[MOD] Turning The Tide v1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kieve

Re: [MOD] Turning The Tide v1.0

Postby Kieve » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:11 am

Sounds like I may have goofed and uploaded a WIP of the next version then. Old one had its share of bugs, but the Destroyer was disabled for exactly the reasons you gave - scary but ultimately toothless. Need to fix that ASAP. :?
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:55 am

Maybe have multiple ships?

Elite fighter
Light destroyer
Heavy destroyer (Using image for destroyer)
Light cruiser
Heavy cruiser (Rebel colored Fed cruiser)
Battlecruiser (Weak armor and shields but high engines and powerful guns)
Battleship (Basically a mini-flagship, slightly weaker with 1 engine bar)
Prototype flagship (See if ginger dragon is okay with you using it.)
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:24 am

Any progress on uploading right version, instead of WIP one?
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Question, may I use your destroyer assets? :)
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:01 am

Tip for OP - clarification about license related to your work (creative common= for example), would save time of both you,p and people wanting to put your nice assets into some good use.

Before anyone ask - yes, mods can be licensed under GPL or CC (depending on content - code or art[work]), even while FTL itself is propertiary.

/Estel
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Estel wrote:Tip for OP - clarification about license related to your work (creative common= for example), would save time of both you,p and people wanting to put your nice assets into some good use.

Before anyone ask - yes, mods can be licensed under GPL or CC (depending on content - code or art[work]), even while FTL itself is propertiary.

/Estel

I knew about CC/GPL stuff but never really considered that my mods would need to be "licensed" in such a fashion. Probably ought to consider it though...

Also because I'm a dunce and didn't post about it in this thread - all the work I've done with regard to events and the Destroyer assets has been contributed to Sleeper Service's Captain's Edition, since his work seems far more complete and functional than what I managed here. Might still be healthy to have a T3 "stand-alone" still available, but I simply haven't got the motivation or enthusiasm for FTL modding that I used to, and until it stops feeling like a chore to be done, the odds of me getting it taken care of are minimal at best.

agigabyte wrote:Question, may I use your destroyer assets? :)

That should be alright. I did speak of them as being potentially a modder's resource earlier in the thread, you're welcome to make use of them as you wish.