Two-Screen FTL CoOp / Hotkeys only challenge

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gencool

Two-Screen FTL CoOp / Hotkeys only challenge

Postby Gencool » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Basically, I got bored, and had a go at making an FTL multiplayer mode - although it's CoOp, not competitive.
Part of creating this this meant that I made a script that can be also used for a 'Hotkeys Only' Challenge....

What you need:
Two Screens
OBS (which is free)
AutoHotkey (which is also free)
Keyboard
Mouse (or favoured input)

Gameplay:
Player 1, The Commander, has the game window and Mouse
Player 2, The Captain, has OBS running in preview and the keyboard.

The Commander is responsible for the crew, targeting, and navigation, and must relay information and suggestions to The Captain.
The Captain controls the system power and activation, including drones and weapons, and has final say in decisions.

Both players have access to Pause (space/middle mouse) and control over Event Choices - it is up to them how they divide control of these, and hotkey control can be set accordingly.

Setup:
While you can set this up yourself, I've also provided a kit you can use to get most of the way there quickly.
Right Click and Download - Gencool's FTL CoOp

This may require a little time and knowledge to get working, but nothing you can't handle.
The pack includes the OBS layout you see above and a few script files and resources.
A .txt file is included to help guide you through the process.

The AutoHotkey script isn't mandatory, but it does mean the Commander is unable to override any of the Captain's controls:
Pressing Q restricts the mouse to a set area within the game window, locking off the bottom area.
Pressing Shift+Q releases the mouse (which may be necessary at times)

The script can also double as a 'Hotkeys Only' challenge mode, for anyone interested in that.
A little lock icon will appear briefly telling you when you have successfully locked/unlocked the screen.
Image Image

The most recent version of the pack also includes a second script for a standalone Magnifier.
This makes set up much easier than before (the OBS file just needs to be linked to the window), and the toggle effects both the Captain and Commander's magnifiers simultaneously.

If you want to play online, you may be able to use Nvidia Shield or TeamViewer - I've not tested either and don't know if anything I've made here would be useful, but the principle's the same. One player on keyboard, one on mouse.

For streamers, there is a way you can run two copies of OBS, if you wish to try it. Please let me know if you plan to give it a go!
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff