Playable CE Pirate Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Xen0n

Playable CE Pirate Cruiser

Postby Xen0n » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:26 am

[DISCLAIMER]: Yes, I know this mod is incredibly OP. I made it for myself but figured I would share it. If I get enough requests for a balanced version then I will make one. It is designed for casual players who don't really care about difficulty and just want to have fun destroying the Rebel fleet :) .

So, if you read the disclaimer you probably already know this is not for people who want FTL to be a challenge. But if you're like me, and you are a "lazy" player, this might be for you.

It comes with every system maxed, 60 power bars, 2 Defense III drones, Advanced Hull Repair drone, 2 Missile Flak batteries and...artillery? That's right ! You can now target your enemies with Rebel Fleet Artillery :twisted: ! Also, be on the lookout for another unique weapon in stores throughout the galaxy...

PDS Beam can be mounted on your ship! You can get it at a store for 120 scrap.

Note: This mod will NOT work if you don't have Captain's Edition installed. If you don't have it, get it. Even if you don't want to use my mod. You will thank me. It's awesome.

Download: http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/629384/file.html

Known bugs:
-Ion storm sectors will crash the game.
-Activating the Backup Battery will crash the game.
-Activating a CE Combat Augment will crash the game.
-I have had the game crash (occasionally) when hitting AI ships with the Missile Flak. Not sure if this is a problem with the ship or CE.

Credits:
-Sleeper Service for his amazing FTL Captain's Edition mod.
-While I wish I could say I made the awesome model that this ship uses, I can't. I got it from the CE files, and it was originally created by Lemmonade.
Created with kartoFlane's Superluminal2 ship editor. Without it, I couldn't have made this.
-I may have missed something, if anyone notices, let me know.
R4V3-0N

Re: Playable CE Pirate Cruiser

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:20 am

Well there are quite a few people who hate OP mods. But it's at least a tiny bit different and isn't using the boss weapons.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:41 am

-Activating the Backup Battery will crash the game.

Just so you know this also means if the enemy launches a Hacking Drone and it hits your Backup Battery, the game will crash as well.
So the system might as well not be there to avoid those issues.
Xen0n

Postby Xen0n » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:48 am

You might as well not buy the Backup Battery because it will be no use to you and it has 60 power anyway :). Be sure to let me know if there are any problems
Last edited by Xen0n on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Yeah, maximum power limit should pretty much be 25, no matter what. Some speculation in the CE thread leads me to believe that, maximum power without crashes or ion storms is 31. 32-4 battery = 27; this number doesn't include zoltans.
Xen0n

Postby Xen0n » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:13 am

I'm pretty sure that's what causes the crashes but having 60 power is just too good to pass up :)