[SHIP] Obsidian Cruiser v1.3

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Poozeh

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser v1.2.2

Postby Poozeh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 am

Seeing the gameplay videos really made me want to try this one out! Except... cant get it to work.

Moved it to /mods folder alongside with my other ones (no fleet & beginning scrap) and launched the game. However, cant see it in the hangar??
GMM shows it just fine, just cant get it to appear in-game. What could be the problem? :|

Tried out other custom ships as the "Viper", it worked just fine. Am I missing something here? Please, reply as soon as possible!

-Poozeh
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:47 am

Poozeh wrote:Seeing the gameplay videos really made me want to try this one out! Except... cant get it to work.

Moved it to /mods folder alongside with my other ones (no fleet & beginning scrap) and launched the game. However, cant see it in the hangar??
GMM shows it just fine, just cant get it to appear in-game. What could be the problem? :|

Tried out other custom ships as the "Viper", it worked just fine. Am I missing something here? Please, reply as soon as possible!

-Poozeh

Well, assuming you were checking the correct ship slot (Viper replaces the default Kestrel so it's the first thing you see - however the Obsidian swaps out the Engi-B variant), the only other reason I can think of why it wouldn't populate is some kind of mod conflict. What other mods are you using (and in what order? Post modorder.txt list please!).
Jonfon

Postby Jonfon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:25 pm

This ship is hands down my favourite looking one I've come across so far. I love your ship designs. Love the weapons animations as well.

Having to choose between the two weapons initially thanks to their power drains makes for an interesting choice. At first I was getting my ass handed to me a bit until I realized that a lot of the survivability at the start is via well timed cloaks while you wait for your weapons to recharge.

The Particle cannon is pretty powerful, but since it's basically a "choose one or the other" it doesn't seem too overpowered and it's somewhat vulnerable to weapons being partially disabled. I was questioning if it really needs the Shield Pierce since it's a 3 volley shot but that's what gives it its distinction really, otherwise it's just another Laser Burst.
ImplacableTardigrade

Postby ImplacableTardigrade » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Singularity projector missed 3 times in a row the first battle.

:O

Also the cloak was immediately broken (Even within the hangar) It could be neither powered nor repaired.
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 pm

ImplacableTardigrade wrote:Also the cloak was immediately broken (Even within the hangar) It could be neither powered nor repaired.
sounds like conflict from another mod, try loading it by itself and see if you still have this issue?
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
Dewdrop

Postby Dewdrop » Tue May 28, 2013 3:04 am

This mod looks incredible, would love to try it but MediaFire is giving me "Archived Download Blocked". Is this just me, or is there a chance for a mirror?
966socho

Postby 966socho » Tue May 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Yeah Mediafire decided to paywall their downloads, which is just going to lead to their downfall. I'd give you a mirror, but I'm not in my laptop. :?
LOLZdude12

Postby LOLZdude12 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:16 pm

966socho wrote:Yeah Mediafire decided to paywall their downloads, which is just going to lead to their downfall. I'd give you a mirror, but I'm not in my laptop. :?

Could you release on another website?
966socho

Postby 966socho » Wed May 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Keep in mind I'm not the author of this mod, so I would only be giving you a copy of the released file. Also, I'm not on my laptop, like I stated, so I don't have access to the file to upload for you.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:43 am

966socho wrote:Yeah Mediafire decided to paywall their downloads, which is just going to lead to their downfall. I'd give you a mirror, but I'm not in my laptop. :?

Wait, what? *checks*
Well they've changed the interface around but even logged out of my account I was still able to DL it.
That being said, I've posted my mods to dropbox as well and will update the OP with a link as soon as I'm done typing this post.