[SHIP] The Missile Master

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[SHIP] The Missile Master

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:47 am

Basically I wanted to create a ship that would use only missile weapons, but with an Explosive Replicator. But the catch was that the Replicator would be called "Useless Augment" and would be very valuable to sell in stores. But if you kept it, you'd have infinite missiles. Important to have because you only have 1 missile to fire. Don't lose it.

But those plans were shot down when I found out that changing the value of the Replicator does nothing to affect the missile supply. It will always be 50%.

So instead I've upped the missiles this ship carries and gave it a series of missile weapons that can be used for any situation. For massive firepower and suppression, there's the Missile Vulcan. Does as much damage as an Artemis with each shot but consumes missiles quickly if you auto-fire. There's the Adaptive Missile which goes up to really high levels of damage the more you fire it and then there's the Swarm Missile which has no change.
There's also a Multi-Missile Massacre Artillery for when you want a barrage dropped on the enemy right now and you don't want to use a missile.

So anyway, here's the Missile Master itself.

Missile Master in the hangar (old version)

Missile Master VS Beam Master (old version)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7qww4 ... Master.ftl
(Replaces Rock C)

Have fun.
Last edited by stylesrj on Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] The Missile Master

Postby stylesrj » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:41 am

Looks like Missile Master Melia from the Duna Tribe has decided to show off her run in Captain's Edition.

https://youtu.be/d12XQWb6xOA

I don't think she got very far though.

Also, you may have noticed that the ship has some extra weapons and an artillery. Yup, it's been updated with some new hardware. The Adaptive Missile and the Swarm Missile are now available. Use them depending on the situation or get your guns up to Level 6 and use all three!
Also, the Vulcan and Adaptive Missile can be sold for a pittance of Scrap. Even Stores don't want to buy them and it's to make sure you can't just sell them off and buy other guns so early in the game.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:21 am

Question: how does the Missile artillery work? Is it a MISSILE weapon that fires multiple shots, or a BURST flak-type weapon?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:21 am

Burst type flak gun, because that's how you get a barrage rather than a series of missiles.