[SHIP][AE][v1.22] The Looter

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP][AE/CE][v1.2] The Looter

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:58 pm

Well, if you're going to make an artillery, then I recommend you also give it some way of taking down supershields.
That way you can also bypass having to use a bypass.
Maybe the Artillery should be something like an Ion Blast which fires every 10 seconds. It could take down a Zoltan shield and even the Flagship's Phase 3 Shield but it'll take a while.

Or maybe a teleporting Lockdown Ion Bomb. It can take down Zoltan shields in one hit but again it takes forever to charge up and use.

I might give the ship a whirl later.
gentasaurus

Re: [SHIP][AE/CE][v1.21] The Looter

Postby gentasaurus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:06 am

It appears that any drones with the type 'BOARDING' (including the Ion Intruder drone) cause the game to crash if a ship with drones disabled obtains one. I believe this is hardcoded, as even increasing the drone slot count didn't change anything. I've changed the rarity of those drones to 0, making them non-obtainable.
Last edited by gentasaurus on Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image ImageImage
meklozz

Re: [SHIP][AE][v1.21] The Looter

Postby meklozz » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:48 pm

You could probably just remove the drones from the game, or change rarity to 0.

May also want to give a warning that the ship changes the game for other ships, I guess.
gentasaurus

Re: [SHIP][AE][v1.21] The Looter

Postby gentasaurus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:32 pm

meklozz wrote:You could probably just remove the drones from the game, or change rarity to 0.

May also want to give a warning that the ship changes the game for other ships, I guess.

I'm afraid that if I remove them, some boarding-drone specific events, like the one you encountered, might cause some issues.
I included an incompatibility warning in the new descriptions as well, so it should be sufficient (I hope)

@edit
never mind, I don't think there are any, I misread the screenshot you took, my bad. Might change rarity to 0.

@edit2
changed rarity to 0, hope it won't cause any event-related issues
Image Image ImageImage
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP][AE][v1.22] The Looter

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:24 am

Well, here's the video link of our run with the ship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXUAkm7Ojxs

You could say that was fast turnaround but there it is in case you want to link it to the opening post or something.
gentasaurus

Re: [SHIP][AE][v1.22] The Looter

Postby gentasaurus » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:05 am

stylesrj wrote:Well, here's the video link of our run with the ship:

Thanks so much for featuring me in that, styles! I got some great ideas out of it and once I'm done with my *super secret project* I'll get around to implementing a thing or two.
Image Image ImageImage