[SHIP] The Wanderlust (ASB Cruiser)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] The Wanderlust (ASB Cruiser)

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:58 pm

25352 wrote:so this pseudo-ASB is unable to penetrate Zoltan Shield? and can it be deflected with level 2 defence drones?

Shield piercing is a funny thing. If the weapon does no hull or ion damage, it'll go right through a Zoltan shield to perform fires, hull breaches and crew damage inside.

But yeah I believe it doesn't go through Zoltan shields and because it is a projectile, Defense Drones Mk.II will shoot them down.

Now I've got to try this ship out and confirm that on camera.
Celepito

Postby Celepito » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:52 am

Yesterday I ran into a bug where the lower artillery room got destroyed (and repaired) and never functioned again (just wanted to point out)
Electrolf

Postby Electrolf » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Also this Ship makes a bug that no other ship can upgrade their Artillery systems :(
Yeah, maybe it would be better to make just one artillery with 2 ABS shots? :)
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Electrolf wrote:Also this Ship makes a bug that no other ship can upgrade their Artillery systems :(

That might be intentional. I can't remember. I think I might have changed the Artillery system cap on purpose, so the Wanderlust's artilleries couldn't be upgraded either. I'm not sure if that's actually the case though, I haven't looked at this mod in a while.

That is a very interesting glitch though.

A lot of ship mods modify system limits, so it's probably not wise to load multiple ship mods at once; if you play a ship mod it's best to stick to that particular ship.

Electrolf wrote:Yeah, maybe it would be better to make just one artillery with 2 ABS shots? :)

That would be more practical but less cool. This mod was made roughly 12 hours after I discovered the multiple artillery functionality in Superluminal, and was always meant as a bit of an experimental ship--the core idea was double artilleries.

I might build a single-shot ASB cruiser in the future, but that's not in the cards for now. And it won't be this ship.