Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: Shiny! Complete UI Overhaul v0.96

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:19 am

FortunaDraken wrote:Hee, the loading graphic is cute...everything seems fine! All working as it should c: And I don't have the portraits, yaaaay X3 Now if only it was in purple... :p

Well I'm glad you got the mod to work, I'm still not sure what went wrong with the vanilla portraits still then. When I update that I will send it to you personally and hopefully it will work.

You know, I was at one point considering making different colored versions of the mod, maybe a program could alter all the hues on each image, I'm not sure... But anyway if you look on the bottom of page 2 you'll find a link to some alternate color schemes I was trying out. Maybe "one day" I'll get around to making this in purple. :P
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:You know, I was at one point considering making different colored versions of the mod, maybe a program could alter all the hues on each image, I'm not sure...

That would be amazing. Any image editing program with batch conversion will be able to do that. (phototshop definately can, but its much more complicated in gimp)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:You know, I was at one point considering making different colored versions of the mod, maybe a program could alter all the hues on each image, I'm not sure...

That would be amazing. Any image editing program with batch conversion will be able to do that. (phototshop definately can, but its much more complicated in gimp)

Thanks!!! Maybe I'll have to request another favor from rannl then. :mrgreen: I'd live to be able to do that. I always wanted to have different UI colors when playing as different factions.

Forgive me for my naiveté, I know it is now possible to change hues and textures. It should be be possible then to replace a certain color with another, right?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Yeah, photoshop can pretty much perform any action as batch conversion, it can also do multiple things after each other I think.
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:32 pm

The only issue with the colour conversions, that I've found anyway (because I opened up the FTL file to have a look how it was put together and tinkered on it in Paint.NET) is that the colours are fairly easy to just hue-shift, but you can end up with strange other colours on the menus. I hue-shifted one to purple, and the normal menu background went a funky green colour that wasn't entirely nice to look at. It was very strange.

The glows are also harder to change for that reason, but I imagine if you have the layered image without the background on in, it would be easier.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 pm

Well there is also the replace color function, that might work more reliably. Gimp also has selective hue-shift, but it has its limits. Not sure how that works on phototshop.
FreakinZombie

Postby FreakinZombie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:02 am

Hello. :D I just started using this mod, and it looks really nice. However, it seems to have a few issues when used with the Captain's Edition ships.

First, you can see that the Lanius' back lighting is off center, so it looks kind of strange. Second, Engi cruiser C has some added blacked out rooms that look really strange. I haven't noticed it on any other ships yet, but I haven't really looked too much so far.

I tried patching the game without Captain's Edition and just this mod only, and neither of these problems existed.

Oh, you'll have to open that image in a new tab. Sorry; I don't know how to make it appear fully.
I do Let's Plays for FTL: Captain's Edition and some other mods as well. If you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 94Z-L1TDrq
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:13 am

...wow-ee that was. Something. Apparently the CE version of this and Infinite don't play nice on my laptop! Various people on various ships were glitched out (and I don't mean coloured blob version, we're talking full on Missingno. levels of glitched) and cycling between various stats of glitched. That was weiiiiiiird.
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:08 am

Боже мой. Полгода были жуткие проблемы с этим форумом, и тут все прошло. Я прихожу - а здесь уже русский рокмэн хозяйничает! =) Определенно рад видеть соотечественника, да еще и знатного моддера. Отдельный поклон за то что помогаешь с Капитанской Редакцией. Это мой самый любимый мод и ты сделал его еще лучше!

My god. It was a half of the year since I had those strange forum issues that didn't let me in. Now the issue is gone, I am here and whadda ya know - a russian rockman bossing around! =) I am definitely glad to see a fellow Russian who also a modder. Also thank you for helping Sleeper Service with CE. It's my favorite mod and you made it even better!
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:47 am

I was watching a 5thHorseman video, and it appears that the PDS shot isn't visible. I took a quick look at the vanilla Shiny and it lacks animation code. I assume the CE one works because it gets the code from CE and you forgot to put that code into the vanilla version.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.