[Ship][AE][CE] The Firehazard

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

[Ship][AE][CE] The Firehazard

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:21 am

Sitting in the living quarters you notice an advertisement for a new line of cruisers.
You decide to watch it.

Advertisement
New ! From Slime Inc. : The Firehazard. Make your enemies burn !
"What does this fine new craft come equipped with ?" I hear you say. And right you are, don't just believe us, here's the run down.

Shields ! Can't go wrong with shields, stay safe why you burn out your enemies. You'll never have the worry about repairing!

Engines ! Making sure you got an escape plan! Dodge lasers and missiles like a pro with this baby installed. Jump to close to a sun? No worries, jump away in seconds !

Oxygen ! People need to breath, that's why this ship comes with a top of the line Oxygen system that's available for easy access! No more accidental death because of isolated life support. We promise.

Weapons! What you've all been waiting for. A state of the art firebeam, making sure to always keep the heat on your enemies. An Ion stunner, handy for taking down those pesky shields and for keeping your enemies close to the fire. Have to deal with a ship that fears no flame? Use this laser weapon to make them regret it !

Pilot ! Someone needs to fly this beast, make sure he's comfortable doing in it this fine leather seat !

Sensors ! Where's the fun in burning stuff if you can't even see it? We've got you covered with the latest sensors! (Upgrade required, parts not included)

Blast doors ! Got enemy personnel evacuating their ship as they can't stand the heat? Yes, we've thought about that too ! With these reinforced doors, they aren't going anywhere. And with plentiful airlocks, fire will be the least of their concerns.

Clone Bay ! Accidents happen, to avoid loosing any personnel, we've fitted this beauty with a clone bay. Want to go fight some giant spiders? Go right ahead !

Bonuses :
"You mean it's not over yet?" Oh no it isn't. We've fitted this ship with the ability to add even more systems ! Ranging from cloaking, to mind control and from drone control to a hacking system. Customize your ship the way you see fit ! (Check the manual for proper installation.)
"But that is just standard issue, isn't it" a fine customer as you will surely notice. That's why as a special offer, you can take the upgraded version of this ship (Captains Edition required) which also comes with an experimental artillery mount!
"This seems like an awesome deal, but what does it cost?" Glad you asked. For a meager payment of 11.999 scrap or 12 monthly payments of 1.100 you can bring the fire to your enemies right now ! (*)
(*) In case of accidental death, remaining payments to be paid by next of kin or ship will be repossessed.

Order right now ! Send a message to:

Slime Inc.
Station ED-0124
The forever-foggy Nebula.

You scribble down the address, turn of the broadcaster and prepare to make your first deposit.

Download :
Dropbox :https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq6uavr1dy8wb90/Firehazard.ftl?dl=0
Mediafire : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ji08pk800ufb5mr/Firehazard.ftl

Maiden voyage + showcase:
Part 1 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jos2g1PXbR0
Part 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wEPwr48MSI

P.S : First bit of "custom art". Needed to create the image for engine interior and drone interior.
In order to be able to use the artillery, you need the Captains edition installed :
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663

Credit :
Made with the Superluminal2 program
Hull art once again not mine. Believe it's from CE, not sure.
Last edited by Biohazard063 on Sun May 24, 2015 7:24 am, edited 11 times in total.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Re: [Ship][AE][CE] The Firestarter

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Neat little ship you made there, I'd add it to the master mod list, but beforehand I wanted to point out that the name is already taken. You might want to consider renaming the ship.
Biohazard063

Re: [Ship][AE][CE] The Firestarter

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Neat little ship you made there, I'd add it to the master mod list, but beforehand I wanted to point out that the name is already taken. You might want to consider renaming the ship.

Crud, ah well. First comes first serve. Renames it now, changed the name in Superluminal as well and notified the people viewing this on YT of it as well.
Should be fine now, unless someone took this name as well... :mrgreen:
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
Biohazard063

Re: [Ship][AE][CE] The Firehazard

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Firehazard? I see what you did there... :)

Seeing that it's an actual word and that's it's part of my YT name and Forum name here, it puts a nice stamp on it you know. One I can almost completely say of : I did that. :D
Channel link
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:03 pm

hmm a fire ship, when the holidays are over I'll play it LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:13 am

BrenTenkage wrote:hmm a fire ship, when the holidays are over I'll play it LOL

Tis the season to spread some warmth though ;) .
Channel link
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:25 am

wish it was the season to spread Ice Tea. It's to damn hot here. (Southern hemisphere)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:31 am

R4V3-0N wrote:wish it was the season to spread Ice Tea. It's to damn hot here. (Southern hemisphere)

Beats the weather here... 5-1 °C, windy and raining. Great weather to get a cold, and I did.
Channel link
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:17 am

Biohazard063 wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:wish it was the season to spread Ice Tea. It's to damn hot here. (Southern hemisphere)

Beats the weather here... 5-1 °C, windy and raining. Great weather to get a cold, and I did.

I love cold. I hate these 30-35 °C days.

Anyway I should probably talk about the ship should I?

I like the beam choice however I am not quite sure about the stun ion.
I am wondering if sensors are even needed... you got slug and slug ships often do not have sensors,
I think it'll be cooler if both doors and sensors where not available at the start and you have instead a mind control but my tastes are rather picky. :lol:

I am thinking off playing with it soon but nearly 100% of my time with FTL is testing my mod and making stuff.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.