An FTL Christmas Carol [SHIP]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

An FTL Christmas Carol [SHIP]

Postby stylesrj » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:14 am

Work on my massive Christmas in FTL mod is slow but I'm getting there. It's only 3 hours work from completion (so that's about 3 days... or 4) but in the meantime, here's a little snippet of what I've done so far.

The Candi Cane

(Replaces Engi B)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5e2anp2rgc8t8q1/A_Christmas_Carol.ftl

This ship and the events associated with it will be in the final Christmas mod.
There may be some conflict with Captain's Edition as I had to add a Ghost blueprint.

The main feature of this ship is the event at the start beacon. Fly solo with just your Human pilot or say "Bah Humbug" to that and fly with some classical Dickens-Era characters, futurised.

Features of the ship itself:
Airlocks nearly everywhere! This ship can vent everything in an emergency and quickly too.
Drones! Lots of drones! Go hog wild with drone parts. You have a hundred so no need for conservation in early sectors.
The Boarding Drone and Defense Drone are the equipment from the Flagship. They only use 2 power each so don't worry too much.
Dual laser. Because best gun and makes it easier to destroy enemy ships without having to wait for the Boarding Drone to do it.
An isolated room near the engines. If the enemy is so unfortunate to have teleported there, an easy kill via suffocation. Unless you bought an artillery system in mods that allow it. Because that's where the Glaive Beam is and you can't fix it. Ever (without the nano repair bomb)
Hilarious gibs. Go ahead, blow up the ship and watch what happens. You could say the ship got "licked." (Note: if gibs turn out funny as in poorly animated or in the wrong place, let me know. I tried fixing them.)

----------------------------

If you want, use Gencool's Christmas textures and events but they're not needed as this ship doesn't exactly feature Santa or his Elves really. But if you want to be festive, then use it!

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26636
stylesrj

Re: An FTL Christmas Carol [SHIP]

Postby stylesrj » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:25 am

Second post here in case I need to add stuff I guess or if I want to change this thread to something else.

Anyway, here's a festive, slaying song in the FTL fashion.

Code: Select all

Dashing through the stars
With the enemy closing fast
Over the shields they go
Blasting all the way! (PEW PEW PEW PEW)
Alarms on airlock ring
Marking a serious fight
What fun it is to shoot and sing
A slaying song tonight!

Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way.
Oh what fun it is to fly
With a Mantis ship to slay (hey!)
Jingle all the way;
Oh what fun it is to die
To a Mantis ship set to slay (hey!)

A jump or two ago
I thought we'd take on the spiders
And soon, Ensign Charlie Bright
Was defeated at the site,
The hull was breached and shot
Misfortune seemed our lot
We got into a storm
And then we all fought a bot.

Jingle all the way.
Oh what fun it is to fly
With a robot scout to slay (hey!)
Jingle all the way;
Oh what fun it is to die
To a robot scout set to slay (hey!)

Now the hull is red
Lost it on the first jump,
Taken by the Mantis tonight
and singing their slaying song;
Just try a Lanius B
Two teleporting at top speed
Hitch them with mind control
And Whoosh! You'll take the lead.

Jingle all the way.
Oh what fun it is to fly
With a Rebel flagship to slay (hey!)
Jingle all the way;
Oh what fun it is for them to die
To a Fed crew set to slay (hey!)

If you got any better ones, or know how to make this one better and more in tune, please do let me know :D
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n76j1Hy ... e=youtu.be well that was fun sorry for the wait
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:29 am

While I haven't watched all of the video yet (connection keeps dropping out), I've decided to take upon your challenge of a ship with 4 boarding drones to spread the Christmas cheer.
While I am putting this in, I've decided to make the drones a bit more festive as well...

Although I think the Ion Intruders are a bit too bright. But then again, they are pretty bright when they use their ion.

I can't seem to be able to make my own custom version of the ion intruder. I copied the code directly and all I got was a Boarding Drone
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:34 pm

stylesrj wrote:While I haven't watched all of the video yet (connection keeps dropping out), I've decided to take upon your challenge of a ship with 4 boarding drones to spread the Christmas cheer.
While I am putting this in, I've decided to make the drones a bit more festive as well...

Although I think the Ion Intruders are a bit too bright. But then again, they are pretty bright when they use their ion.

I can't seem to be able to make my own custom version of the ion intruder. I copied the code directly and all I got was a Boarding Drone

Strange about the Iron Intruder but I love the boarding drones design, and yay boarding party LOL Maybe even alter the code so you don't use drones during this ship run, just my thoughts
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:25 pm

Strange about the Iron Intruder but I love the boarding drones design, and yay boarding party LOL Maybe even alter the code so you don't use drones during this ship run, just my thoughts

I think I was going for a "Frosty the Snowman" look with them. Or a candy cane. That's the thing with my Christmas designs. Green and red or white and red.

I can't alter the code for drones, but what I can do is give the ship 500 free drones when you select the "Bren Special" so you don't have to worry about drones... ever.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:08 pm

stylesrj wrote:

I think I was going for a "Frosty the Snowman" look with them. Or a candy cane. That's the thing with my Christmas designs. Green and red or white and red.

I can't alter the code for drones, but what I can do is give the ship 500 free drones when you select the "Bren Special" so you don't have to worry about drones... ever.

*evil grin*