[SHIP] Hermes Cruiser 2.5

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jellosity

[SHIP] Hermes Cruiser 2.5

Postby Jellosity » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:45 am

THE HERMES CRUISER

The Hermes Cruiser is a fast, agile, and versatile little ship with big engines providing a bonus in the respective system. You get one burst laser mk.II to help you fight. The drone bay is not available to purchase, but I don't know how to make unavailable.

Images
Download

You need Slipstream Mod Manager to install this mod of course.

Please leave some feed back on how you thought the ship was and what you think will improve/ make it better. It's my first mod I've ever made.
Last edited by Jellosity on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
THE HERMES CRUISER
Jellosity

Re: [SHIP] Hermes Cruiser 2.0 (Redesigned)

Postby Jellosity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:48 pm

The Hermes Cruiser 2.0 is out! I redesigned the ship hull adding an orange federation line and taking out the second cockpit. I also completely redesigned the rooms and most of the systems to provide an easier and more realistic placement of them.

Please, as always, leave feedback for improvements or suggestions.
THE HERMES CRUISER
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Looking better now.

You may need to work on the hull a tad bit more.

Red and Yellow: it seems one side of the ship joins.

Blue: useless distractive straight line, maybe make it go in a slope direction when it's off the flat top OR remove it in general.

Pink: your weapon is upside down.

Edit: besides the hull, I think the starting weapon is a tad to powerful, being equal to the Kestrel B yet 50% less firepower while that ship already has quite a lot of firepower to start with.

Perhaps change out 1 of the weapons or add a custom weapon.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Maybe a keep 1 burst laser and add in a 1 shot 15 sec recharge laser in place of the second burst. That should even it out.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:30 pm

There also a weird glow around the hull, which would be fine if it didn't look like a square around the entire ship, also the top part of the engines have a darker color and doesn't match the rest of the ship. I posted a picture below so you can see what i mean. After those small things are fixed I think your going to have a pretty sweet ship. Keep it up man. ;)

Link if the picture below doesn't load correctly
http://s28.postimg.org/hgne1llx9/s_Td_PAsq.jpg

Jellosity

Postby Jellosity » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:48 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:snip

Oh I didn't notice the pink glow, also the different colors of the engines are supposed to look like that. It's supposed to represent shading but i'll fix it I guess. The pink glow i'll get rid of.

R4V3-0N wrote:snip

I see that the starting weapon is a little powerful, I might in a Burst Laser Mk.II and that's it. I don't understand what you meant by one side of the ship joins.
THE HERMES CRUISER
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:57 pm

I understand you wanted to shade one side of the ship, but there's really no shadows in space. It looks like a spotlight is shining from one side of the ship lol. Maybe make the entire hull a bit darker if you wanted a little more shader action. Its your ship though bud, i just think right now the shadows at the top look quite odd. Still its a cool little ship so dont stop. :)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:53 pm

I see that the starting weapon is a little powerful, I might in a Burst Laser Mk.II and that's it. I don't understand what you meant by one side of the ship joins.

Look at the yellow circle, notice how that doesn't exist on the other side.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Jellosity

Postby Jellosity » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:45 am

Okay, I fixed those few problems. I don't want to change the differences in one side of the ship that doesn't "join" with another because I like it that way. The colors have been fixed, the pink square glow, the shading, and also the overpowered weapons, I added a burst laser mk.II.
THE HERMES CRUISER
ScubaSteve3465

Re: [SHIP] Hermes Cruiser 2.5

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:46 pm

Not trying to be picky but i think a slightly whiter hull would fit better. If you feel its good enough thats fine though, just my opinion. Compare it side by side with the kestrel with rooms hidden and see how the color looks. There both federation ships using the same material and color scheme so it should match the color as best as possible. Im going to try a playthrough now and il let you know how it goes. Good job fixing the things pointed out.