[SHIPS] Exalted Rock Cruisers

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
porcu93

[SHIPS] Exalted Rock Cruisers

Postby porcu93 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:01 pm

WARNING: THIS SHIP PACK REQUIRES HYPERSPACE TO FUNCTION.
I'm also 90% sure this mod is not compatible with Multiverse, so don't blame me if stuff broke on your save or something.

Have you ever wondered what would have happened if the Rock had a boom in their technological progress? Sounds silly, because I don't know how to explain why I decided to make a ship pack with 6 Rock ships equipped with better Rock Plating and new (and probably very strong) missile weaponry. Don't worry, even though you can find them in stores or get them via events, enemy ships will not use them.
NEW: starting from V 3.0: other than the new 3 ships, the pack comes with 2 vanilla bugfixes, a new expanded store that will replace the vanilla one, all ships can install Temporal Manipulator, have a higher reactor cap with lowered scrap prices, a system cap of 10 and my Artillery Enabler and Clonebay Gas Remover mods incorporated. It will also revert the Hyperspace hacking fix, so now in this pack you can power down hacking while it's mid-space without making it explode.
Before talking about each ship, here's the weaponry I've made for this pack, in alphabetical order:

Artemis Flak Missiles
Power required: 3
Cost: 90
Rarity: 4
Attack: 4 missiles fired at once in a radius of 70, each missile deals 2 damage, 10% fire chance, 10% breach chance, 10% stun chance.
Cooldown: 18 seconds.
Requires 2 missiles.
Trivia: the projectile is a smaller version of the one fired by the actual Artemis Missiles, while the launcher itself uses the Swarm Missiles as the base launcher, but with the charging animation modified to have one extra charging light and the charge lights removed.

Burst Missiles Mark II
Power required: 2
Cost: 80
Attack: 3 missiles, each deals 1 damage, 10% fire chance, 10% breach chance.
Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: this is basically a Burst Laser Mark II in missile form, and was the first weapon I've coded for this pack. From version 2.0, the missile has a similar colour of the laser shot by the Burst Laser Mark II.

Enhanced Artemis Missiles
Power required: 1
Cost: 45
Rarity: 3
Attack: 2 damage missile, 10% fire chance, 10% breach chance, 10% stun chance.
Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: because there are 2 versions of the Artemis Missiles in the game, I simply took the best from both: the 1 power requirement from the player's variant plus the 10 seconds cooldown from the enemy's variant.

Enhanced Fire Bomb
Cost: 60
Attack: 1 bomb, deals no damage whatsoever but will always start a fire.
Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: I've always thought that the Fire Bomb could be dangerous when boarding, even with Rock crew, as it deals crew damage, so I've removed that damage. And because the crew damage has been removed, the power and cooldown have been decreased.

FireFlak Missiles
Cost: 75
Attack: 5 missiles fired at once in a radius of 70, each missile deals 1 damage, no crew damage, always starts a fire.
Cooldown: 13 seconds.
Requires 2 missiles.
Trivia: this is the first time I make a flak weapon from scratch, it took me a little bit to get the stuff properly done, but thankfully the vanilla blueprint of the Swarm Missile had exactly what I needed: spin set to 0 and speed set to 45.

Fire Leto Missiles
Cost: 40
Rarity: 2
Attack: 1 system damage missile, always starts a fire.
Cooldown: 9 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: because this Leto Missiles variant deals no hull damage, it will also bypass Zoltan shields, so you can work on burning down the ship while you work on removing the Zoltan shield layers.

Hull-Breaching Missiles
Cost: 70
Attack: 4 damage missile, always breaches.
Cooldown: 16 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: the missile is dark grey with those red bits bigger to indicate that it's a different and more devastating missile, with the missile launcher also being darker and with those red bits in the centre.

Ion Leto Missiles
Cost: 50
Attack: 1 damage and 1 ion damage missile, 1 ion damage to the shields when pierced, 10% fire chance, 10% breach chance, 10% stun chance.
Cooldown: 9 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: this is the first time I see how a shield piercing ion weapon works, so I've learned that the ion damage (also the system damage and stun chance if present) to the shield will be always dealt if the shields get pierced.

Stun-Lock-Breach Bomb
Cost: 45
Attack: 2 system damage, 2 crew damage and 1 ion damage bomb, always breaches, stuns everything in the room for 10 seconds and locks the room.
Cooldown: 11 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: this is more or less a combination of the Stun Bomb, the Lock-down Bomb and the Breach Bomb I, and it's the main weapon to crew kill with the third ship in this pack.

NEW WEAPONS INTRODUCED IN V 3.0:

Breach Leto Missiles
Cost: 40
Attack: 1 damage missile, always breaches.
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: after a Fire and an Ion Leto missiles, I've also added a Breach Leto missiles. I could have done also a Hull Leto, but it wouldn't be that much useful when there are other missile weapons in this pack.

Chain Bomb
Cost: 55
Attack: 2 system damage, 2 crew damage bomb, 10% fire chance.
Cooldown: 12/10/8/6 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: have you ever noticed that in the base game there's no Chain Bomb? Well, the original version of this weapon should have had the damage dealt increased the more it fires, but the priority on damage increased is hull->ion->crew->system, so the bomb would have dealt additional crew damage but no additional system damage. The version on the mod is a quickly thought alternative.

Charge Pegasus Missiles
Cost: 75
Attack: 1-2 missiles, dealing 2 damage each, 30% fire chance, 20% breach chance, 10% stun chance.
Cooldown: 10 seconds per charge.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: did you notice how there are only two missile weapon chassis in the base game? In this pack I tried to give every missile weapon I've added its own specific look, unless it's an improvement or edit of the original weapon.

Cloaked Artemis Missiles
Cost: 60
Attack: 2 damage missile, 10% fire chance, 10% breach chance, 10% stun chance, level 1 defensive drones can't target it.
Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: I could have made this weapon 2 ways: one way is what I did, the other is to set the weapon's type as LASER, but it felt counter-intuitive doing so.

Heavy Ion Missiles
Cost: 70
Attack: 1 damage and 2 ion damage missile, 2 ion damage to the shields when pierced, 20% breach chance, 30% stun chance.
Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: the original version of this weapon dealt system damage instead of hull damage, but the system damage would have been dealt to the shields even when the missile passed through them.

Hullbuster Missiles
Cost: 85
Attack: 3 damage missile, 30% breach chance, double damage in systemless rooms.
Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.

And with them taken care of, let's talk about the ships. All six ships have their own quirk, they all have an improved Rock Plating that can negate hull damage 50% of the time and system damage 10% of the time, which is infused into the whole hull and floor (just an excuse to say it's an hidden augment). All the ships also have an Improved Explosive Replicator with the chance to not use missiles set to 80%, which is also an hidden augment. And to make sure that your missiles need won't be a problem, each ship will start with 150 missiles, have fun with them. All six ships also have their own themed Artillery, feel free to try them.

This ship is what I imagine the Kestrel if the Rock were to remake it as one of their Rock Cruiser, at least for the hull colouring. I know what you're going to say: "Why did you give the ship only one power in Engines?". And the answer is simple: because it has 6 power in Weapons, and the damage will be negated by the Exalted Rock Plating even more frequently. This is also the strongest ship in terms of starting loadout. And in case you wish to fire even more high damaging missiles at the cost of a system slot, our Rock scientists (really?) developed a new weapon: the Hermes' Pegasus Artillery Missiles. You can easily guess what it does based on the name.

This is your obvious fire boarding 4-crew Teleport 4-crew Medbay Rock Cruiser at your service, with weaponry that will always start a fire plus something that can deal with auto-ships, if needed. You have enough power for all systems excluding the Medbay or the FireFlak Missiles depending on what you're facing. The ship also has level 2 Piloting to have the rare chance of a dodge when you're boarding and a level 2 Sensors to not waste time when looking where the enemy crew is. The extra money gained will be useful if you need to change loadout to kill the Flagship. Information shared between the Rockmen and the Federation gave this ship the ability to install this modified version of the Osprey's Artillery Beam: the Hephaestus' Spear Artillery Beam is a beam weapon that ignores all shields layers, will start a fire in every tile it passes through and will also deal 2 system damage, perfect for the boarding party you start with.
And yes, this ship is 100% a reference to the BMW M3 GTR from "Need For Speed: Most Wanted" from 2005 for the ship's name (look at the escape after beating Razor) and the hull's paint job (change the red into blue and the black into grey).

No, I didn't take the Rock C and added the lines from the Rock A, I got to this colour by myself by looking at the colour on the Crystal A. And speaking of Crystal: you start with a Crystal as one of your crew plus a special Crystal bomb (available in all shops). This ship takes the concept of crew killing and applies it by using only weapons to do so. If you take a look at the weapons you can see that the Multi-Ion Leto is to disable and damage systems (and hull), the bomb is for crew killing and the Artemis Flak is to kill the auto-ships (also the Flagship because it's a very powerful weapon). You can only power two of them at a time, but the ship has enough starting power to turn on any weapon combination and every system but Medbay. Given that the Artemis Flak is quite OP, the ship doesn't have Doors, but at least it comes with two and a half Fire Suppression augments combined into one single augment slot that you could sell if you no longer need it. Also, given that part of the hull is made of Crystal shards, there is a 10% chance for a chunk to be removed and flying into the enemy to damage it (yup, the third hidden augment is a Crystal Vengeance). Because the bomb the ship starts with is made to lock rooms, the missile launcher developed for this ship's Artillery system is something you may like: 3 missiles, each dealing 1 damage and locking the room they'll hit. With enough power through the system it will be even faster than the Flagship's Artillery Missiles launcher.
Also, this ship has nothing to do with a certain global pandemic.

A Rock ship that is based around some mechanic from the update given by Advanced Edition, at least for the weapons (and artillery) it is equipped with, which are a Pegasus missile that has been modified to become a charge weapon and a Bomb weapon that charges faster the more it fires, with an Artillery weapon based on the normal Pegasus missile weapon but it will fire faster the more it fires. Other than that, it is a straightforward ship, with nothing much about it.

What would happen if some Engis decided to take a Rock ship and change it into a Stealth ship? This would be the result: a missile based Rock ship with its improved Rock Armour, no shields pre-installed, drones to help with part of the defences and a Cloaking system in case you need to dodge some incoming lasers. The missiles it comes equipped with are also special, with one being an Artemis missile that only Defense II drones can detect, a missiles that can deal 2 ion damage and a system damage and the Artillery weapon that takes the best of these two weapons and combines it into a deadly missile artillery.

A ship that tries to have the best of both the Shivan and the Bulwark, with somewhat mixed results, as it has a decent venting layout, but with the weapons the route taken is a "breaches and hullbusting" setup, in which the artillery weapon is also included, instead of the fire starting strategy done already (even in this pack). You might not even care about the breaches caused because you might end up killing every enemy too fast, but the option is there.

People who played the ships:
Rand118
- v 1.1 Rock B Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En-fKatDsUk
- v 2.1 Rock A Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKtA3wt9evw
- v 2.1 Rock C Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miPf0fAbxtI
- v 3.0 Rock D Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2SFM2yB0T4
- v 3.0 Rock E Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NfnCOGwUq4
- v 3.0 Rock F Hard Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj9H4ywHm74

This time there are no system changes at all, just plain "adding ships and weapons usable only by the player" thing. So here's the download, enjoy ^_^
v 3.1.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12i_fi9w4FYVoBx4qkuw1I5qgzgYl_XB6/view?usp=share_link

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v 3.1.1: added a missing blue option for the Temporal Manipulator on the Stasis Pod event if you use the Rock Plating blue option.

v 3.1: lots changes to the pack:
- removed shield image duplicates;
- removed parts of code no longer needed;
- reordered and commented the XML code to be more readable for others;
- rewritten blue options that use the new weapons to not show duplicate options for the same end result;
- minor grammar fixes and text changes;
- all ships are now aligned to be in the same place;
- changed the ship cloaking images a little bit to be more "glow-y";
- changed the store to show all weapons 80% of the time and my modded weapons 20% of the time in all sectors.

v 3.0.2: Fixed the Rock F artillery's tooltip.

v 3.0.1: Minor text fixes.

v 3.0: MASSIVE EXPANSION UPDATE:
- added 3 new ships, each ship has its own cloaking image colour (based on the hull lights) and its own custom artillery weapon;
- added 6 new missile based weapons;
- minor sprite fixes to the already present weapon animations;
- removed redundant images;
- changed the cloaking image of the Rock B to be even more themed to what it is referencing;
- weapons from this mod can be used for some blue option related events;
- the reactor cap has been increased to 35, the scrap cost has been reduced;
- the system cap has been increased to 10;
- added the Temporal Manipulator as an installable system;
- incorporated the Artillery Enabler mod and Clonebay Gas Remover standalone mods;
- hacking will not explode when deactivated while it is travelling;
- added a new store, which replaces the vanilla one;
- Hull Missile is now usable for missiles related blue options (vanilla bug fix);
- Combat Beam II now uses the correct images when on and when firing (vanilla bug fix);
- included a much needed level 2 Clonebay blue option for Slug sectors (vanilla bug fix, probably).

v 2.1.2:
- removed the custom Artillery charge bar indicator in preparation for the upcoming Hyperspace release;
- fixed some typos plus some minor rewording in some places.

v 2.1.1: The doors on the Rock C will now connect the correct rooms.

v 2.1: Fixed some events related to the new weapons, as I've renamed them, code wise.

v 2.0: MAJOR UPDATE:
- renamed some stuff to the correct name: "Evolved" has been changed to "Exalted";
- minor changes to the Type A and B hulls and gibs;
- minor changes to the mini ships icons;
- minor balance to the weapons;
- redrawn most of the weapons and some of the missiles they fire;
- minor layout change to accommodate the Artillery system on all three ships, some room images have been changed;
- new addition: if you also download the "Artillery Enabler" mini-mod, each ship will have an optional installable artillery system, with the tooltips being generic and the indicator with colour coded markings depending on the ship;
- minor room image changes on all three ships;
- the mod will now show a short description on Slipstream Mod Manager.
The Rock-strel:
- new Artillery weapon: Hermes' Pegasus, a missile launcher that fires 2 missiles, each dealing 3 damage and either causing a fire or a breach.
The Hot Shot:
- new Artillery weapon: Hephaestus's Spear, a beam weapon that will deal 2 system damage, pierces all shields and always starts a fire, with its length being twice the vanilla Fire Beam's length.
The Lockdowner:
- completely new ship hull, gibs and cloaking images, as I felt the old ones weren't good enough or obvious it had Crystal elements;
- new Artillery weapon: Lockdown Burst Missile, a missile launcher that fires 3 missiles, each dealing 1 damage weapon, locks down rooms and may cause a breach.

v 1.1: Added a blue option for the quest to recover a certain ship intact with the Stun-Lock-Breach Bomb.

v 1.0: Initial release.
Last edited by porcu93 on Wed May 17, 2023 7:38 pm, edited 17 times in total.
porcu93

Re: [SHIPS] Exalted Rock and Extra Missiles

Postby porcu93 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:09 pm

v 1.1: now you can recover a certain ship intact with a new blue option given by the Stun-Lock-Breach Bomb.
porcu93

Re: [SHIPS] Exalted Rock Cruisers and Extra Missiles

Postby porcu93 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:42 am

v 2.0 update: contains improved sprites and optional (with a mod) artillery, more info in the changelog.
porcu93

Postby porcu93 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:46 pm

v 3.0 is now available to the public, I've finally found the time to update the post
porcu93

Postby porcu93 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:23 pm

v 3.0.1 is out, minor text fixes, like the other packs.