[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.d

Postby stylesrj » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:25 am

Which event was it you got the fuel from?
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:34 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:and also the kind of odd use of the stations... I know technically speaking they can face any angle/ side, but some of them look quite awkward firing 'Sideways" form what we are used to, and also some stations got the weapons facing up instead of right as well... will flipping of the ships hull and direction occur at some point?

So I got a new PC and FTL now starts in mere seconds which is reaaally nice and... yeah.
I think the ones that need to be flipped to be facing right are the Zoltan, AI, Engi and maybe Rebel, Mantis, and Lanius stations.
The Fed, pirate, rock and crystal stations should probably remain facing upwards.
And I was also thinking of the addition of an ASB station...

R4V3-0N wrote:Possibly we/you can do 3 Rebel stations. (I can help you make them and it'll be a bit unique... familiar with the "Antique" or "old" rebel ships that are in CE? I could make an "old" rebel station the same way the current one is made... same kinda style that or I can simply use the same kind of paint scheme as the antique ones and do minor edits.) while the type C could be a pirate?

That's a good idea and I'd appreciate your help ;)

Lastly, i'd like to thank you for your review which was very helpful and informative.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:22 pm

stargateprovider wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:and also the kind of odd use of the stations... I know technically speaking they can face any angle/ side, but some of them look quite awkward firing 'Sideways" form what we are used to, and also some stations got the weapons facing up instead of right as well... will flipping of the ships hull and direction occur at some point?

So I got a new PC and FTL now starts in mere seconds which is reaaally nice and... yeah.
I think the ones that need to be flipped to be facing right are the Zoltan, AI, Engi and maybe Rebel, Mantis, and Lanius stations.
The Fed, pirate, rock and crystal stations should probably remain facing upwards.
And I was also thinking of the addition of an ASB station...

R4V3-0N wrote:Possibly we/you can do 3 Rebel stations. (I can help you make them and it'll be a bit unique... familiar with the "Antique" or "old" rebel ships that are in CE? I could make an "old" rebel station the same way the current one is made... same kinda style that or I can simply use the same kind of paint scheme as the antique ones and do minor edits.) while the type C could be a pirate?

That's a good idea and I'd appreciate your help ;)

Lastly, i'd like to thank you for your review which was very helpful and informative.

No problem.

Just let me know what's the plan of action for the stations and if I am needed to make the additional layouts needed ie the rebel station idea and what exactly of my few ideas you wanted for the station specifically.
And I do think using the normal skins from FTL/ CE [?]

Also I am making several weapon packs which you can use for this mod. Atm all I released is a ballistics mod (Autocannons (worse then laser counterpart, but the higher marks get better Rate of fire instead of simply fire more, giving it a 'unique' edge. simply made as a cheap common federation weapon), ultra autocannons (same as normal autocannons but more expensive, rare, and fires twice), rotary auto cannons (kinda similar to vulcan?)) and in an update that is coming very soon gauss rifles and coil guns (high velocity pierce 1 shield 1 damage semi long reload weapons that cause breaches. planning on having blue events for them much later which adds options to attack enemies at range which can scare them away, cause damage and early surrender option or cause damage and they attack you with less crew/ system levels or slight chance of insta kill. another part of update is adding machine guns... just rapid fire rate weapons (3-5 seconds) that do nothing but anti personal damage)

Beyond supplying weapons for this mod I could also help you out with some possibly layout ideas or weapon requirements... I researched into this game a lot in depth and can help with what kind of weapons would be logical on a specific factions ships and such- which can help you out I think as you kinda need to move the AE content to the type C's and such... not trying to dictate your mod or anything- I just like it enough that I want to help it a bit more...

I've also been thinking and CE does have an odd-ball option: "asteroid station", from memory it goes for the militia or rockman races or pirate and it is rather unique looking. could be the odd-ball option we're looking for...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:31 pm

I think you should make the Rebel station B in the antique style and shape and the type C should be a pirate version of the type A.

R4V3-0N wrote:Beyond supplying weapons for this mod I could also help you out with some possibly layout ideas or weapon requirements... I researched into this game a lot in depth and can help with what kind of weapons would be logical on a specific factions ships and such- which can help you out I think as you kinda need to move the AE content to the type C's and such... not trying to dictate your mod or anything- I just like it enough that I want to help it a bit more...

Well, I need some weapons to replace the AI stations weapons, because they're all AE. You could also help by suggesting how to balance the stations that currently rely on AE content.

I'll check the ballistics mod again after the update, right now there wasn't much weapons I could use.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:00 pm

I think you need to overall change what the ai stations look like because quite a few patches later the ai stations look like this... Image

I will start on the Antique rebel station soon. ^^
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:58 am

GO BALLISTIC! version 1.2 "GAUSS WHAT!?" update has been released. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26840

Adding some more weapons, however I will soon start making some normal laser weapons and beams. This includes beams that pen 1 shields as well as the original anti bio beam and some other things along those lines.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Anduqwer

Postby Anduqwer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:19 pm

What is with the 0a,0b,0c,0d thing like do i need them all or just one?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:01 pm

Anduqwer wrote:What is with the 0a,0b,0c,0d thing like do i need them all or just one?

just one, the earlier ones in the alphabete are just older versions of this mod which is important to keep up here incase the next version has some problems as this mod is in beta and mistakes can cause damage. However after awhile I would expect to see some of those download links to come down.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Anduqwer

Postby Anduqwer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:37 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:just one, the earlier ones in the alphabete are just older versions of this mod which is important to keep up here incase the next version has some problems as this mod is in beta and mistakes can cause damage. However after awhile I would expect to see some of those download links to come down.

Makes sense because i took a look in some of them and took some of the ship img files to color the missing ones and i thought it was odd that they repeated. I feel dumb for getting all of them now :oops:.
Anduqwer

Postby Anduqwer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:52 pm

I had this run on the AI Station type B and i got to a point where my drone control was destroyed so i couldn't repair anything and a lanius was boarded and couldn't leave because i killed the enemy ship too fast so it was destroying everything. Suffice it to say i got killed (And it was my best run yet) which brings the question: Is there a way to make drone control auto repair like the rest of the systems or is it hardcoded into the game?