[SHIP] Valarian nighthawk

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Inaire

[SHIP] Valarian nighthawk

Postby Inaire » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:57 am

Human lanius hybrid built because the wrong human found the right lanius. Lacks many modifications. most of the ship is left unfinished. Decent design had some set backs and i found that I rather lack the lanius race and ships.
Please leave comments and suggestions. (Feed Back Helps)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/n4a50w31a ... hthawk.png

I am painfully aware of the white in the wings that i have yet to completely remove. I will eventually fix the majority of this ship's problems. (Some of its artwork has been ruined due to a certain kitten jumping on my keyboard during editing and changing my work, and then saving it while her sister hit the power-surge and made it permanent. I advise no one keep important buttons within paw reach unless you want your things kitten ravaged.) ._.
Inaire

Re: [SHIP] Valarian nighthawk

Postby Inaire » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:39 am

made the third and final version of the nighthawk and I am happy with it. I removed all of the mess and polished it a bit. have fun
its not really that overpowered :lol:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/gpj9o189l ... l_base.png
mod
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3mcfr ... mark_3.ftl
Inaire

Postby Inaire » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:23 pm

no feed back?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:31 pm

Give it some time.
Someone might come along and make a video of it.
Inaire

Postby Inaire » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:04 am

I just hope the grammer nazies leave me alone lol :3
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:00 am

Inaire wrote:I just hope the grammer nazies leave me alone lol :3

*nazis
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:01 am

I've made a video run of this ship. Not bad, not bad at all.

http://youtu.be/WNWyhCqFv0g
(If it doesn't play, it's probably still processing)

I'd like to do a bit of nitpicking (graphic issues are not that. I've addressed those in the video and are not highly important):

1) Max systems. The ship seems to be designed for a Pre-AE run considering all the systems it has. Sure there's a backup battery but during my run, I hardly used Drone Control or the Backup Battery even when it would have been appropriate.
Instead of forcing me to use Drone Control, leave a spot open for the cool kids like Hacking or Mind Control. They can even go in the same room and since the ship has other systems, won't cause stacking issues.
Heck you could even have all the systems installed so we all can use our favourites (even artillery. Use a Federation Beam or something custom)

2) 6-person teleporter. Doesn't work. Only sends 4 people at a time. I have video evidence :lol:
Might want to fix that up or move the system.

3) Door placement. Some rooms look more difficult to reach than others despite the symmetry going on. An Engi in Engines has to take a long route through Lanius airless territory to reach damaged systems. Also, at one point I think someone teleported in Sensors

4) Guns. Ummm... perhaps get rid of the ion blaster? The dual laser busts shields just fine for the Mini Beam to deal damage. I know for an extra 25 Scrap all three guns can function and do more damage but well... early-game combos like that just don't sit right, especially when I saw the ion blaster as some extra Scrap at the very next store.

But yeah, the ship is just about as overpowered as the Lanius B if not more. But I like the Lanius B and the Nighthawk is an interesting ship. Of course, like all these mods I'm not going to say "Would fly again" because I've got lots of other things on my mind besides FTL. :lol:
Inaire

Postby Inaire » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:28 am

some great feedback. I removed some of the systems because some people complained about the excessive power my ships have. I make my ships for modded games like extended or captains edition etc. So the need for power is there. also i think hacking and mind control are fun luxuries. Yeah the white around the ship was caused by my cat hitting my keyboard at the right time and I couldn't remove all of it. I am glad you had the chance to use lanius with it because that was its design. I had no idea about the teleporting limit when i designed this ship. I try for a mix of themes and design choices and the names are what ever pops into my head when i make the ship. I don't reference anything or anyone that is known like birds, game of thrones lol etc.