[SHIP] Ebon Hawk

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dalolorn

Re: [SHIP] Ebon Hawk

Postby dalolorn » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Darklotso wrote:
dalolorn wrote:Multiple things I'd like to mention.

1. Meetra Surik, where did you dig that out? The Exile from KOTOR2 has no official name, it's chosen by the player!

2. Dynamic-class? :?

3. Your layout is wrong. Try playing KOTOR a bit more to correct it.

1. Meetra Surik was the name given to the Exile in the book; Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan.
2. Dynamic-class is the class of ship the Ebon Hawk is. It wasn't mentioned in either Kotor 1 or 2, but it was mentioned in the game files I believe, as well as other places.

1. But the person who wrote that book probably named the character after their own character. So even if my statement in the other post was wrong and the wiki article references the book, the book itself is referencing the name chosen by the player.

2. Wouldn't know about that. As I said above, I was just confused.
Darklotso

Postby Darklotso » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:50 am

dalolorn wrote:
Darklotso wrote:

1. Meetra Surik, where did you dig that out? The Exile from KOTOR2 has no official name, it's chosen by the player!

1. Meetra Surik was the name given to the Exile in the book; Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan.
2. Dynamic-class is the class of ship the Ebon Hawk is. It wasn't mentioned in either Kotor 1 or 2, but it was mentioned in the game files I believe, as well as other places.

1. But the person who wrote that book probably named the character after their own character. So even if my statement in the other post was wrong and the wiki article references the book, the book itself is referencing the name chosen by the player.

1. That Author is Drew Karpyshyn, who is known for being one of the writers on Kotor 1, Mass Effect, Baulders Gate, Star Wars: The Old Republic etc... He also is famously known as the author of the Darth Bane series of Star Wars books, probably one of the most famous Star Wars series of books.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a Star Wars lore nerd.
youraveragecommenter

Postby youraveragecommenter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:55 am

alextfish wrote:You can easily obtain the .xml file from the .ftl file:

* Rename the .ftl file to end with .zip
* Unzip the zip archive
* Rename the "blueprints.xml.append" file (in the data directory) so it ends with .xml
* Tada! You can open it with Ship Editor.

Thank you, im very noobie to this . I appreciate your help. :D
zacen299

Postby zacen299 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:30 pm

dalolorn wrote:
Darklotso wrote:

Meetra Surik is also her name in TOR as well. She's female as far as canon is concerned and her name is Meetra Surik and it will remain that way. Seriously it was one of the main extended universe writers that did it.
Tenfinnvo

Postby Tenfinnvo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:17 am

dalolorn wrote:
1. Hardly an official name. It's likely that the guy who edited the wiki filled in with the name of their character. Wiki editors do that a lot when they can. Let's not forget that you don't have to be female or to be called Meetra Surik when playing KOTOR2.

Meetra Surik is a female story character in Star Wars: The Old Republic. If that doesn't make this name and gender official, I do not know what does.
krail

Postby krail » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm sorely tempted to remove the description altogether after all the fuss it's caused!

youraveragecommenter wrote:This is great, This is my second favorite ship from star wars. Just to ask though, do you think you could add more detail to it because it looks kinda bland, but its no big deal. Thank you for making this though, you are awesome. :mrgreen:

Honestly, I'm not much of an artist. I simply tried to match the style of FTL as much as possible.

I have a few ideas for how to make it more detailed, but we'll have to see how that turns out :U
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMViAuSP ... e=youtu.be
I made a lets play using this ship mod, thanks for making it, and I thought you'd like to see someone enjoy the ship.
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Ebithril

Postby Ebithril » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:54 pm

I have tested this and I instantly got a couple of things that seemed a bit of.
But first of I'd like to commend you for getting this far with a wonderful art asset for the ship itself.

Tough constructive critizism:
There are only 3 airlocks in the ship total, and 2 of those are possitioned in the furthest back - so smothering a fire back there is somewhat easy. But gl, trying to do the same for, let's say, your weapons room.
I know many will be butt-hurt and complain that if you have an extra airlock somewhere that it would be all to lorebreaking - just think of the airlock as an opening in the airducts. :)

Secondly, the outline of the rooms feel off - and I understand it's hard to get right with the limited avaiable of costumizatino that can be done. But I am personaly trynig with ship editor and I think I may have a better alternative, if only my ship editor would work properly so I could show my idea...

Thirdly, the general placement of the rooms is something that could be improved I think.
The weapons room could be added to the original placement of the staircase which led to the gun-turrets on the Ebon Hawk.
And having the cloacking device installed at the enterance ramp? Come on! :P

Perhaps increasing the size of the Ebon hawk kan increasse the possebilitis to move things around? Jsut for the visual improvment. :)

And a small bugbear - there is 1 to much starting power I feel. Since you can power everything from the get go. Decreasing it by 1 so you atleast have to pendle between having medbay up or not to power weapon/shields. :)

And lastly, and this may just be a personal prefference - but I feelt the starting weapons was verily lackluster for the Ebon hawk.
First of, you start of with a pretty good amonut of missiles when you don't need them unless you aquire a missile launcher. Isntead remove some of the missiles and add more drone parts.
I love the idea of the ion drone, and would love to see a mark 2 - and perhaps their own art-assets in future patches. But I must also say I find it odd for the Ebon hawk to be starting with drones.
And if we were to compare the ebon hawk to the Red Tail, which I personaly find to be similar to the Ebon hawk in how I imagine that they would engage space battles - the Red Tail have 4 lasers which does a totalt of 4 dmg. Compared to the ebon hawk which does 3 (1 dmg being only Ion).

Now msot things can probably be worked out with the FTL ship editor, as soon as I can get it to work - but I would jsut liek to state my personal opinion on this mod. :)
marted

Postby marted » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:03 pm

dalolorn wrote:
Tenfinnvo wrote:

1) "Meetra Surik, also known as the Jedi Exile after the Mandalorian Wars, was a Human female Jedi Master. As a Padawan, she chose to disobey the orders of the Jedi High Council and aid the Galactic Republic in its war against the invading Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders." Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Meetra_Surik
That is, essentially, the protagonist of KotOR II. As you can see, she has an official name. Read the source for more information.

2) I have nothing to say on this matter, but i believe that means that it is not a huge cargo ship, but a small and fast fighter.

3) The exact layout as it is in KotOR would be bad for FTL gameplay. Imagine having a fire and the only airlock is at the entrance. The layout as it is makes me remember the original one pretty much, so i am happy this way.

1. Hardly an official name. It's likely that the guy who edited the wiki filled in with the name of their character. Wiki editors do that a lot when they can. Let's not forget that you don't have to be female or to be called Meetra Surik when playing KOTOR2.

2. It's a small cargo ship. And I was actually confused because I didn't hear that name ever before.

3. I don't mind the extra airlocks, but the very SHAPE of the layout is wrong. ALL of it.

"1. Meetra Surik was the name given to the Exile in the book; Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan." -darklotso
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:15 pm

dalolorn wrote:
Tenfinnvo wrote:

1) "Meetra Surik, also known as the Jedi Exile after the Mandalorian Wars, was a Human female Jedi Master. As a Padawan, she chose to disobey the orders of the Jedi High Council and aid the Galactic Republic in its war against the invading Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders." Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Meetra_Surik
That is, essentially, the protagonist of KotOR II. As you can see, she has an official name. Read the source for more information.

2) I have nothing to say on this matter, but i believe that means that it is not a huge cargo ship, but a small and fast fighter.

3) The exact layout as it is in KotOR would be bad for FTL gameplay. Imagine having a fire and the only airlock is at the entrance. The layout as it is makes me remember the original one pretty much, so i am happy this way.

2. It's a small cargo ship. And I was actually confused because I didn't hear that name ever before.

3. I don't mind the extra airlocks, but the very SHAPE of the layout is wrong. ALL of it.

To Item Number 1: I looked at that entire article, and yeah, it looks like a made up name. But, a lot of comments say it's from a Star Wars book. However, I would like to point at that they show "Meetra Surik's "ghost later on in the article, but I'm 99.99% sure that it's Miko from SWTOR, the BH storyline, over a Holocom.