[SHIP][WIP] A Meteor Ship: Replaces the Kestrel

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
LiamMCK13

[SHIP][WIP] A Meteor Ship: Replaces the Kestrel

Postby LiamMCK13 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:15 am

Hello, people this is my first mod and im new to this. I made this mod because is was bored. I will try and keep this mod updated. Enjoy the new ship.

This ship is a WIP and most things will change.
If you encounter any bugs or errors, please reply and ill try to fix them asap.
Feel free to make any videos.

Hey, I'm back at school and I'm not sure what to do with my Meteor Ship. If you have any ideas on what I can do with my ship feel free to comment down below and Ill see what I can do.

Pictures:
Hanger
Hull

Download
v1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ehbi ... Meteor.ftl

Downloads: 50

TODO
Maybe make Meteor Weapons
Re-Balance the ship

Change log:
v1 - Released the mod
v1.1 - Centred the ship
Last edited by LiamMCK13 on Sat May 10, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 20 times in total.
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP][WIP] A Meteor Ship: Replaces the Kestrel

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:24 am

images would be nice please.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
LiamMCK13

Postby LiamMCK13 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Added Picture
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Could you add an actual image- preferably not a Gyazo screenshot, as those links stop working after a little while?
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:25 pm

A hangar picture would be much more useful so we can see exactly what weapons, systems, and power it starts with. Just a suggestion bud. I like the style of the ship and was going to download until i saw that the post was basically one picture with no information on the actual ship.
LiamMCK13

Postby LiamMCK13 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:53 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:A hangar picture would be much more useful so we can see exactly what weapons, systems, and power it starts with. Just a suggestion bud. I like the style of the ship and was going to download until i saw that the post was basically one picture with no information on the actual ship.

Pictures are now added
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:56 am

Not bad for a first mod, keep it up! The loadouts seems viable and actually quite powerful. With how many missiles does it start? Cause the with the fire bomb you are already set for midgame. On the other hand there are some downsides, like the absence of sensors, but there could be further ones in my opinion. Maybe skip the door system as well?

The Hull is solid (ha!) but I'm slightly irritated by the fact that the ship looks streamlined. The asteroid ship by 5th horsemen took more of a "strap-engines-to-a-random-rock" approach and that kind of looked more natural to me. I also find the hull unesserry dark. I think it would provide more contrast to the backdrop ingame if it would be darker. All just my opinion of course.

The room layout is fine I'd say, although I personally prefer if airlocks connect to the edges of the ship (part of my vanilla coherency fetish.) There are also a lot of airlocks, together with the Rock crew that gives the ship pretty good fire protection. I guess that makes sense for an asteroid, but again, with no doors to start with the player would actually have to do something for this advantage, which might be more interesting from a game play perspective.
LiamMCK13

Postby LiamMCK13 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:30 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Not bad for a first mod, keep it up! The loadouts seems viable and actually quite powerful. With how many missiles does it start? Cause the with the fire bomb you are already set for midgame. On the other hand there are some downsides, like the absence of sensors, but there could be further ones in my opinion. Maybe skip the door system as well?

The Hull is solid (ha!) but I'm slightly irritated by the fact that the ship looks streamlined. The asteroid ship by 5th horsemen took more of a "strap-engines-to-a-random-rock" approach and that kind of looked more natural to me. I also find the hull unesserry dark. I think it would provide more contrast to the backdrop ingame if it would be darker. All just my opinion of course.

The room layout is fine I'd say, although I personally prefer if airlocks connect to the edges of the ship (part of my vanilla coherency fetish.) There are also a lot of airlocks, together with the Rock crew that gives the ship pretty good fire protection. I guess that makes sense for an asteroid, but again, with no doors to start with the player would actually have to do something for this advantage, which might be more interesting from a game play perspective.

Thanks I know the ship is a bit powerful, but I will balance the ship overtime
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:17 pm

please make a floor, its the only thing stopping me from using this. I would do it myself but were all waiting on Superluminal still. If its a quick thing maybe you can make a person patch for me or something?
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Fri May 09, 2014 6:30 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:please make a floor, its the only thing stopping me from using this. I would do it myself but were all waiting on Superluminal still. If its a quick thing maybe you can make a person patch for me or something?

Most people don't use floor images... :P