[MOD] Crystal Quest Tweak

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Zumbo Prime

Re: [MOD] Crystal Quest Tweak

Postby Zumbo Prime » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:52 am

I don't know why, but since I installed this mod I haven't gotten the pod event once.
Commander Bob

Postby Commander Bob » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Blargh this quest took me SO long! Thanks for the mod though, hoping it helped.

Kept either encountering the rock homeworlds too early, or one of the bits of the quest I needed but not the others, etc.

FINALLY got it all lined up perfectly, and then I didn't get the event I needed on the Rock Homeworlds! (Despite visiting every beacon and having the Crystal crew member). Almost went insane heh, I have 97 hours in this game now, most of them in this one damn quest.

No idea how you could do this without savescumming, tweaking the Turning the Tide mod to delay the fleet for more turns helped too.

I have a couple of tiny Batch Scripts which simply copy the .continue.sav file to a "Backup" folder, and restore it from there nice and quick, for anyone else trying this. Would recommend saving just before you jump into a new sector (so it changes the events each time if you don't get the type you need), backing that up, changing the file name, then saving mid-sector after that.

Here's the quick batch scripts, create your "Backup" folder in your FasterThanLight folder inside My games.

Backup FTL:

Code: Select all

COPY "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\My Games\FasterThanLight\Continue.sav" "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\My Games\FasterThanLight\Backup"

Restore FTL: (This will give a y/n confirmation if about to overwrite).

Code: Select all

COPY /-Y "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\My Games\FasterThanLight\Backup\Continue.sav" "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\My Games\FasterThanLight"
RetryAgain

Postby RetryAgain » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Wow. This actually makes the quest possible! Thank you!
Lieber

Postby Lieber » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Tired of getting the Statis Pod but never making it to the Rock homeworld. I'll download this in case I get lucky :)
Played 11 hours. Still haven't beaten the Flagship.
HausHFG

Postby HausHFG » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Still a bit complicated to obtain, never actually gotten the Crystal Cruiser with this, but I still keep it in case it actually helps any.
sixinthehood

Postby sixinthehood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Hey there, just wondering if installing and running both of the tweaks at the same time works. Trying to maximize my potential and I'm wondering if I'm actually killing it :lol:
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:22 am

Invalid XML

Crystal Quest (start boost).ftl and Crystal Quest.ftl
data/sector_data.xml.append
  • <sectorDescription>...</sectorDescrption>
AcetheGolden

Postby AcetheGolden » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Yeah, I'd love a combined version of the mod, just to get rid of some of this more-than-usually unfair quest chain :P
Antiheld

Postby Antiheld » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:01 pm

I already tried 5 times using the start boost but never got the pod in the engi controlled sector.
Then I went and tried it with save scumming and explored the engi controlled sector completely without finding the Pod!
What could be wrong with the mod?
Speculator

Postby Speculator » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:53 am

Hey,
I have installed the original tweak but how do I install the booster?
Thank you!