[SHIP] Ramuran Vessel [AE]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rjcobourn

Re: [SHIP] Ramuran Vessel [AE] [WIP]

Postby rjcobourn » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:00 pm

Also, what if I made the human a slug instead so that you could use mind control at the start? Then I don't know what I would nerf to make that even but... just an idea
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Custom sounds...

You'll need to make a file called sounds.xml.append in your data folder.

Then you need to create another folder in the same directory as data called "audio"
Then you put another folder in that called "waves", then in that "weapons" followed by the sound file you want to use (game supports .wav and .ogg as far as I know)

Here's then what you put in sounds.xml.append:

Code: Select all

<protonbeam volume="3">weapons/[Name of weapon sound].[extension]</protonbeam>

Then you go back to your Proton Beam, look for the <launchsounds> section and replace the "beam2" with "protonbeam" or whatever you want to call it and hope it works. If it's too loud or too quiet, adjust the volume in the sounds.xml.append.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:17 pm

You did both the shield and damage of the beam? That might be too much, you're waiting a long time for just one damage per system at the start now. Later on will get better as shield piercing becomes more relevant, but early game will mop the floor with you, especially past easy.

I'm not really sure how stacking systems works, but I think that if you add a seventh system to start with, you could put all remaining ones in the last room and it might be fine. Seventh system like the MC you mentioned, though it wouldn't be very significant - no need to disable their dodge, little ability to get crew kills.. drones could be very good - maybe too good along with the cloak. I'm not sure I played a proper drone-cloak ship in a while, starting like that could be fun.

@edit
Oh, and there's too much power now. You can power everything at the start and still have 2 (leftover from the shields, I suppose) to spare.
rjcobourn

Postby rjcobourn » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:48 pm

I think at 2 damage the weapon is very op. So I guess I can add back a shield layer, but it will make early game relatively easy with cloak and shields. Anyways, I am in SL and am going to shrink the weapons and shields to a 2x1 configuration so that I can have optional hacking and teleporter without mucking around with room stacking. Any more ideas before I work on the sounds and release a new version?
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:58 pm

rjcobourn wrote:Any more ideas before I work on the sounds and release a new version?

I think you said you modified the weapons image colors before? If you did, I don't think it's appearing, maybe mixed up the names somewhere?

And are you set on no floor image? You can make it really thin.
rjcobourn

Postby rjcobourn » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:14 pm

I changed the color of the beam, like the actual proton beam not the weapon itself. I tried to change the color of the weapon itself but to be honest, it was very hard to make it look right. Making the colors fade correctly and everything was just beyond my tiny image editing capacity.

I also do not know how to make a floor image and again, I suck at editing just about anything.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:29 pm

rjcobourn wrote:I changed the color of the beam, like the actual proton beam not the weapon itself. I tried to change the color of the weapon itself but to be honest, it was very hard to make it look right. Making the colors fade correctly and everything was just beyond my tiny image editing capacity.

I also do not know how to make a floor image and again, I suck at editing just about anything.
The floor is a built in function in Superluminal, it's in one of the menus at the top.
rjcobourn

Postby rjcobourn » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:37 pm

Uh... simply, it looks terrible, even trying to mess with the settings it is well... terrible. Not sure what I am supposed to do.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:51 pm

Hm, it should look pretty similar to normal FTL floors, but to each their own, I guess.

Something like this:

Oh, you might want to use the cursor tool (first from the left) to move it a bit. Once you grab the floor, you can move precisely by clicking the arrows on the left. The number in the middle of them is the distance they will move it, set it to one pixel for accuracy.
rjcobourn

Postby rjcobourn » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Ok I think I get it now, thanks. I'll finish that up and then do the sounds. I am going to change the human to a slug, add another shield level and do the floor. That should help balance things I think.

@edit
Also I am changing the room configuration, as I already said.