Callisto (Mercenary Manhunter Type B) [SHIP] [WEAPON]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SentryJumper

Callisto (Mercenary Manhunter Type B) [SHIP] [WEAPON]

Postby SentryJumper » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:25 pm

The credit for this idea goes largely to Gencool, as this is based on his balance suggestions for the Type A

Gencool wrote:Ok, here's a thought; replace one laser with a High-Intensity BioBeam; the beam does 75 pers-damage with a 10 sec cooldown, but only has a length of, say, 2-4 pixels.

Then the second laser gets replaced with a Concussion Laser - this does 1 standard, 6 seconds stun, but only 15 pers damage. Ideally it can also charge for two shots (use Laser Charger as a base, or maybe pick up a three-charger from CE/SMPK).

So now the weapons act as a one-two punch; send the laser(s) in to stun the crew/wipe the shields, then use the high-precision beam to kill them.
Feels way more assassin-y this way, and it's a fairly unique playstyle, as well as retaining some ship damage capability.

The Concussion Laser is a Mk II because I actually made a two-shot Mk I for this ship, but felt it made it a little underpowered.

Download (Dropbox)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ciiva5x5xdads ... B.ftl?dl=0
Last edited by SentryJumper on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image ImageImage
mr_easy_money

Re: Callisto (Mercenary Manhunter Type B) [SHIP] [WEAPON]

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:21 pm

first and foremost, the file you uploaded is missing the ".ftl" extension. I mean is still is in the right format, so renaming it isn't a big deal, but ideally you want anybody to be able to place it directly from downloads into the mods folder and have it work.

that aside, any reason you didn't combine it into one mod with the type A? sure it works separate, but one download is nice. actually just noticed that using both mods together creates two start beacon choices (which are identical) :edit #2: you could fix this simply by making the mod-append tags into mod-overwrite tags.

compared to the type A, it is a little offset to the left. also the ship description is exactly the same so maybe change it so it's something like it was re-outfitted with different weapons and recolored or something, like how the kestrel c's description compares with the other variants.

also one last thing, with the stun laser being a charge weapon, the "Laser" part of the short is blocked by the actual charges (at least in vanilla). since that description is rather vague here is a photo (lemme know if you can't see it):

:edit: I think in that case you should rename it to "Stun L" so then it will fit (similar to Charge L for vanilla charge laser)

I didn't get a chance yet to test it out, those are just initial observations
SentryJumper

Re: Callisto (Mercenary Manhunter Type B) [SHIP] [WEAPON]

Postby SentryJumper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:22 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:first and foremost, the file you uploaded is missing the ".ftl" extension. I mean is still is in the right format, so renaming it isn't a big deal, but ideally you want anybody to be able to place it directly from downloads into the mods folder and have it work.

that aside, any reason you didn't combine it into one mod with the type A? sure it works separate, but one download is nice. actually just noticed that using both mods together creates two start beacon choices (which are identical) :edit #2: you could fix this simply by making the mod-append tags into mod-overwrite tags.

compared to the type A, it is a little offset to the left. also the ship description is exactly the same so maybe change it so it's something like it was re-outfitted with different weapons and recolored or something, like how the kestrel c's description compares with the other variants.

also one last thing, with the stun laser being a charge weapon, the "Laser" part of the short is blocked by the actual charges (at least in vanilla). since that description is rather vague here is a photo (lemme know if you can't see it):

:edit: I think in that case you should rename it to "Stun L" so then it will fit (similar to Charge L for vanilla charge laser)

I didn't get a chance yet to test it out, those are just initial observations

File ending and laser name fixed.
The mods are separate for visibility to be honest; people who already have the Type A would have no reason to return to the thread and would never see the Type B, so I made a new post.
Image ImageImage