New Master Mod List for AE Compatible Mods?

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: New Master Mod List for AE Compatible Mods?

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:57 am

marksteele wrote:heh, no way I'm making another list. I had no idea it would end up this big when I started it tbh. Also some general feedback for the person making the spreadsheet. beware of opening up your spreadsheet to global edits. The more popular a thing is the more open to trolling/advertising it is.

Originally I had a few people vetting mods for compatibility and such but given the sheer number of mods nowadays that's not really a viable option.

I think it sound be fine to open the list up to global edits just to get it started, but then close it off after it's gotten long enough. You could PM a few trusted and active members of the community a key to edit the list so that not just one person has to maintain the list.
marksteele

Postby marksteele » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
marksteele wrote:heh, no way I'm making another list. I had no idea it would end up this big when I started it tbh. Also some general feedback for the person making the spreadsheet. beware of opening up your spreadsheet to global edits. The more popular a thing is the more open to trolling/advertising it is.

Originally I had a few people vetting mods for compatibility and such but given the sheer number of mods nowadays that's not really a viable option.

I think it sound be fine to open the list up to global edits just to get it started, but then close it off after it's gotten long enough. You could PM a few trusted and active members of the community a key to edit the list so that not just one person has to maintain the list.

That might work. Make a form that anyone can enter mods into and then just have a few trusted community members look them over and copy-paste them into the main form.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Well OK then. Karto do you want to post the list in a new thread and ask for a sticky?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:10 am

Ah well, I've been slacking off a bit -- I've yet to actually try working on the suggestions that's been made. I think tags would be good, though my initial attempt to get them to work in some sensible fashion yielded no positive results.

As for PMing keys, that's what I was thinking too, though first I'd need to make sure that the scripts don't get messed up / end up creating backups on every maintainer's Drive.

The idea to have a form with fields to fill out is another good one -- it looks like there's something along those lines available in the spreadsheets API. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Does this become sticky now or what?
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:48 pm

I'm still polishing the spreadsheet a bit. I've added a form to add mods, now I'm considering whether to write a script that automatically updates the mod list, or leave it up to maintainers to add them manually. Or just leave it as it is currently, where anyone can modify the spreadsheet.

I'm also considering moving the list over from my private account over to a dedicated one that would be accessible by maintainers... This would allow any maintainer to restore backups, tweak the script to add new features, modify appearance, etc.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL