[MOD] Redtail new setups

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
KingdomKrafters

[MOD] Redtail new setups

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:45 am

This mod is pretty simple. Its not made to be complicated or original, but just for fun and messing around. The point was to equip the redtail with every possible vanilla weapon that costed used only 1 power (not including those found in only game files). Before you go complaining about how some of them are literally impossible to destroy ships with, let me tell you this. IT WAS JUST A STUPID EXPERIMENT I TRIED OUT... and i just wanted to post it so everyone else can try it. I know literally anyone could get Superluminal and make their own version of this... but still. Those who can't or can but just don't want to bother to, here you go. However there are some pretty stupid ones. For instance, a redtail with only crystal lockdown bombs. I also added 3 extra special ones, a combo using the basic version of the four main types of weapons (laser, missile, ion, and beam), one with o wepaon system pre-installed but with a level 8 drone control and 4 combat drones, and a redtail with an artillery system that shoots 5 lasers, but no reinstalled weapon system. (warning, the UI with the combat drone redtail is broken. Drone controll overlaps O2 system)

Download link: (requires Slipstream mod manager)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ynter3swo92j ... Igxta?dl=0

Download them all at once in a zip file: (still requires Slipstream mod manager)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjzh38p6jb64o ... e.zip?dl=0

Credits to I guess no-one. Ill just fill the rest of my credit space with random emotes.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD] Redtail new setups

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:22 am

KingdomKrafters wrote:The point was to equip the redtail with every possible vanilla weapon that costed used only 1 power (not including those found in only game files).

I see you made 17 different Red-Tail ftl files each with some 1 power weapon in place of the basic lasers, and then you made a separate 'combo' one.

but did you know you can have the game generate come up with all sorts of combos of the 1-power weapons, all in one ship file? 8-)

but how to do so?

add this blueprintList to the top of the 'blueprints.xml.append' file,

Code: Select all

<!-- all 18 regular 1 power weapons, including the basic laser -->
<blueprintList name="REDTAIL_WEAPON_RANDOMIZER">
    <name>LASER_BURST_1</name>         <!-- Basic Laser -->
    <name>SHOTGUN_PLAYER</name>        <!-- Advanced Flak -->
    <name>MISSILES_2_PLAYER</name>     <!-- Artemis Missiles -->
    <name>BOMB_BREACH_1</name>         <!-- Breach Bomb 1 -->
    <name>CRYSTAL_HEAVY_1</name>       <!-- Heavy Crystal -->
    <name>LASER_BURST_2</name>         <!-- Dual Lasers -->
    <name>BOMB_HEAL</name>             <!-- Healing Burst -->
    <name>LASER_HEAVY_1</name>         <!-- Heavy Laser -->
    <name>BOMB_ION</name>              <!-- Ion Bomb -->
    <name>ION_STUN</name>              <!-- Ion Stunner -->
    <name>ION_1</name>                 <!-- Ion Blast -->
    <name>LASER_CHARGEGUN_PLAYER</name><!-- 1 power Laser Charger -->
    <name>MISSILES_1</name>            <!-- Leto Missiles -->
    <name>BOMB_LOCK</name>             <!-- Crystal Lockdown Bomb -->
    <name>BEAM_1</name>                <!-- Mini Beam -->
    <name>BOMB_HEAL_SYSTEM</name>      <!-- Repair Burst -->
    <name>BOMB_1</name>                <!-- Small Bomb -->
    <name>BOMB_STUN</name>             <!-- Stun Bomb -->
</blueprintList>

and change the Red-Tail <weapon>'s to the name of the blueprintList, REDTAIL_WEAPON_RANDOMIZER

Code: Select all

<shipBlueprint name="PLAYER_SHIP_HARD_2">
    <!-- more tags above -->
    <weaponList count="4" missiles="10"><!-- changed missile count to 10 in case you get a missile weapon -->
        <weapon name="REDTAIL_WEAPON_RANDOMIZER"/>
    </weaponList>
    <!-- more tags below -->
</shipBlueprint>
-
this randomization technique was originally discovered by slowriderxcorps
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:25 am

OMG I had no idea you could do this. I'm gonna try it right now and then if (hopefully it will) works, I'll add a link to download the randomizer. I'll also add you to the credit section.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:41 am

WHY!!! I tried it multiple times, and every time I tried making the file run it wouldn't. I converted the .zip file to .ftl and placed it into slipstreams mod folder, but after running FTL... NOPE. FTL crashed. Could anyone help?
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:05 am

KingdomKrafters wrote:WHY!!! I tried it multiple times, and every time I tried making the file run it wouldn't. I converted the .zip file to .ftl and placed it into slipstreams mod folder, but after running FTL... NOPE. FTL crashed. Could anyone help?

Send the file, perhaps? Would make it easier to help you, just saying. [Edit; issue appears to have beem solved via PM's]
Discord: ATLAS#9226