[SHIP] The Wanderlust (ASB Cruiser)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Estel

Re: [SHIP] The Wanderlust (ASB Cruiser)

Postby Estel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:27 am

Whoa, this thing looks really unique! I'll glady download it and test... If it is (or gets) somehow balanced (more charging time for it's artillery? 3 weapon slots, instead of 4?), it may make really lore-friendly, canon ship.

/Estel
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Estel, it has two weapon slots--but for whatever reason, FTL requires a minimum of four weapon mounts before it can begin adding artillery mounts. (Or at least, that's what the limitation was last time I checked.) That plus the ASB artilleries gives it four total weapons.

However, I will consider bumping the charge time on the ASBs to 40 seconds...I think that's how often the event ASBs fire, right? Long enough, anyway, that you're not plowing through the game. On the other hand, since you can't upgrade past 40 second charge...

Some interesting considerations there. What do you think?
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:41 am

Seeing as you can't upgrade the time on them, it seems to me that having a longer charge time would take half the fun out of it. Battles taking too long can be boring at times, and you'd probably lose out a lot against the ships that jump away quickly :|a
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:40 am

NarnKar wrote:Estel, it has two weapon slots--but for whatever reason, FTL requires a minimum of four weapon mounts before it can begin adding artillery mounts. (Or at least, that's what the limitation was last time I checked.) That plus the ASB artilleries gives it four total weapons.

Thanks for the explanation - I wasn't aware about this limkitation. And I interpreted it wrong first time I've gone through description - I thought about 4 weapon slots, not 4 weapon levels. 2 weapon slots seems absolutely OK'ish for such ship.

NarnKar wrote:However, I will consider bumping the charge time on the ASBs to 40 seconds...I think that's how often the event ASBs fire, right? Long enough, anyway, that you're not plowing through the game. On the other hand, since you can't upgrade past 40 second charge...

Some interesting considerations there. What do you think?

40 seconds is base for artillery level 2 for artillery systems, and for ASB. And ASB cost 4 missiles per deployment in normal augment version. So, I think that having it the same 40 seconds for FREE, in every battle - while not using augment slot - isn't bad at all, even for late game.

But, condisering that it is also quite-like atillery, that you can't upgrade anyway... Just make it 30 seconds, and call it done ;) At any case, 20 seconds is too low, it's less than Glaive or Maul Beam, while being much better in terms of sheer firepower (mandatory breach and high fire chance in two places is GL & HF for most ship's crew, even without the "detail" of 6 damage ;).

/Estel
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:25 am

I don't know if it's been pointed out before but if you hit "restart" with a dual artillery system, the second artillery system vanishes. You have to go back to the hangar if you want it back.
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:46 am

Unexpected "ironman" (more than hard) mode? ;)
williamcll

Postby williamcll » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:23 am

Can't you just make the artillery really expensive when upgrading?

Also, there isn't a autofire button for some reason.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:04 pm

williamcll wrote:Can't you just make the artillery really expensive when upgrading?

I tried that, I really did! But for some reason, the system upgrade modifications just wouldn't go through. Twin artilleries are weird.

williamcll wrote:Also, there isn't a autofire button for some reason.

Maybe the fact that there's only two weapon slots ate the autofire button. I don't know. But you can toggle autofire yourself by holding CTRL as you aim a weapon; you can leave one weapon on auto and the other on manual this way.
Bruh

Postby Bruh » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:19 am

When I saw this ship I was just like "BRUH, Solid Play" It does need some patching up but, Gr8 mod m8 I r8 8/8 no h8 m8, Solid Play

Postby 25352 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:06 pm

NarnKar wrote:Image
The two ASB cannons. Each is a laser-type weapon that does 3 damage with 100% breach chance, and 30% chance of fire and stun. They take 20 seconds to charge. Being the ASBs that they are, they have 5 shield pierce.

so this pseudo-ASB is unable to penetrate Zoltan Shield? and can it be deflected with level 2 defence drones?