[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.f

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Captain Trek wrote:
stargateprovider wrote:To clear some things up now; the number of times you can wait isn't supposed to be randomised at all and if it is.. well... As far as I know, I set the fleet back about 65 jumps and it should always be that way. If it's not then that means problems.

Huh. That is a... really, really weird bug, then...
I think fleet delay is still bugged in the regard that it does not reset when hitting the "restart" button after you die. This might be what caused that super long delay. (Fleet delay will behave correctly if you go back to the hangar screen after dying.)
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:38 am

Except, Sleeper, that I always go back to the hanger and have never used the "restart" button...

As for the asteroid base, I'll check out what you've done with it and report back.

EDIT: OK, so I had a look at it and you definitely need to scrap the idea of the ASB being a drone. When I first saw it I almost fell out of my chair laughing at what for a brief moment seemed like the greatest thing I'd ever seen in FTL history, but once the novelty of how ridiculous it was wore off, the realization of how incredibly slow and vulnerable it was began to set in. It will be useless against ships with anti-combat drones, require micro against ships with cloaks, and doesn't possess the satisfying audio or visual feedback that makes the ASB satisfying to use. Not only that, but the drone itself is so ridiculously huge it actually obscures what's going on over on the enemy ship!

Per contrast, the ASB augment is groovy. No micro needed and you get to watch the asteroid platform in the background fire away at your enemy. I think if you want the asteroid base to have an ASB, you'll probably just have to wear giving every encounter a pre-combat event to make the augment activate. Either that, or just have it be active all the time (creating a double-edged sword whereby the presence of the ASB makes it much harder to pursue boarding and de-crewing strategies for extra rewards).

Alternatively, do you think it would be possible to make the ASB into an artillery system? Because you could that.

Oh, and the asteroid base desperately, DESPERATELY needs at least some kind of defences. Having absolutely no way to prevent incoming damage beyond a low dodge chance is going to make the base a nightmare to try and play seriously, regardless of how entertaining the ASB may be as a novelty. I do love the asteroid base design itself, though, and I almost think it would be better to replace the two AI Stations with variations of this base. The AI Station A is a chore to play anyway and AI-controlled ships in FTL mods are always a bit wonky because those kinds of ships were never intended to be playable.
Nightwinter

Postby Nightwinter » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:01 pm

I'm looking forward to play this mod ! Always wanted to have my own Space station like X-rebirth xD Keep it up with the good work!

Ps: shouldn't this w.i.p be in Developer section?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Nightwinter wrote:shouldn't this w.i.p be in Developer section?

It fits under the Working Mods sub-forum since it is functional, that is, it has a working download
maybe you haven't seen this?
lapizzamanilla

Postby lapizzamanilla » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Loving this idea, gonna play it as soon as I can!

Suggestion: Replace CLoaking name with Jamming, which throws off enemies' aims. Instead of the usual cloaking image, perhaps make the screen static?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:11 pm

What's wrong with the idea of the space station phasing partially into another dimension to avoid projectiles?
Even Captain's Edition uses "hides heat signatures" because somehow an FTL drive is fine, energy beings with freaking magical powers (Wise man!) and animated rocks and organic nanobots are fine, but not dimensional phasing?
assistancerobot

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job

Postby assistancerobot » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:38 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Just a though: It might be worth to check if req="reactor" lvl="x" works. That would be awesome, cause this way you could gauge the players upgrade progress very directly, which in return would allow you to simulate dynamic enemy progression.

That's how the game scales enemies (within each sector)
saqib126

Postby saqib126 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:05 am

Is CE content included? As in weapons, enemy ship encounters, etc? If so, is CE a dependency?
Anduqwer

Postby Anduqwer » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:32 pm

saqib126 wrote:Is CE content included? As in weapons, enemy ship encounters, etc? If so, is CE a dependency?

The only CE content included are some of the station graphics but that's where the line is drawn so it is definitely not a dependency but it can be used with it.
saqib126

Postby saqib126 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:12 am

Anduqwer wrote:
saqib126 wrote:Is CE content included? As in weapons, enemy ship encounters, etc? If so, is CE a dependency?

The only CE content included are some of the station graphics but that's where the line is drawn so it is definitely not a dependency but it can be used with it.

thx, i`m gonna try this out with CE.