the High-Res Backgrounds mod, which I recommend, then you'll need to put SC2Ships later in modorder.txt in order to get the Starcrafty title screen.)
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
MrHoody

Postby MrHoody » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Hello alextfish, great work on your mod :D however there seems to be an issue with the Overlord's medbay.
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:44 pm

How very strange. That certainly didn't happen for me.

Just to check, can you rerun GMM and make sure that SC2Ships (and SC2UI if you want) are the only mods installed, with no others? And see if this still happens?

I'm away from home visiting family for Christmas at the moment, so I can't check this out myself. I'll look at it when I return on the 30th.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
xenitro

Postby xenitro » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:44 am

battle cruiser : room to the south of the piloting room. the door that leads to he long corridor, cant be opened or closed by clicking on it. and can only be opened or closed using the all doors open. all doors closed?
Please check if its me or everyone. thanks
MrHoody

Postby MrHoody » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:14 am

Yes, the problem still shows even though it's the only mod installed.
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks for both bug reports. The Overlord medbay and the Battlecruiser odd door behaviour are both now fixed. Redownload SC2Ships from the same place as always:

http://www.toothycat.net/~hologram/FTL/SC2Ships.ftl

And just a note for anyone who's not reinstalled mods since the update: be sure to follow the instructions over here.
Zimplizity

Postby Zimplizity » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:00 pm

To be honest:
I dont really think those ships fit in the clean FTL - style.
It's great getting the Starcraft ships in FTL, no doubt, but it would be better (in my opinion ;) ), if you would "design" them in the FTL clean pixel style ;).

Despite that:
Good Work :)
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Zimplizity wrote:To be honest:
I dont really think those ships fit in the clean FTL - style.
It's great getting the Starcraft ships in FTL, no doubt, but it would be better (in my opinion ;) ), if you would "design" them in the FTL clean pixel style ;)
Hahaha. Yes, if I had the time and l33t art skillz to redraw Starcraft ships in the pixel-art style of FTL, it would be at least ten times more awesome. However, I am most definitely not in possession of either that much time nor that much art skill. I have to make do with what I have, which is the SC2 Map Editor and a moderate amount of GIMP skill.

Hope you enjoy playing the ships. I'd love it if you (or anyone else) could tell me which ships you've particularly enjoyed or which ones seem too hard or too easy.
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:30 am

alextfish wrote:Hope you enjoy playing the ships. I'd love it if you (or anyone else) could tell me which ships you've particularly enjoyed or which ones seem too hard or too easy.

Having a Crystal crewmember and a teleporter is one of my favorite things, drone spamming is another so I absolutely love the Carrier! The Void Ray, Battlecruiser, and Broodlord are also very fun. I'm certain I would love the Overseer ALOT with its six person teleporter but my highest sector with that ship (and the Broodlord for that matter) is sector 2. :lol: No one else has complained about it though so I guess I just suck with defenseless ships. :P
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee