FTL Remastered

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
UltraMantis

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:19 am

Moved to Working Mods

Top job sir! :D
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Phlakes

Postby Phlakes » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:59 am

Taking a break from icons and things to do another big one.

The original has the problem of being entirely matte, which definitely isn't what crystals actually are, but trying to differentiate reflections on the inside from facets on the surface is really hard and I'm kind of regretting starting this. Still, I need to get the style down so I can finish off those weapons.
ImageImage
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:13 am

The area in the lower left actually looks like a crystal. I kinda never paid attention to the crystal stuff in FTL, since it kinda looked cartoony, but compared to your work it really doesn't look good.

If you keep this up, I'm going to have trouble looking at vanilla FTL because you're making the original look so ugly. :lol:
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:25 am

aaaaaa50 wrote:The area in the lower left actually looks like a crystal. I kinda never paid attention to the crystal stuff in FTL, since it kinda looked cartoony, but compared to your work it really doesn't look good.

If you keep this up, I'm going to have trouble looking at vanilla FTL because you're making the original look so ugly. :lol:

I agree. Other than the lower left section, I think I liked the original crystals better. No comment on the metallic parts of the ship, though.
Phlakes

Postby Phlakes » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:40 am

It's still in progress, the lower left is the only part I've finished yet.
ImageImage
Arthandas

Postby Arthandas » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Your alterations are really impressive. I love the more realistic tones on both the ships you presented. Could you include Kestrel (and any other finished ships) in the next update?

Also, here's the respectful nod <nod>! I'll try to donate something when (if) I have anything on my paypal.
Terminus

Postby Terminus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:58 am

Ok so I decided to give this a quick run to check it out, and the new Kestrel looks really cool!

However, in the engine room, both the glow and the workstation are nowhere near the image of the console.

Arthandas

Postby Arthandas » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:25 am

You did something wrong or you have other mod which also alters Kestrel's look. FTL Remastered is the only mod I use and the engine room looks properly (in your image it's inverted). Also, your system icons are wrong.
sanmonku

Postby sanmonku » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:47 am

can't wait to see all the rest ; )
Phlakes

Postby Phlakes » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 pm

Terminus wrote:Ok so I decided to give this a quick run to check it out, and the new Kestrel looks really cool!

However, in the engine room, both the glow and the workstation are nowhere near the image of the console.

Arthandas wrote:You did something wrong or you have other mod which also alters Kestrel's look. FTL Remastered is the only mod I use and the engine room looks properly (in your image it's inverted). Also, your system icons are wrong.

^ I think that might be right. It's still fine on my end, and none of the versions I've uploaded even have the floor images in them, so it shouldn't be something from this mod, unless there's something weird going on under the hood somewhere.
ImageImage