[SHIP] Crystal Interceptor B (Crystal Apparition B)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

[SHIP] Crystal Interceptor B (Crystal Apparition B)

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:54 pm

This is the type B from a ship made by Madhatter
I have permission to create and upload the type B I made myself.

Thread to original ship
"Crystal Apparition A": viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19357

"The Crystal Interceptor is a heavily armed ship made to take out invading bombers by locking up there internals and breaching the rooms to suffocate the crew inside while boarding there ship. Crippling the large ship from the inside out."

Download Link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnyjzjo9knqd209/Crystal%20Interceptor%20B.ftl

The ship comes with 3 weapon slots, 2 drone slots, and 4 crystal crew men, Doors and Cloaking can be purchased at store. The Weapon "Crystal Breach Bomb" is a cross between the Crystal Breach bomb and a beach bomb.
It is aimed to be balanced for the ship, not in general. If the weapon is ever in any other mod I make it will have higher recharge time and/or energy cost.

Ship hull image is a recolour from the original ship.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stargateprovider

Re: [SHIP] Crystal Interceptor B (Crystal Apparition B)

Postby stargateprovider » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:08 am

This Crystal Interceptor looks very nice as well!
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-k7Aw4TtX8

Here ya go, decided to do another episode for today LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks for yet another vid.

Just to let you know, I asked if the original mod creator was going to make a type B and told him I can do the recolour for him, he responded saying no he isn't but I can do it instead. I needed to practice weapon modding so challenge accepted.

Oh and I am also making a special mod for you Bren Tenkage, I'll hope, no wait; KNOW, you'll love it :twisted:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
LegatDamar

Postby LegatDamar » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Like the Carnelian: OP ;) 4 Crystal and a 4-man-teleporter is too good. It was fun to play, but no real challange.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:31 pm

Well the ship is aiming to be similar to the crystal B.
Personally I never liked the Crystal type B, never made it past sector 1, think it may be the RNG messing with me seeing a 3 shielded Auto-Assault (among the other spam of auto ships) with a ion blast II, halberd beam, and a burst laser II. That or other events like mantis/ rock ships and shite happening on your while the boarding is happening

the fact you got no sensors and less other stuff means your less OP then the Carnelian.

I looked up the total BP values of both ship (even though those are out of date and got no worth in game, it gives you a basic idea of how things are measured) and total scrap costs for both ships, the Carnelian beats this ship easily.

Also if this was your first run in the ship/ was done on easy (hell i can win using the federation scout on easy... no really I have, I played FotF and won in a Federation scout on normal, 5 hull? 2 weapon slots? no drones? Challenge accepted!) for all we know RNG was in your favour and you got a Pegasus missile, crystal homeworlds + more crystal weapons, etc.

Trust me, I once thought the zoltan cruiser was OP, then I realised that getting 2 pike beams, multiple halberds, and 4 ion blast I's, II's, and heavies was not a normal thing in game.

seriously imagen a ship with 2 Halberd beams, 1 ion blast, 1 ion blast II.

So I got off topic. in short: If any other feedback comes, I am removing doors from starting and make drones start and level 1.

We all learned a leason, RNG is to random.

Edit: oh... it already has no doors. Well then, good luck with fire bombs and fire beams :lol:

If updated, sensors and Oxygen will be removed. (yes I just said oxygen, you got a medbay, and you got minor sufication damage, I suggest you should go save for the (reasonable cheap for a system) oxygen room :twisted: )
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Pruntyisawesome

Postby Pruntyisawesome » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Ha-ha! I think i am the first one to notice "and a beach bomb.". I think i lack sun a bit..
NotSoFriendlyZoltan

Postby NotSoFriendlyZoltan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:59 pm

The Ship kind of looks like a knob.