[SHIP] The Diseunity (Update 1.1: AE Compatible)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Law

[SHIP] The Diseunity (Update 1.1: AE Compatible)

Postby Law » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:02 pm

Welcome to The Diseunity! This ship came about in trying to create an experience in which you, the player can choose to do as you want. Options are open for firing and blasting, teleporting in for a fight, cloaking, and droning away. What do you do? Well, that's up to you! Take on the Rebel Flagship, combat evil automated drones, or force yourself to go against the Rebel fleet by flying into them!
Download v1.0 (Not Advanced Edition Compatible)

Included are Splint Bombs as your artillery, which will quickly drain all the oxygen of an enemy's ship. Even the most well trained Engi will struggle to keep their hull air-tight!

Installation/Compatibility with other mods
The file provided is a .FTL file, install it as you would any mod! In case of conflicts, this ship replaces the Stealth Cruiser Type A.

v1.0 also replaces the artillery weapon, which is not necessary in the Advanced Edition update.

Note!
This ship has not been balanced in any heavy way, due to its nature of allowing the player to do whatever they really want. Though I have not included some systems, one might note the Splint Bombs are really powerful when leveled up. You set your limits, so that's up to you.

If there's anything that's really broken (like your game exploding your FTL game), then please tell me about it! I'll see to it that it is fixed ASAP.

Screenshots

Videos
I did a whole bunch of videos for the Diseunity, showing a full run from start to end.
Note that these are from an old release, so it only goes up against vanilla content.
[ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]
Last edited by Law on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forum mods, for your convenience!
UltraMantis

Re: [SHIP] The Diseunity - Take any Path! (Pictures included

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:11 am

404 , no linkie :(
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Law

Postby Law » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:24 am

UltraMantis: Oh no, incorrect link! Silly pesky 'v'! Link's fixed now.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Law wrote:Included are Splint Bombs as your artillery, which will quickly drain all the oxygen of an enemy's ship. Even the most well trained Engi will struggle to keep their hull air-tight!

How did you do that?? A weapon that drains oxygen?? i guess u talking just a regular breach bombs, right?

Interesting room layout desing, good job there.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Law

Postby Law » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:27 am

speedoflight wrote:How did you do that?

Yeah, I used breach bombs... I used them alright.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:44 am

Love the work you did on this one Law. The looks are great, and the room layout is perfect.

I understand that you wanted the player to be able to take this ship in any driection but i feel compelled to scream OP at you because you give the player soooo much.
A dream team crew, several important secondary systems upgraded, Kestrel's weapons + Fire Beam, A-Team Beam, cloaking... OP, OP, OP :mrgreen:

Few highlights from the stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/frumple1/c/2996993 - Playing the ship, Demon Luck mode was on, so it's not very realistic. :?
http://www.twitch.tv/frumple1/c/2997015 - And when i say Demon Luck, i really mean it! :twisted:

I don't really recommend the full stream, but it's available here:
Full stream (includes an epic fail in the Hunter mod, Automated Scout run and part 1. of Diseunity):
http://www.twitch.tv/frumple1/b/465100738
Diseunity part 2 (includes a tedious failed run in the Obsidian Cruiser): http://www.twitch.tv/frumple1/b/465195894
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Law

Postby Law » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:01 am

UltraMantis: Heh, I might have given a little much to the player, but I think it is useful to allow some flexibility. Not everyone wants to go full in with a boarding-only strategy through the entire game.
Garick Expor

Postby Garick Expor » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 am

Are you planning on updating this for AE
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:34 pm

Maybe make many variations of Diseunities, all having the same loadout, but one focused on weapons, one on boarding... And still keep the original OP Diseunity. That would really give the player many paths to take (maybe too many :D)
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
Terminus Paragon

Postby Terminus Paragon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:23 pm

This looks like so much fun... If only mods were available on the iPad version! D: