Re: [MOD] Playable rebels ships Advenced Pack 1.0 Out ! 7 news ships added

Postby nono333 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Advenced Pack Update out ! add 7 new ships : Image

Senario Pack Update 1.6 : fix bug, update events
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:16 am

Take the following as constructive criticism

1. I will be blunt. The English does not read well, as there are mistakes in capitalization, extra spaces, misspelling. It is evident that you are not exactly a native English speaker. Do not fret. Many of us here can correct them if you would like, maybe ask them.

2. The miniship images that you see when you go to the List to select the ships are not all aligned properly and not completely within the borders of the box. Take a look at the miniship images of the non-modded FTL ships to see what I mean.

3. I'm not sure which pack this is, but it is the one where the zoltan controlled sectors are shown as hostile red sectors and where rebel sectors are (probably) shown as green. The text when you enter the sector says something about what to expect in the sector. The text in the original FTL says stuff based on whether the sector is hostile or civilian.
Example: zoltan controlled sector. shown as green in the base FTL, says something about how you can expect them to be fair in judgment or whatever. now that your mod shows them as red, you should say something in the intro about them how they are negative in some way. green sectors, more or less positive. red sectors, mainly negative. purple sectors, confusing.

4. You should edit the metadata.xml, the text that tells you about the mod on Slipstream Mod Manager, so that someone knows exactly what the mod gives you and is clear in what order it should be installed. At the current state it is not clear which pack goes first so you should change this in the metadata.xml as well as on the first post so that people know how to incorporate your mods. Remember, you provide the mods, but not everyone knows how they work.

I hope that you have read the criticisms presented here in a positive light, so that you may make your mod better, easier to understand, and overall more enjoyable. Thanks.
nono333

Postby nono333 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:52 am

Im preparing a new update for the Senario Pack so I will aplied some changes.

I french, its why Im not speaking english very well
nono333

Postby nono333 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Senario Pack Update 1.7 : add shield layout to engis, add an about option, change the crosshairs layout, fix bug.
Dikdraak

Postby Dikdraak » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:54 pm

I consider the typos (in particular 'senario' and 'advenced') and language errors to be very aggravating, but the content itself is well-thought out and (mostly) works like a charm. Well done (:

Protip: when you're not sure how to properly spell a word, try to do a quick Google-search. I'm not a native speaker myself and the tactic has worked out pretty well for me.
nyfu_

Postby nyfu_ » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:58 am

I need help peeps, 1st time to modding FTL, So I've downloaded all the packs but what do I get it working? I've tried "running" which in my brain is double clicking the Original pack to run it and so on so forth but I can't get it to work help please? This seems like a cool modpack(s)! :?
nono333

Postby nono333 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:36 am

Here a video how can help you : https://youtu.be/C-fB_mFhnVM
I hope it will help you.
nono333

Postby nono333 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:57 am

Senario Pack Update 1.8 : fix events bug, more events added, mouse layout changed
sul

Postby sul » Tue May 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi nono, just a question can i patch all the packs at once, since apparently some only add new ships ? Liked the rebel trapper black design super cool.