[SHIP] Federation Defender

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] Federation Defender

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
(PS. I finished all 3 ships updated versions but I do not have any time to test them... want to be my private tester for this?)

Well I'm currently between games right now... (I'm Mount & Bored) so I could try testing some ships.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:08 pm

How did you get the missile beams to work? I tried doing that in my Lux Tempestas and the beam wouldn't consume missiles...I don't think the missile tag actually functions on BEAM weapons.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:52 am

NarnKar wrote:How did you get the missile beams to work? I tried doing that in my Lux Tempestas and the beam wouldn't consume missiles...I don't think the missile tag actually functions on BEAM weapons.

it actually didn't sadly. (But I made a 'rip off' beam that is actually a laser but it acts more like a laser that has a projectile that's very long.)

Does it say on the front page that it still does? I know the only other location and hints is the blueprints which has the blueprint of the weapon something like "AMMO_BEAM_[number]"

Apologies for derp.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:03 am

The Federation Defender type A has been thoroughly tested and is up for download now.

You can find it right here ====> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm5iu41nxu5cg ... e.ftl?dl=0

Or wait till the front page is updated after all 3 ships is tested.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 pm

stylesrj wrote:Also make buying shield systems Rarity 0, so it won't be in stores, taking up space that could be used for something else. This does mean Stealth Cruisers won't get them either.

:(
I have a ship with no shields. After seeing this conversation, I tested this system/augment issue myself since I'll need to update it for this. During my test, I noticed that shields were still available in the shop, despite having rarity of 0.

Hardcoding strikes again, which I suspect was added in the 1.5.13 patch when the medbay and clonebay were made to always be available, although I never did test it when AE came out. :x
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:25 am

RAD-82 wrote: :(
I have a ship with no shields. After seeing this conversation, I tested this system/augment issue myself since I'll need to update it for this. During my test, I noticed that shields were still available in the shop, despite having rarity of 0.

Hardcoding strikes again, which I suspect was added in the 1.5.13 patch when the medbay and clonebay were made to always be available, although I never did test it when AE came out. :x

That's interesting to know. What if the rarity was set to the same amount as the Crystal equipment? Then on the off-chance you get to the Crystal sector, you'll be unable to purchase anything because Shields will dominate everything :lol:
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:32 am

Most problems with the Type B is resolved however the bloody type C is still ruining all my hard work.

I checked again and again and there seems to be no errors besides superluminal corrupting / damaging 2 image files which I replaced manually.

Edit: good news! I eventually made it work. Bad news: the ship it replaces (Kestrel type C) isn't a ship I actually unlocked yet so I can't test it at the current moment :?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:32 am

Edit: good news! I eventually made it work. Bad news: the ship it replaces (Kestrel type C) isn't a ship I actually unlocked yet so I can't test it at the current moment :?

*needle scratch*

You haven't unlocked Kestrel C!? Stop what you're doing right now and go unlock Kestrel C. Shouldn't take too long, considering how easy the Kestrel B is to use :)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:39 am

stylesrj wrote:

*needle scratch*

You haven't unlocked Kestrel C!? Stop what you're doing right now and go unlock Kestrel C. Shouldn't take too long, considering how easy the Kestrel B is to use :)

I actually struggle quite a bit with the kestrel B :oops:

My favourite B lay outs has always been the stealth, engi, and zoltan...

please don't hurt me.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:28 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I actually struggle quite a bit with the kestrel B :oops:

My favourite B lay outs has always been the stealth, engi, and zoltan...

please don't hurt me.

I won't hurt you. But the Kestrel B's 4 lasers might :P