Master Mod List

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
marksteele

Re: Master Mod List

Postby marksteele » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:21 pm

AtillaBosma wrote:
marksteele wrote:added new mods

(using this as a mini-bump. People seem to view this but they don't post :P)

(totally needs a sticky)

Alright, I made the mod GMM compatible, still don't know how to use the append feature though.

from what I understand what .append does is it goes through the file and does one of 2 things. Adds any new content to the end of the file OR changes existing values. I could be wrong though

also: updated with the new changes
AtillaBosma

Postby AtillaBosma » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:43 pm

marksteele wrote:
AtillaBosma wrote:
marksteele wrote:added new mods

(using this as a mini-bump. People seem to view this but they don't post :P)

(totally needs a sticky)

Alright, I made the mod GMM compatible, still don't know how to use the append feature though.

from what I understand what .append does is it goes through the file and does one of 2 things. Adds any new content to the end of the file OR changes existing values. I could be wrong though

also: updated with the new changes

Yeah, I just need someone to kind of show me how to use the .append feature, I just really don't get it.
zabbo2

Postby zabbo2 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Two thumbs up to OP.

I think it might be a good idea to make a sub-forum dedicated to mods and to have this a sticky there.
marksteele

Postby marksteele » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:03 am

zabbo2 wrote:Two thumbs up to OP.

I think it might be a good idea to make a sub-forum dedicated to mods and to have this a sticky there.

thats my hope as well but I believe the forum moderators/admins are all inactive for the most part

Also: updating with new mods
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 am

A quick update: the Obsidian is updated to Beta status, and is GMM-compatible.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2574

Also, a huge thank-you for this thread, it's been really handy in locating and pointing out the useful mod threads. Hopefully we'll get our own modding forum soon enough, but in the mean time this deserves a sticky of monumental proportions.
SSk77

Postby SSk77 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:43 am

My mod changed the name from SS Missiles to Plasma Shooter, update please.
marksteele

Postby marksteele » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:48 am

updated both.

(btw I really like the obsidian ship ^.^)
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:21 am

marksteele wrote:updated both.

(btw I really like the obsidian ship ^.^)

Why thank you :) Hopefully it'll be out of "beta" and finished soon. (One of my friends keeps insisting on custom interiors so... there's that too).
I'd also like to put in a request - I like the color coding for mods that are/aren't GMM compatible, but could you perhaps use a darker green? The neon bright one hurts my eyes, and I imagine a few others' as well.
Friendlystu16

Postby Friendlystu16 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:16 am

Anyone have an Idea on how to make it so Everything cost's nothing and Disable the rebel fleet to work at the same time?
buzzyrecky

Postby buzzyrecky » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:45 am

Friendlystu16 wrote:Anyone have an Idea on how to make it so Everything cost's nothing and Disable the rebel fleet to work at the same time?

That would be easy. If theres already mods with the append support, you can go get those, but if not, open the blueprint.xml and change the cost for each individual item to 0 (tedious, but if it's what you want then it's worth it, right?)

And then the fleet thing is a simple code already spread all over the boards (forget what it is exactly, but you've probably seen it by now)... just paste that into events where they said (I think it was under start beacon)

Then you're done. Woo.