Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Gidoza wrote:Mind you - how the Flagship is named to be recognized at all is rather confusing to me. Does it need to have nine iterations to work (EASY, NORMAL, HARD, plus all the DLC..., and 1, 2, 3), or does it load like other normal ships...? I guess I'll find out slowly...
If I remember correctly there is no extra variant for normal, but you'll nee all the the others for it to work. If you'd where to assume the player won't deactivate AE in the Hangar then you can skip the non DLC variants. However players who'd play non-AE would not see any changes. Same with easy. I think easy and normal both use the same boss. So if you want to cut corners you could only do the _hard variants, but then only players who'd play AE on hard would see the changes. Then again making the variants is basically just coppy pasting and changing some id. As long as you have a function boss you can just use it for all the variants. And of course you could make subtle alteration for the _hard variant, if you want the hard boss to be different than the regular one. But yeah all in all... you'll need four variants for each boss phase, 12 blueprints in total. They can use the same layout data though, you'll only need 12 different actual ship blueprints with the correct ids.

And yeah, I'd assume you have this figured out already, but just for the record: The boss data is called once the boss is spawned, so you can back up a save right before the boss encounter for quick testing. Any newly patched in mods should take effect even when the save had other mods installed.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:50 pm

You'll need a _dlc variant for both the easy and hard version of the boss.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:28 pm

I believe you're right, this is how vanilla does it - 3 difficulties * 3 phases * 2 DLC/non-DLC.

I think Sleeper_Service is talking about the layout files, with 4 layouts per phase each for connected weapon rooms (or modded equivalent of the Hard difficulty spike) or not connected rooms and DLC/non-DLC. You'd have non-DLC easier (not Easy, easier for Easy/Normal) loadout, non-DLC harder loadout, DLC easier, DLC harder. That's because there are only two variants for easier/harder rooms layout, but nothing is stopping you from adding more.

@edit
Wait, I re-read (ok maybe read them at all) some messages and the problem is that there is indeed a Normal layout. I can't tell for certain if the game alwaysuses it, but I believe it should, since at least for non-DLC, all the difficulties have differences (in vanilla). Easy non-DLC only has 3 shields, and hard non-DLC should still have connected rooms, so normal is necessary for the middle ground. Easy DLC and Normal DLC are the same in vanilla I'm quite sure.
Queen_Six

Postby Queen_Six » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Hey, I love this mod and joined the forums just to comment on it!

First of all, is there still some active balancing and/or bugfixing work done? Because I spotted a few things: (Playing with just AE content.)

1) The description of the healing nano-bots says "reverse-engeneered". Should be "reverse-engineered".
2) From glancing through the xml files, it seems like Beam II and Fire drones can't spawn on AE flagships, is that intentional?
3) The vanilla flagship has 4 drones in stage 2, but it seems like the randomized one only has 3? At least, the description only mentions 3 of them.
4) Last, my most recent flagship had a skeletal layout, that was quite noticeably off-center. Here's a picture:

http://imgur.com/dyhcYyC

I'd be happy to provide more detailed feedback, if there's still some active work done.
Marinealver

Postby Marinealver » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:10 am

Any chance of reloading the boss weapons and what they do?
Warp Drive or Hyperspace?
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:01 pm

Not sure why this doesn't already come with a file to run the jar on Mac. I wrote one myself to make it a little easier:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pagrn4w2c1h4k ... mmand?dl=0

Sticking this in the same directory as the FlagshipGenerator.jar file and running it should execute the randomizer without issue. In order to run it, the following command must first be entered into the terminal:

Code: Select all

chmod u+x /path/to/FlagshipGenerator.command
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage