[MOD HUB] Bio's Fleet 16 Ships Pack [CE], [A+] and now [MV 5.3] Compatible!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

[MOD HUB] Bio's Fleet 16 Ships Pack [CE], [A+] and now [MV 5.3] Compatible!

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Thought I might as well make a mod hub for all of my creations. Seemed like an easy way to get everything in one convenient place.
And making this was a nice nostalgic trip for me as well. All of my ships are CE compatible yet none of them require it to be played.
These are just a gathering and brief description of the ships, for more info, click the name to bring you to the forum page of that ship mod where you will also find download links.
All ships can purchase artillery when playing Captains Edition.
The pack now works in the latest version (1.6.X) and has backwards compatibility.

Update : All 16 ships in one single mod!
Get all my ships in one easy mod. From Anomaly to Xanthoconite, all are here. Some ships were tweaked a bit in order to play nice with the others. Check at the bottom to see which ones those are and what changed. If you rather have the original experience, download the individual ship. Also, big thanks to mr_easy_money for willing to take up like 98% of the work to do this.
Credit also goes to Dalvest for supplying some of the new ship thumbs.

Update : Now also compatible with Multiverse as a seperate mod!
Complete(*) compatibility with MV (last checked with version 5.3). The augments converted to their intended external variant and some gear (mostly drones and 1 weapon) were also replaced with MV variants.
All ships have room for the Temporal Manipulator. As of now, the system isn't available in stores but can be added through the console (SYS temporal).
*One extra ship added to the pack, the Infinitum.
*Mother Hen starts with a Medic crew member.
*The Scrapper and Spotter still retain their custom start though do to not wanting to mess with MV's start, have been cut down in regards to their text. They now have a regular option at the starting event.
*The AI-ships now start with an internal slug gel augment.
Big thanks to lead dev. ܇Kix for guiding me through the conversion process!

Here's a quick guide to show you which ships they replace (in Vanilla, CE or A+):

Code: Select all

The Anomaly : Fed-A
The Triumvirate : Fed-B
Scrapper S-063B : Fed-C
The Firehazard : Slug-B
The Raptor : Lanius-A
The Xanthoconite : Crystal-A
The Magpie : Kestrel-B
The Nebula Drifter : Slug-A
The Mother Hen : Kestrel-A
The Triquetra : Engi-A
The Pyroxenite : Rock-B
The Agni-Shila : Rock-C
The Gavel : Zoltan-A
The Simo-B : Stealth-C
The Insignis : Mantis-A
The Spotter : Kestrel-C

Downloads for Vanilla, Captain's Edition and Arsenal+
Dropbox
Mediafire

Downloads for Multiverse! (See update above)
Dropbox

Contents + individual ship links

The AI-Cruisers
A ship pack containing all three of my AI-ships, all having a separate mod as well.
ImageImageImage

The Anomaly
First (AI-)ship and part of the AI-Cruisers pack. Relies on slug gel, a repair drone and AP-drone to keep it flying. No crew on this one.
Features purchasable artillery system even in vanilla.

The Triumvirate
Second ship in the AI-cruisers pack. Featuring one of my favorite custom artillery weapons : the Chaos Cluster Bombs.
And a unique custom weapon to help with offense and defense.
Again, another AI-ship, or in this case, a gathering of 3.

The Scrapper S-063B
The third and final AI-ship and part of the AI-Cruisers pack. A custom start to this one resulting in an unlikely cooperation if you want to survive.

The Firehazard
A small compact slug cruiser which will surely spark a flame in everyone you meet.

The Raptor
Lanius boarding combined with hacking but weak weapons. Also no starting O2. Might be worth the investment.

The Xanthoconite
A bright yellow crystal ship relying on a def II drone for defense and a crystal weapon for offense.

The Magpie
A pirate ship equipped with a breaching (yet short) piercing beam artillery.

The Nebula Drifter
Two custom weapons for the price of one. The Arc Beam and Chaos Cluster Bombs. Together on what might be the nicest repaint of the slug cruiser ever.

The Mother Hen
The Mother Hen proves that artillery doesn't have to be harmful to be dangerous. An interesting take on the artillery system, with some custom blue option to go with it.

The Triquetra
A custom crew damaging weapon combined with a boarding drone or ion intruder drone on this engi ship. Guns and drones working hand in hand to kill crew.

The Pyroxenite
An attempt to show the fire drone some love. Stuck to a rock ship. Did someone whisper "teleporter"?

The Agni Shila
Some niche CE weaponry thrown together to make a beautiful bouquet of fire, ion and rock boarding.

The Gavel
Plenty of supershielding, plenty of time until your weapon becomes useful...

The Simo-B
A stealth cruiser with that "other" 4-power weapon. Don't worry, it's artillery. So it won't go down that easy.

The Insignis
Mantis boarding, no defense besides your engines and your hacking system. Good luck.

The Spotter
Relying on long range artillery from a dreadnought to take out enemies. Make sure to keep that transmitter up !

Unbalanced and/or fun ships (Not part of the pack)
These ships are the result of me having some fun with the quirks of FTL modding. They aren't balanced and so not part of the mod pack.

The Masochist
Guaranteed Crystal Vengeance and free hull repairs along the way makes this the bringer and receiver of pain !

The Breathless
It'll take your breath (and life) away. Pretty quickly.

The Chaotic
What would happen if you swap the upgrades for cloaking and shields? Chaos! Fun chaos though.

The Infinitum
Unlock the power of infinite charge weapons. If you know how to...

The Inspired
One volley to rule them all. One heavy vulcan to convince the doubters.

Chocolate Chip
Don't ask... just enjoy and smell the baked goods.

Oniomania Challenge Mod
Not a ship, but a challenge mod. Everything is free, but you have to get it all!

Changes to ships.
Systems
*Oxygen now costs 35 across all ships that can buy it. (MV uses it's own price.)

All AI-ships
*Breach sealant renamed back to slug gel.
*[CE ONLY] Options for piracy are enabled.

The Anomaly
*Now starts with the artillery system.
*Dual laser replaced with basic laser.

Scrapper S-063B
*Reduced starting weapon power from 4 to 3

Simo-B
*Artillery still capped at 3, but much cheaper. From 125->50. To compensate, the system casing augment was removed.
Last edited by Biohazard063 on Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:45 am, edited 31 times in total.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Re: [MOD HUB] Bio's Ships

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Neat, you've gotten quite a track-record by now. :)
Anistuffs

Postby Anistuffs » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:29 am

May I recommend adding this page in your Youtube about page? Because it's bloody irritating having to google it and then failing and then coming here and cyberstalking your previous posts :X
Anistuffs - The Indian Let's Player.
Here's my Youtube channel with over 1500 LP videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Anistuffs
Why not pop over and say hi :)
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:37 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Neat, you've gotten quite a track-record by now. :)

16... with one I didn't incorporate here not counted.

Anistuffs wrote:May I recommend adding this page in your Youtube about page? Because it's bloody irritating having to google it and then failing and then coming here and cyberstalking your previous posts :X

I will. But the link is in my signature on the forum here as well.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
Biohazard063

Re: [MOD HUB] Bio's Fleet [Update : 1 Pack]

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:39 pm

Long overdue update compiling ALL 15 ships into one convenient pack whilst keeping the links to the separate ships and the AI-cruisers pack.
Another big thanks to mr_easy_money for doing most of the work for this.
Channel link
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD HUB] Bio's Fleet [Update : 1 Pack]

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:Long overdue update compiling ALL 15 ships into one convenient pack whilst keeping the links to the separate ships and the AI-cruisers pack.
Another big thanks to mr_easy_money for doing most of the work for this.

I combined 11/15 of the ships, and I found various errors among the ship mods, so you might want to fix the errors for each separate mod (I fixed them in the combined pack). I also changed the blueprintLists so they would play nice with other overhaul mods via slipstream tags. I also edited the bonus blue choice for the artillery in the pyroxenite so it would have the right tone and fixed a typo.

• junk new text document in agni shila
  • incorrect cloak glow in firehazard
  • the agni shila has an incorrect name for the burning crops event, so it doesn't work as intended. the name it has is "COMBAT_FIRE2", which is a drone, not an event. I believe you copied the text you had for the pyroxenite since it has said drone.
  • nebula drifter has the wrong cloak glow
  • another ship needs its cloak glow vertically flipped (sorry I can't recall which one, but it has a
  • pyroxenite has an incorrect name for the burning crops event -> that should be the choice "req" attribute. the choice "req" attribute listed has nothing to do with the pyroxenite (it references a short fire beam)
  • the agni shila has the dlcBlueprints.xml.append file of the pyroxenite for some reason, and as previously stated, it has the same error as the pyroxenite for the burning crops event
  • the pyroxenite also has a captilization error in "Fire drone" in said event choice thingy
  • the raptor is missing a closing systemBlueprint tag for oxygen in blueprints.xml.append
  • glow on xanthoconite piloting room does not work because the piloting image isn't prefixed by "room_" (you might notice in rooms.xml.append the images referenced don't have the "room_" prefix, so it's expecting the image "pilot_interior" to be prefixed that way, but it isn't)
  • typo "powerfull" on Light Pierce Laser

I don't know if you already looked for the following when combining the other ships and I haven't checked, but I'll say it here anyways:

A heads up, you might want to check that none of the glows in rooms.xml.append are conflicting for the other ships you added in (simo-b and the ai cruisers). if they have the same name, but different orientations, the lowest/newest one will overwrite the previous one, and orient the glow in the wrong way. the way to fix this is change the file names of the images so they don't conflict. if you change the image names, be sure to change them in the shipBlueprint they're associated with.

in the same manner, be sure that you don't replace existing room images with different orientations when combining the mods' room images in img/ship/interior

lastly, if the other ships change anything event-wise, try to do it via slipstream tags, they make stuff play nice with everything else instead of overwriting existing lists

I hope what I said above makes sense. I took the time in this so that the combined ship pack didn't change anything you created and all was accounted for :)
Biohazard063

Re: [MOD HUB] Bio's Fleet 16 Ships [Update : Single Mod and v.1.6.X compatible]

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:33 am

Update : The pack got updated to work with version 1.6.X of FTL and has backwards compatibility for earlier versions.
If anyone still finds problems with it in 1.6.X, feel free to let me know!
Channel link
Biohazard063

Re: [MOD HUB] Bio's Fleet 16 Ships Pack [CE], [A+] and now [MV] Compatible!

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:28 am

Update: Multiverse compatibility!

The pack now has a separate page in the hangar and are easily identified since I plastered my avatar on the mini icons on the ship selection.
Changes to and downloads for the pack can be found in the OP.
Big thanks to ܇Kix for the assist and patience whilst guiding me through the conversion process!
Channel link
Biohazard063

Re: [MOD HUB] Bio's Fleet 16 Ships Pack [CE], [A+] and now [MV 5.3] Compatible!

Postby Biohazard063 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:45 am

Small update for the MV pack:
Now compatible with version 5.3.
*Assigned a room and interior image to all ships for the Temporal Manipulator system. The system doesn't show up in stores as of yet (5.3) but it can at least be added through the console with the command "SYS temporal" (case sensitive!).
Small heads up for the "opportunists" here. Whilst the same command can be used to add Artillery to my ships (since they do have a room assigned for it), it won't work since they all use Captain's Edition weaponry... perhaps in a future update.
*Added the custom weapons to the corresponding lists for use in blue options. May have missed one or two...
*Changed races of some crew in accordance with the new naming within MV. (For example battery -> zoltan).
*Some minor fixes: Removed some "manning stations" in 2 tile medbays, adjusted some interior images that overlapped with walls or doors and fixed a manning station position on the Triumvirate.
Channel link