[AE][SHIP] Sire Class

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sirix1995

Re: [AE][SHIP] Sire Class

Postby Sirix1995 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:57 pm

I see, and I understand your point of view.

So, I don't know. I think I will do a few tests to make a choice. Because yes, the battery is another system that can be damaged. But like you said it is easy to vent, so fire and boarder aren't really a big problem. And if it's broken by a laser or a missile shot, If you don't use it, I think you can repair it after the battle, so...I don't think there is a real problem to keep it. But it isn't a really useful system at the beginning of the game, so, it can be annoying to have to vent or repair it.

I will do several games with and without the battery to make a decision. Thanks again for your advice !
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:34 pm

I think the biggest thing to consider about the battery is whether or not it actually has a use for the player that adds to the ship's balance.

It could go either way as a pro or a con. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that the backup battery should be seen for what it is - a subsystem. There could be a lore reason or just the fact that it makes sense with the rest of the ship's systems/playstyle (include it if it needs be, not if it can be. if it is just that it can be, then maybe the player should decide whether or not they want it (by buying it)).

Possibly compare the current use of the backup battery with some of the vanilla ships:

1. notice how the Zoltan C makes use of the battery because of the starting reactor power is substandard/less than adequate.
2. notice how ships like the slug ships don't start with sensors, or the Rock B doesn't start with doors.

ultimately this is just advice, and it's really up to you. if you really think backup battery makes sense for the ship or that it makes up for the ship's other inadequacies then I go for it.
also if you wanted you could reduce the starting power and make the ships more reliant on the backup battery like the Zoltan C, though I'm not sure if that's really what you meant when adding it.
Sirix1995

Postby Sirix1995 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:28 am

I everyone !

Thank you again for the feedback. I have done a few tests on the ship. And my conclusions are...I don't see a lot of differences with playing with the battery or not. The battery can help sometimes but isn't essential.

But the ship in this lore is an unfinished ship made to be really powerful. And I think keeping the battery could help to this in two point :

-first, the battery allows to use many systems simultaneously : powerful weapons, cloak, shields, drones...And you still can aliment medbay and oxygen. So, the ship with the battery have a lot of possibilities.

-second, like Stylesrj said : put the battery natively allows more systems in the shops. So, the ship is easier to upgrade.

So, I think I will keep it. But perhaps I will upload a no-battery version in addition. I can do this when I'll update the Red Dice's artillery.

I hope anyway you enjoy the Etherion !