[SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: [SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:51 am

For some reason I have a strong feeling that you should make all of the augments the same price/cost. Not sure why, but I have this gut feeling that is telling me it makes sense. I'd think about it, but atm I'm already overtime for sleep.

but for you there in Australia, it's around afternoon so ... *blanks out because mind requires sleep..
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:20 am

Or maybe everything can be sold but you get nothing out of it. As in everything costs 0 Scrap.
CAKE

Postby CAKE » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am

stylesrj wrote:Hey I'll get to the other politicians eventually and soon all of them will be made fun of.

Will you make a ship based on Tony Abbot?
If you want to ask/tell me something and get a timely response, read this paste: https://pastebin.com/LXcq186T

Mod hub for some of my old mods (which will not be supported anymore) here

A Guide On How To Combine 2 Ships Into 1 File
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:45 am

CAKE wrote:Will you make a ship based on Tony Abbot?

Any ideas on how that one should work? I can't give it a gun that makes it damage itself every time it fires. And I can't do event scripting so I can't make it lose scrap on each jump or kill off a random crew member.
CAKE

Postby CAKE » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:53 am

stylesrj wrote:Any ideas on how that one should work? I can't give it a gun that makes it damage itself every time it fires. And I can't do event scripting so I can't make it lose scrap on each jump or kill off a random crew member.

I think there's a thing where a 0-power needing drone needs a powered drone to be active, if so you could disable weapons and set the max power of drones to 1 and make a drone that needs 1 power that does 1 hull damage a second with the 0-power drone doing the same, but to the enemy, you would also have to set it so that drones can't be found in stores.
If you want to ask/tell me something and get a timely response, read this paste: https://pastebin.com/LXcq186T

Mod hub for some of my old mods (which will not be supported anymore) here

A Guide On How To Combine 2 Ships Into 1 File
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:03 am

That sounds gimmicky, not like you couldn't just sell/unequip the thing. (@edit I was taking your message the other way around, but it's still not going to work, it seems you can run such drones independently, you just can't power them off)

I'd try giving the enemies crystal vengeance, probably editing it a bit.
Last edited by meklozz on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:23 am

meklozz wrote:That sounds gimmicky, not like you couldn't just sell/unequip the thing.

I'd try giving the enemies crystal vengeance, probably editing it a bit.

I'm not very good with editing enemy encounters. I can't just add them to a single blueprint or whatever, I have to add it to a whole bunch, then there's CE, SMPK to consider... why else did I make the Apprentice Bomb an Artillery_Fed rather than a unique weapon that acts like one?

CAKE wrote:I think there's a thing where a 0-power needing drone needs a powered drone to be active, if so you could disable weapons and set the max power of drones to 1 and make a drone that needs 1 power that does 1 hull damage a second with the 0-power drone doing the same, but to the enemy, you would also have to set it so that drones can't be found in stores.

I don't think that's even possible to make a self-damaging drone.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:33 am

You could take a look at the CRAZE mod, the author does a lot of this stuff, giving enemies augments nearly exactly how you'd need to. Even comments the mods, IIRC.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:46 am

I had a look at the Repair Arm to see if I could make it damage the hull every time you gain Scrap but I can only alter the Scrap penalty into the positives. So every time your ship is damaged and you get a reward, your hull is fixed slightly AND you get a cash bonus. Hmmm that sounds appropriate for this ship?
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:12 am

Figured out an idea for Abbot cruiser: only has lvl 1 weapons, engines, o2 piloting, doors and sensors. lvl 2 shields.
weapon: 1 dual laser.
description: Abbot has commanded you to show the rebels what Australia can do. Due to the previous prime minister spending too much, there has been dramatic budget cuts and this ship is not very well made.
I nearly forgot: Australia is a Federation (proudly federated since 1901). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: #Spam :lol:
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016