[MOD] diversityMod [V0.3]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
alextfish

Re: [MOD] diversityMod [V0.3]

Postby alextfish » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:28 pm

I also wanted to have the lovely new graphics of this mod without the balance changes. Knowing a little about the xml mod structure, I decided to just edit the mod to do that.

So behold: the diversityMod, restricted only to the cosmetic changes (lovely new graphics):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5utdwokozbg9 ... metics.ftl
I left in the possibility of buying one or two of the new weapons at shops, but restored all the cooldowns and other weapons properties to match vanilla FTL. The former Burst Laser III is renamed IV because there's a new Burst Laser III in-between II and the old III, which might be seen in shops or enemy ships.

liakad retains all credits and copyright on the original creation. I'm not taking any credit, just making half of his mod available for those of us who want that half without the other half.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
spacecadet13

Postby spacecadet13 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 am

Awesome! Great job!
human_dictionary

Postby human_dictionary » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:21 pm

here is the entirely cosmetic mod! *still has ion missiles*

although having the missiles at shops isnt very intrusive, having them on enemy ships is, and still quite annoying, so could you do an actual entirely cosmetic version please?

great work though! looks brilliant
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:11 pm

You're right, I should remove those too. Sorry about that. I don't have time to do it now, but this weekend or Monday are plausible.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
EdenNov

Postby EdenNov » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Could you also change the burst lasers back to normal (I mean the price change of Mk. II and the addition of a 4 shot burst laser)?
onebigdoor

Postby onebigdoor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:04 pm

would just like to plus 1 for pure cosmetic changes, and no additional weapons or tweaking. i love the added art. it's especially nice to be able to size up an enemy ship just by looking at the weapons.
onebigdoor

Postby onebigdoor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm

just went into the archive and deleted the 3 files in the data folder that weren't animations. seemed to do the trick!
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:58 pm

onebigdoor wrote:just went into the archive and deleted the 3 files in the data folder that weren't animations. seemed to do the trick!
That will work, but you'll also lose the new graphical distinction between Dual Lasers and Basic Laser, and between Heavy Laser 1 and 2, and possibly a couple of other pairs of weapons that look the same in vanilla FTL.

I'll make the properly completely cosmetic version within the next day or so, unless liakad gets there first of course.
EdenNov

Postby EdenNov » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Heavy laser 1 and 2 don't look the same.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Like has been said repeatedly here, I'd love an entirely cosmetic version of this mod. I'd have downloaded it a while ago if it wasn't for the fact that it introduces a bunch of new weapons and changes some of the existing ones.

Thanks for putting this together for us!
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...