[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Anduqwer

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.e

Postby Anduqwer » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:11 pm

Glad to see the Slug A has it's shield fix now. I would really like to know what you did because i couldn't get it to work for the life of me.
Also even though the changelog says you changed weapons to face the right way i noticed that the fourth weapon in slug a is pointing upwards anyway.

EDIT: The shield fix for the Slug A made me so happy I was motivated (and lucky enough) to finish the game with it. The boss was a bit too easy to be honest due to lack of engines on it.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:12 pm

stargateprovider wrote:Yeah, the idea is good until You get in to an asteroid field.

This is what happens in the asteroid field after just five seconds. In a minute or two the station got destroyed and that's without any combat.

Sure, It doesn't always end like that, but its pretty dangerous, especially since you can't avoid much due to weak engines.

And don't ask about the two cursors...

That's not because of 5 layers of shield. That's because you entered an asteroid field without assigning a combat event. I get the same problem in Captain's Edition whenever I explore an asteroid field. I find a lot of scrap, followed by constant bombardment over several seconds, some mercy, then another barrage just after I get my engines fixed :x
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:35 am

shield regen augments- defence drones, stealth, etc can help with the rapid asteroid of doom. From memory in SJ the option to get into an asteroid field is mainly player choice yes? it can be avoided if you know for certain you will die.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:39 pm

stylesrj wrote:
stargateprovider wrote:Yeah, the idea is good until You get in to an asteroid field.

This is what happens in the asteroid field after just five seconds. In a minute or two the station got destroyed and that's without any combat.

Sure, It doesn't always end like that, but its pretty dangerous, especially since you can't avoid much due to weak engines.

And don't ask about the two cursors...

That's not because of 5 layers of shield. That's because you entered an asteroid field without assigning a combat event. I get the same problem in Captain's Edition whenever I explore an asteroid field. I find a lot of scrap, followed by constant bombardment over several seconds, some mercy, then another barrage just after I get my engines fixed :x

R4V3-0N wrote:shield regen augments- defence drones, stealth, etc can help with the rapid asteroid of doom. From memory in SJ the option to get into an asteroid field is mainly player choice yes? it can be avoided if you know for certain you will die.

Oh, alright. Based on what I had heard I thought it was because of the shield.

Then there's the thing that whenever I power the fifth shield layer, it makes the first shield bubble icon kinda purple, like it's being hacked. Is there a way to change that?
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:12 pm

must be an AE thing O_o before hand it keeps going towards the right if like normal- unless I do not understand how extra power to systems work because I never successfully done a mod like that...

Look at some of the older examples? I know there was 1 mod that added a 5th shield an made a UI change... -shrugs-.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:10 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:must be an AE thing O_o before hand it keeps going towards the right if like normal- unless I do not understand how extra power to systems work because I never successfully done a mod like that...

Look at some of the older examples? I know there was 1 mod that added a 5th shield an made a UI change... -shrugs-.

I know, I've played that mod before AE, then it was fine. Now it also has the purple bubble thing too. I've checked the game's resources, but that didn't help either.
Image Image
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:57 pm

I'm glad the game actually has a UI update for more than 4 layers of shield. Who cares if it's purple, you've got 5+ layers!
nightshark115

Postby nightshark115 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:01 am

i have a idea! you should make the type c ship of the AI ships the AI satellite from captains edition! it's practically a station, and it looks like a great ship.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:46 am

nightshark115 wrote:i have a idea! you should make the type c ship of the AI ships the AI satellite from captains edition! it's practically a station, and it looks like a great ship.

There are several AI ships in CE, but I couldn't find the one you mentioned. Which one did you mean exactly?
Image Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:05 am

stargateprovider wrote:
nightshark115 wrote:i have a idea! you should make the type c ship of the AI ships the AI satellite from captains edition! it's practically a station, and it looks like a great ship.

There are several AI ships in CE, but I couldn't find the one you mentioned. Which one did you mean exactly?

He meant the Auto Satellite, which I should mention right now and say it isn't the best idea as it is to small and have 0 chance of being inhabitable by any race besides ghost/ lanius... no medbay either can be fitted.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.