[MOD][GMM] Pirates! V2.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dractactics

Re: [MOD][GMM] Pirates! V2.0

Postby dractactics » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:33 am

After playing tons of the main game (and losing a lot), I gave this mod a try, and I gotta say that I support you in everything you're doing with this mod. It's a lot of fun! It's got a different kind of difficulty than the main game. Having no shields on the main ship is a fun new challenge, one that i had to change my entire strategy over (Often I was teleporting my crew in, fighting the enemies and strategically luring them into certain rooms, then waiting to teleport them back to my ship, just as i then unleash the cannons on the room the enemies were left in, then sending the raiding party back in to finish them off). It's exciting, and feels like a swashbuckling way that space pirates would actually fight in the FTL universe.
I like that the stores emphasize you garnering more and more new crew, just to throw them into the fray (like I feel a real pirate ship would aim to do).

RichText, my one suggestion right now (aside from the obvious 'yay! good job! keep going! we want more and more pirate events and a full space pirate game!'), is to maybe include a crew teleporter in the starting ship. You could keep the same amount of reserve power bars at the start (to help balance out the choice between running and fighting early on until you get a raiding party together), but it might help further differentiate the play styles of the main game from the more pirate-y style of your mod.

Anyway, good luck, can't wait for more updates to this mod!
RichText

Postby RichText » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:35 am

dractactics wrote:After playing tons of the main game (and losing a lot), I gave this mod a try, and I gotta say that I support you in everything you're doing with this mod. It's a lot of fun! It's got a different kind of difficulty than the main game. Having no shields on the main ship is a fun new challenge, one that i had to change my entire strategy over (Often I was teleporting my crew in, fighting the enemies and strategically luring them into certain rooms, then waiting to teleport them back to my ship, just as i then unleash the cannons on the room the enemies were left in, then sending the raiding party back in to finish them off). It's exciting, and feels like a swashbuckling way that space pirates would actually fight in the FTL universe.
I like that the stores emphasize you garnering more and more new crew, just to throw them into the fray (like I feel a real pirate ship would aim to do).

RichText, my one suggestion right now (aside from the obvious 'yay! good job! keep going! we want more and more pirate events and a full space pirate game!'), is to maybe include a crew teleporter in the starting ship. You could keep the same amount of reserve power bars at the start (to help balance out the choice between running and fighting early on until you get a raiding party together), but it might help further differentiate the play styles of the main game from the more pirate-y style of your mod.

I'm currently working on a way to adapt the combat-robot launching system to work more as a main weapon, one that I could load onto a ship with nothing else and still leave it a fighting chance.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:51 am

RichText wrote:
dractactics wrote:After playing tons of the main game (and losing a lot), I gave this mod a try, and I gotta say that I support you in everything you're doing with this mod. It's a lot of fun! It's got a different kind of difficulty than the main game. Having no shields on the main ship is a fun new challenge, one that i had to change my entire strategy over (Often I was teleporting my crew in, fighting the enemies and strategically luring them into certain rooms, then waiting to teleport them back to my ship, just as i then unleash the cannons on the room the enemies were left in, then sending the raiding party back in to finish them off). It's exciting, and feels like a swashbuckling way that space pirates would actually fight in the FTL universe.

I'm currently working on a way to adapt the combat-robot launching system to work more as a main weapon, one that I could load onto a ship with nothing else and still leave it a fighting chance.

Man this is gonna be awesome, can't wait rto play with it, and lets play it
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:37 pm

To make the mod more like a full overhaul, you could change all the backgrounds to look like to sea, and turn it into a pirates from the future mod to explain the lack of UI changes :) Although changes to what the ships look like would obviously help with this, since you can't exactly just have a spaceship floating along on the sea.
MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM

Postby MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:32 pm

i really want to install this mod can someone give me the walk through for retards instructions to install this and the game i bought off steam does that impact that?
RichText

Postby RichText » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:48 pm

Okay, bad news. The new AVG update automatically vaulted all of my mod manager files and refuses to let me access them. Until I can solve that, this will be on hold.

MIKEFROMSTATEFARM, go to the Grognak's Mod Manager thread. They have instructions, I believe.
marted

Postby marted » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:16 am

Y U NO PICS
KingSix

Postby KingSix » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 pm

RichText wrote:Okay, bad news. The new AVG update automatically vaulted all of my mod manager files and refuses to let me access them. Until I can solve that, this will be on hold.

MIKEFROMSTATEFARM, go to the Grognak's Mod Manager thread. They have instructions, I believe.

Still no news? :(
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7llqn11y ... e=youtu.be

sorry For not doing this sooner, hope you enjoy the accent, My throat is in so much pain LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Kyton

Postby Kyton » Mon May 13, 2013 12:37 am

Would love to check it out . Mind adding non adfly links?