[OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD][WIP]Arsenal+ English Translation Attempt

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:25 am

Arsenal+ 1.22.2 English Resource Pack
added changes made in 1.22.2 update to Arsenal+

took forever because I couldn't figure out how to word all the SMM descriptions, and relied on a decent update to the English Data:

Arsenal+ 1.22.2 English Data v0.13
added changes made in 1.22.2 update to Arsenal+ (events and probably weapons)

added crew names, enemy ship class names, vanilla events, non-vanilla/new events, and reworded various things including (but not limited to) augments and weapons. also added SMM description to the mod.

even though it says version 0.13, it hasn't been 7 updates worth, but more like 2 or 3

Arsenal+ DLC Ships 1.4 English v1.1
reflects changes made in Russian update to DLC ships

reworded a bunch of stuff, worked out a remnant snippet of Russian text, and still need to reword some stuff: expect another update soon...

added SMM description to the mod.

:mrgreen:
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Some updates have been released :)

Arsenal+ 1.22.2 English Data v0.14
translated some more event chains, sector start beacon augment blue options, and enemy ship class names mostly

more importantly, added in the credit's for the mod's creators

hmm, now that I think about it maybe I should put myself in there too...

p.s. one person seems to have already downloaded this since the download count is at 1, as I released it late at night because I felt it was necessary because of the credits, but couldn't make myself make this post until now.

Arsenal+ DLC Ships 1.6 English v1.2
reflects 1.5/1.6 changes in the original Russian version

changed around some of the ship descriptions to make more sense

reverted most of the ship unlocks (regular unlock, not alternate) to vanilla. I say mostly because I have the feeling there was a special case, but I'm not sure.

p.s. there might be another update to this soon to reflect 1.7 changes as bamalf said he would upload that today, but I didn't see any update so maybe not

As always, full details can be found in the changelogs.

p.p.s. oh and I still need images to put on the main post :roll:
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmwux72QJz4
something new in the 1.23 update ;)
Image Image Image
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:17 pm

bamalf wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmwux72QJz4
something new in the 1.23 update ;)

looks cool :mrgreen:

i'll be sure to release an update soon with the changes in 1.23
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:41 pm

I've released a new update for all three parts of the mod (the 2 base files and the DLC ship pack).

Turns out I was missing some stuff that should have been there before the new 1.23 Arsenal+ update, so I apologize for that as I wasn't thorough enough looking through the changes. That has been fixed and now everything that should be there is now there. obviously I still need to translate the events, but at least now you get everything that was supposed to be there. Most noticeably, the HAL sector (and HAL sector drones) was missing which is a pretty big thing to miss on my part.

Changes:
Arsenal+ 1.23 adds several new weapons, events, and a new sector the "Border Sector" with its own events. also new are some more Trade Sector events and other events across the board.

bamalf was nice enough to translate all the Russian names into English so those have been completely translated. Arsenal+ 1.23 also adds some more names in.

Now for my update. I translated several more event chains and reverted all of the vanilla engi sector exclusive events back along with translating some events there. still some exclusive events not translated yet. reverted back and added some Zoltan sector exclusives and other events across all the sectors and some rebel sector events I believe.

I also went through some misc weapon wording and event wording changes, most noticeably making the base pack artillery and ship descriptions translated. I also worked out the artillery wording for the DLC ships, which also reflects the changes in the 1.8 update.

as always, the complete list of changes can be found in the Changelog of each section. I hope this update fixes any issues people were having with regards to the HAL sector. expect a small update soon :mrgreen:

----------------------

Right now I'm going to put out there that I have to look over blueprints.xml and compare with the Russian version as I'm not 100% sure everything is where it should be, but this update was very important b/c of the missing HAL sector so I couldn't wait, and also I'm in a rush. I will release another update soon that gets a bunch of the weapons translated and some more stuff probably over this weekend or by the middle of next week.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:40 am

There's at least two things wrong with the mod which I'm not certain how to fix because I don't know what's causing it, but definitely inhibits gameplay.

the first error is the game crashing when trying to leave late game sectors. it doesn't seem to be a problem specific to any sector; unable to jump to slug home nebula or slug controlled in sector 5 or so and this past run trying to jump to zoltan controlled or order controlled from uncharted nebula in sector 6 to 7. I don't know. maybe a nebula exit beacon is causing the problem? I'm not sure.

the second error is the start beacon augment events being completely skipped and instead in their place it seems the first choice is selected from a random filler event from newEvents.xml. I've no idea what the problem is --- all of the events structure seems fine. bamalf said it happens when some event is broken, but which one I can't tell, for they all look perfectly fine to me. bamalf also says the mod runs perfectly fine in the original russian version, so I'm quite confused as to what's wrong.

I guess I must've made some error when updating the mod to v1.23 from 1.22.2, as I never had such problems before it.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know below. :| :?:

EDIT: as for number 2. I went to a civilian sector and I was given a choice. the problem is the only event at sector start should be the augments on start event, which is for some reason being replaced by a filler event.

EDIT 2: the problem definitely lies with the start beacon, as saving and quitting then trying to continue the game just crashes it, which also explains error 1. the thing is, the event looks perfectly fine :?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 am

okay. so I fixed the start beacon bug. turns out in one of the augment events there was an extra starting event tag that I must've created when I did the update. I'm terribly sorry for that, because it wouldn't let you continue a run.

in other news...

I reverted back vanilla sector specific events (not all of them)
translated the drone control roulette. here is a clip if you wanna know what I mean by that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTynm4p ... e=youtu.be

also translated some of the new weaponry including the flamberge beam, the chain beam, and the new one-use weapons.

also got rid of some extra textures in the resource pack and changed the main menu screen to reflect the proper version number (1.23)
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:41 pm

Oh good lord, that Drone Roulette... how on Earth did they manage to pull that off?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:25 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:Oh good lord, that Drone Roulette... how on Earth did they manage to pull that off?

apparently, the drone control in stores is hardcoded to use either DEFENSE_1, REPAIR, or COMBAT_1 (depending on the type the drone control usually comes with), so they made those into names of blueprintLists that contain names of drones. here is an example:

Code: Select all

<blueprintList name="DEFENSE_1"> <!-- 1.23 --> <!-- random drone with drones system in stores --> <!-- constant cost -->
   <name>ANTI_DRONE_R</name>
   <name>DE_ANTI_DRONE_2_R</name>
   <name>DE_ANTI_DRONE_EFFECTOR_R</name>
   <name>DE_ANTI_DRONE_MISSILES_R</name>
   <name>DE_ANTI_DRONE_LASER_HEAVY_R</name>
   <name>DE_DRONE_DEFENSE_LIGHT_MISSILE_R</name>
   <name>DE_DRONE_DEFENSE_SWARM_MISSILE_R</name>
   <name>DE_DRONE_DEFENSE_LIGHT_1_R</name>
   <name>DE_DRONE_DEFENSE_LIGHT_2_R</name>
   <name>DE_DRONE_DEFENSE_SCATTER_R</name>
   <name>DE_DRONE_DEFENSE_HEAVY_SMALL_R</name>
   <name>DE_DRONE_DEFENSE_HEAVY_R</name>
   <name>DE_DRONE_DEFENSE_GAUSS_R</name>
   <name>DE_DRONE_DEFENSE_MINESWEEPER_R</name>
   <name>DEFENSE_1_OLD_R</name>
   <name>DEFENSE_2_R</name>
   <name>DE_DRONE_DEFENSE_3_R</name>
</blueprintList>

also why they made the actual defense drone mk i to be named DEFENSE_1_OLD

EDIT: there is one tiny "bug" if it can be called that as it eliminates the drone control swap cheat. if you go back to the main menu while at the store and try to continue the game crashes. upon reloading the game you can continue just fine.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:39 pm

I thought that was how they pulled it off, as this was the same behaviour that augmentations would do in both the Hangar and Upgrade screens when you try to make a ship that starts with an augment referencing a List name. This does also have the side-effect, as the notes hint at, that it messes with the drones that the Phase 2 Power Surge can summon.