[SHIP] Obsidian Cruiser v1.3

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser v1.3

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:51 am

I think I'll play this ship tomorrow. I was going to play the banana ship. :P

I'm taking a quick look at things tonight before I get around to playing it. I was mainly curious as to what advanced tags from SMM this ship would need. I see it's just the music. 8-)

One thing I noticed was the cloak image. The base is 736 x 488, meaning the cloak should be 756 x 508, but the cloak is 758 x 506. It seems some numbers got swapped. :lol: I suppose it doesn't make that big of a difference by being off by 2 pixels.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Kieve

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser v1.3

Postby Kieve » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:21 am

RAD-82 wrote:One thing I noticed was the cloak image. The base is 736 x 488, meaning the cloak should be 756 x 508, but the cloak is 758 x 506. It seems some numbers got swapped. :lol: I suppose it doesn't make that big of a difference by being off by 2 pixels.

:shock:
It's been like that forever, honestly. Keep in mind, this ship was built pretty much at the dawn of time (FTL modding-wise), so the 10px rule about cloaking wasn't common knowledge - I lined it up best as I could visually through trial & error. Even so, I'll make sure it's the first thing fixed on the list when there's a 1.3.1 to be released. I still intend to rework the other room sprites at some point, and adding a second Obsidian ship and more weapons isn't out of the question either...
RAD-82

Re: [SHIP] Obsidian Cruiser v1.3

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:16 pm

I finished my run with the ship. It had a rough start, due to poor evasion and lack of power for both weapons and shields. I got beat up in the first fight against a Zoltan ship with drones. Then my next fight was against another Zoltan ship. It was rough with my slow weapons. :x I pulled through and steamrolled the end, eventually maxing every system before the flagship. I even resisted the urge to sell the obsidian weapons for some quicker ones.

Music seems fine. It wasn't until some of my fights were almost over that I noticed it was different. It really blends in well for someone who isn't paying attention to the music.

Bug report: When I clicked Validate with SMM, it noticed <gib1> had a </gib2> tag. I didn't die, so I don't know what would happen when the ship blows up.

Edit: I forgot, the Drone System only came with one power. It wasn't a problem for me in this run, but I know some people prefer that it comes with two power so that it can use defense drones right away.

Edit: Steam moved their screenshots from steampowered to steamusercontent. I don't know when this happened, but I noticed it on March 7, 2015. I had to go through most of my posts where I knew I used Steam screenshots. I hope I didn't miss any.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:19 pm

RAD-82 wrote:Bug report: When I clicked Validate with SMM, it noticed <gib1> had a </gib2> tag. I didn't die, so I don't know what would happen when the ship blows up.

FTL ignores the name of the closing tags, so it has no effect whatsoever.
That said, it's still malformed XML, though it's a pretty common mistake in the vanilla files...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:45 pm

kartoFlane wrote:
RAD-82 wrote:Bug report: When I clicked Validate with SMM, it noticed <gib1> had a </gib2> tag. I didn't die, so I don't know what would happen when the ship blows up.

FTL ignores the name of the closing tags, so it has no effect whatsoever.
That said, it's still malformed XML, though it's a pretty common mistake in the vanilla files...

It worked so I never gave it a thought, but now that it's been pointed out, the tag has been fixed. As has drone power (will start with 2 now) and the cloak size.
It amazes me that even after all this time there's still things that need fixing or tweaking.
On that note, I might need to revise a "CE" version of this that speeds up the weapons a little. Balanced against vanilla they work just fine, but CE ups the ante a little with so much alternative firepower - makes playing the Obsidian tougher than I had intended. Thoughts?
Michelle Johnson

Postby Michelle Johnson » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Just beat the game for the first time with this ship. :D :D :D :D :D :D (Excuse my overuse of emoticons. I'm just happy)

Thank's Kieve for making such an amazing ship.

(Dat Singularity Projector)
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:11 am

Gratz \o/
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Michelle Johnson wrote:Just beat the game for the first time with this ship. :D :D :D :D :D :D (Excuse my overuse of emoticons. I'm just happy)

Quite welcome. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it, although the Retribution doesn't seem to get as much love as it used to. Too many quality ship mods out there these days, I guess. :lol:
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Kieve wrote:
Michelle Johnson wrote:Just beat the game for the first time with this ship. :D :D :D :D :D :D (Excuse my overuse of emoticons. I'm just happy)

Quite welcome. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it, although the Retribution doesn't seem to get as much love as it used to. Too many quality ship mods out there these days, I guess. :lol:

The Obsidian Cruiser is still a damn good ship mod, and is pretty much one of the best out there.
rapdactyl

Postby rapdactyl » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:17 pm

Are there any plans to update this for AE?