[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.c

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 28, 2015 7:18 pm

stargateprovider wrote:That never happened to me and it shouldn't happen at all, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Sometimes my first encounter has two or three layers of shields, but that's Normal Difficulty for you. They drop down to one shortly afterwards only to pick up again a few jumps later.

And again, that should be fixed. Does that happen with every stronger foe or just some certain enemy?

Mentioning those encounters by Klokinator - you wipe out a whole crew only to get Drone parts in return? Sure Drone Parts are hideously expensive but I'd rather take the cash please.

Although I haven't encountered ships which just gave me Drone Parts in return. I've always got something like ten Scrap.
baconpancakes9

Postby baconpancakes9 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:13 pm

stargateprovider wrote:Thanks!
And to answer everything,

baconpancakes9 wrote:waaayyy too much crystal stuff. often you can find two crystal weapons in your store.

Crystal weapons are already as rare as they can be (rarity 5)

seriously? in one play I got a lockdown, heavy crystal II and burst crystal from my store ALONE.

what about crystal ships? I fought about ten in that play.
wow, this is a nice signature...
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat May 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Awesome! Once, I had *exactly* this idea, a CE content mod that puts you into perspective of station owner/manager... But it was way above my head to actually code in. Really glad that someone more knowledgeable took the effort. Will certainly watch the progress of it!

/Estel
Awesome Warlord

Postby Awesome Warlord » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:32 pm

YOU MUST REPLACE ENGI C :
If you need help , just tell me
Dpmon

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.d

Postby Dpmon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:18 pm

you can make it so one has to spend a certain number of turns as a space station until a 'ship picks you up and takes you to the next sector', [make the station/ship change into a ship with engines and piloting, reactivate rebel pursuit, and once it makes its way to the exit beacon and jumps to the next sector, make it a station again] and in the last stand, you are in a station that orbits the federation base.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:31 pm

Dpmon wrote:make the station/ship change into a ship with engines and piloting, reactivate rebel pursuit, and once it makes its way to the exit beacon and jumps to the next sector, make it a station again

Sadly, You can't change your ship/station mid-game if that's what you meant.

...And my PC broke down (memory is corrupt) so I can't do much modding right now.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
STOPDOINGTHAT

Postby STOPDOINGTHAT » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:31 pm

The guy that's selling the missile drone schematic for 30 drone parts is WAAAAAAY to common, in my first run (for now 20 or so minutes) I've encountered him like 5 times.
STOPDOINGTHAT

Postby STOPDOINGTHAT » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:39 pm

STOPDOINGTHAT wrote:The guy that's selling the missile drone schematic for 30 drone parts is WAAAAAAY to common, in my first run (for now 20 or so minutes) I've encountered him like 5 times.

Since I posted that I found it again.
EDIT: After 2 minutes passed, the same encounter happened.
EDIT 2: Also, the AI ship that doesnt accept you not buying things from it. 3 in a row now.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:00 am

I just had my first game with this mod and I was quite presently blown away by it, it looked quite good looking... however the odd cammo schemes for some of the stations (mantis and Engi in particular alternate layout...) and also the kind of odd use of the stations... I know technically speaking they can face any angle/ side, but some of them look quite awkward firing 'Sideways" form what we are used to, and also some stations got the weapons facing up instead of right as well... will flipping of the ships hull and direction occur at some point?

Also the way some layouts were well... layed-out across the ship selection screen... I personally think it should go along the lines of...

Kestrel cruiser: Federation Station, Militia Station, (green and yellows), and Pirate Federation station.
Engi Cruiser: Engi Station A, B, and C.
Zoltan: Zoltan station A, B, C.
Rock: Rock A, B, C
Mantis: Mantis A, B, C.
Crystal: Crystal A, B, C[?]
Lanius Lanius A, B
Slug: A, B, C.

Now as you can see here... there is some odd balls here left over...

"Rebel Station", "WJ Station", "Black Fed pirate station", "ai station", these 4 are odd as they only got 1 version or have an access of versions...
We also got the "Fed cruiser" and "Stealth cruiser" slots to fill in ,which is 6 in total.

WJ could be skipped / left out, so we got 3 now. Possibly we/you can do 3 Rebel stations. (I can help you make them and it'll be a bit unique... familiar with the "Antique" or "old" rebel ships that are in CE? I could make an "old" rebel station the same way the current one is made... same kinda style that or I can simply use the same kind of paint scheme as the antique ones and do minor edits.) while the type C could be a pirate?

This'll leave us at 2 ships remaining (Black fed pirate) and Ai... 1 ship available, could be WJ... but I kinda thought about having an ASB satellite/ station possibly...
Well, semi ASB...

Just an idea on the whole thing, I found the current layout a tad messy and I am not hating on your unique skins but some of them seem a bit odd/ sloppy (engi specificity... but the mantis one doesn't seem to fitting either with the orange and green... )

Also another mention is that when you got AE content off, it does have odd results so to say as most of your ships in rather A or B layouts got AE equipment thus it kinda doesn't work for non-AE people in terms of balance in a way or feel?

This is just a few critic like stuff I have to say but I have to say i do quite enjoy this mod and it gave me a very interesting experience! I would say it gave me a bit more of a 'new' interesting experience then CE. (not saying CE is bad or shallow or anything, it is very extensive and very well made but it still had the same end goal, the same mission, and was still FTL... Stations job is rather radically different and it felt more like a new game where I have to manage my scrap and other stuff more carefully and things like missiles and boarders are a bit more of a hassle... well boarders were problematic because I choosed engi cruiser A as my first run)

I am happy to help out with this mod if you need any requests, I am making chains of weapon mods and packages so if you want to integrate some weapons I made you're all free. (atm I only released a ballistics mod as you may be aware, but you can help recommend what my next weapons pack could be centred on...).
If I was some reviewer, I would give this mod a solid 8/10, still room for improvement and this is just a WIP so it is understandable. I know you got PC issues and can't go right away into this but I hope this is something to think about so to say...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Grand Exdeath

Postby Grand Exdeath » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:05 am

I was able to get Fuel off an enemy. Granted, it was only one, but space stations aren't supposed to do FTL jumps.
I am one of the biggest critics of video game music ever