[SHIP][CE] Headhunter

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
MrRazerWolf

[SHIP][CE] Headhunter

Postby MrRazerWolf » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:48 pm

This is my first ship, its a corvette class federation ship that replaces Federation B. It is a splice, the shields are honestly terrible but its my first time into modding. It does require Captains Edition as I love the amount of weapon choice in it and both starting weapons are CE weapons.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7u2cnrm3g678 ... 2.ftl?dl=0

This class of ship was created in the waning months of the Federation as resources for cruisers and frigates dried up. They made the corvette class to be a cloak and dagger fighter, while also having the upside of being good blockade runners and requiring minimal crew, two people could potentially man the ship alone although four are suggested. You are now in command of this vessel, known as the Headhunter, get the information to the federation, and Captain..you have full permission to modify the ship.

P.S. This has not been tested extremely far into the game as I suck horribly, if anyone plays it and has feed back please let me know

Opps, forgot ftl file but anyway I updated the ship so it wont die horribly to anything with shields
Last edited by MrRazerWolf on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
MrRazerWolf

Re: [SHIP][CE] Headhunter

Postby MrRazerWolf » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:15 pm

I may switch out the current laser with a better one as enemies with even one shield are very hard to take down. Let me know what you think of that idea.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
MrRazerWolf

Postby MrRazerWolf » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:15 pm

and incase anyone decides to just look at replies or doesnt see it, download link is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7u2cnrm3g678 ... 2.ftl?dl=0
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:55 am

This looks really good for a first ship. I can't try it out since I don't have CE downloaded. But I'm glad you got this ship out, and fast too. :D Keep modding man, it's fun.
ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
MrRazerWolf

Postby MrRazerWolf » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:06 am

Haha, I plan on it :) Im gonna try to make better room layouts, and larger ships cause ive yet to make a layout that can have every system
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Looks really good, I shall have to give it a spin!

If you're open to suggestions, the only thing that stands out to me is that you could move the airlocks to the top and bottom right squares of the shield room.
It would make it slightly harder to vent the rear end of the ship, but much easier to vent the front end, and it would better match the hull graphics (the doors would end up where the air-lock hazards are on the sides of the ship).

The major problem with that, though, is that it would make the shield room pretty uninhabitable as it would be instantly vented every time there's a fire or intruders. That might be fixable by swapping it with with either weapons/medbay or the cloaking/O2 (I'd suggest moving it to behind the pilot, and replacing it with the weapons and cloaking rooms) - this gives you a little extra choice when venting.

Obviously, this is all theoretical and please don't feel obligated to make any changes. Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Also, I may have missed this, but which systems can you install on the ship, and where do they go?
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
MrRazerWolf

Postby MrRazerWolf » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:26 pm

I havent added any other systems yet, im trying to figure out where to fit them all without having every single room be a system, and i still need to put in a clone bay replacement at some point. I will definitely take your suggestions into account, im still trying to figure out the best way to do room layouts so this is all a test. Thank you for the feedback :)
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:49 pm

No worries!

I haven't got any links to share (maybe someone can help here) but I know a few ships have been built which can't actually hold all the systems.
They tend to be made by creators who want specific playstyles or challenges in their ships, and are good for people who want to try tactics they might otherwise avoid.

Possibly something to consider?
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
MrRazerWolf

Postby MrRazerWolf » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Possibly, I tend to try to challenge a cloaking playstyle, however I do like to give the option of shields, maybe ill just cut down the power so shields arent possible right at the start, that way its not to large of an investment
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]